Thread: Hi rise vert feed.question.....

Hi rise vert feed.question.....

Lookin at purchasing a E-mag very soon. It is used, w/ a hi rise vertical feed on it. A buddy of mine who knows quite a bit about mags said mags don't like the hi rise feed. Is this going to be a problem?

Also, it has a Freak barrel system on it also, but no inserts are included. Should I bother buying the inserts, or just get a different barrel?

Thanks from the noobie!!

E-mag
    LX
    12" AA Barrel
    88CI 4500 Pure Energy
    12 Volt Revvy, X-Board

hey, and welcome to AO!!!

I hope you enjoy your stay here in the 'Mag family!

anyways, a high rise will work ok on a mag. its not great as the blowback gas(if you dont have a LX Bolt Kit) will cause some slight feeding problems. the reason your freidn prolly tells you this is because of the new "No-Rise" that AGD is marketing. its a LOW-Low Rise that is made for use with the HALO. a HALO feeds faster with a No-Rise than a highrise, but a Revvie/Ricco still feeds faster with a High-Rise than a No-Rise. i hope this helps you out some

as for the freak, imho, they are junk and overrated...but many here will tell you they are the best thing since sliced bread

Sweet. Thanks for the info Kev. That's about what I wanted to hear. I have a 12 volt Revvie, and I figgered it would work well w/ the hi rise. I too have never been a large fan of the freak system. Just another excuse to buy new parts.

Thanks! Any one else?

You should have no issues what so ever with the hi-rise and a 12v revvie!! As for your barrel, I had a Freak system, and personaly, I can not stand them!! My choice is the Equation pro set, and there are many barrels available that shoot wonderfuly!! Just make sure when ordering to get the ones that will work on the vert feed!!
    Of course, welcome to AO!!
    E-Mag's on a diet
    Stay tuned for Pics!!!
    Centerflag 201 series 68/45