Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Frame Package Contest Q&A's

Uhhh... shartley... I don't think webby is on "Staff" at AGD.

shartley Guest

Phil.... e-mail me.

Webby... check your mail.

Thanks.

------------------
    “The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”

Nevermind - Im exempt....guess I can show you what I was working on... YES its partly upside down - its made as one sheet...

https://www.automags.org/webmaster/agd_frame.gif

good luck to everyone!

------------------
    Webmaster - AutoMags.Org
    webmaster@automags.org
    ----------------------
    "Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of Darkness

Shartley,
    I'm not being impatient since the contest ends the 24th, but when will the e-mail addy we send our "creative" designs to be posted? thnx

I'm definitely not a professional, but I have Photoshop 6.0 at home with Alien Skin EyeCandy, Extensis PhotoTools, Xenotools, and some other various filters; CorelDRAW 9.0, Adobe Illustrator (forget the version), Jasc Paintshop Pro, Bryce 3D, etc, etc.

But in all honesty, resources mean nothing nothing if you don't know how to use them. And honestly, even knowing how to use them I probably won't use more than Photoshop and maybe some CorelDRAW. Lots of people out there have access to either or both of those programs. If not, well, make due with what you can. I've seen people do wonders with Paint Shop Pro, with is technically an inferior program.

6. Post

hey webmaster,

No offence, but i see it an advantage for you because you have found out what the INTELLIFRAME has and its optional parts, i dont care, im just saying that we need to know what parts it comes standard with, and what parts are optional, and a brief description since its a new grip, and we dont know the slightest thing about it, thanx.

7. Post

oh wait, i just looked at your post and it says your exempt, i didnt see that, im sry

Wow, webbie has a nice sample there.. much better than I could probably do. Everyone check it out, it looks great.

Uhm, 90% of this website knew everything about the Intelliframe a long time ago. If Webby knew anything before we did, it wasn't too big a headstart.

10. Post

tell me 6 things about the intelliframe....without looking at webbys pic(which is very nice!)

shartley Guest

SuperG:

Tom will let us know where to send the files. I am sure it will be within the next couple days.

Thanks.

------------------
    “The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”

webbie had the same look as one of my ideas, I got two going and I am going to pick which looks best at the end. Nice smooth lines and shapes, simple text, and a nice simple color scheme all the way. The modern look is cool, I like your idea on drawing the trigger frame. My other idea is kinda hightech matrix looking thing. I like both as of right now

-Rick

13. Post

k
    im almost fiished on my first one, but, how many designs can we have? thanx

shartley Guest

How many can we submit?

9) There is no limit to the amount of entries each person can submit. HOWEVER, keep in mind that this is not a win by flooding contest. It is QUALITY that counts. I would advise limiting yourself to a couple at most… ONE great one is best. You have two weeks to work on it, so USE that time.
    Thanks

------------------

Ok a few questions.

1. Once again I'm going to request some more various pictures of the frame, especially a good picture of one with the blade, and one with the standard trigger.

2. Are the dye grips dye stiky grips, or are they dye standard grips. There is a differeance, and I believe we dont want false advertising on the packaging

Thx -Matt

I'll probably have more questions in the near future, but i got my preliminary design done.

In looking at webbies design, it notice it has the suggested retail price. Should we include that?

17. Post

$139.99!!!, i better win this contest if im ever gonna get one

Heres a tip....when you are doing a design and the marketing people havent given you all the copy - or even all the features - just make it up!

I dont know the MSRP - but I guessed. I made up my own list of features that I thought would be good to show case.

Good design is NOT dependent on the EXACT information you place. You arent going to loose because you put $100 msrp and it was actually higher. Design is all about PLACEMENT and ORGANIZATION of information. You could take my design and make all of the text in nonsence latin and it would still be a decent design. Infact, when I dont have the copy, I usualy do what is called greeking - which is just filler text to show this is where the info will go. Your design will either be strong or weak. THey can tweak the exact wording afterwords - thats not a big deal.

------------------
    Webmaster - AutoMags.Org
    webmaster@automags.org
    ----------------------
    "Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of Darkness

throdic, besides the fact those pieces of software are more than likely bootleged (who would spend all that money on plug ins) why would you want to use those anyways, to get funny letters?

-rick

20. Post

hey, i was j/w, can u tell us how u did the frame on ur front

shartley Guest

SuperG:
    I personally would not add the MSRP on the design. I think for the Paintball Shop's benefit, I would leave it off. But I think Tom should answer that one. It is his product.

pot35tom:
    I think you need to re-read what you get if you actually WIN this contest. It is FAR more than $139.99.

------------------

Ok, are my pictures in the proper format? Im working on making them all one picture, but is it the correct dpi and whatnot? Help would be appreciated. Thanx.
    ** helping you out man **

ENDO!

------------------
    GO HERE!: http://wsnonline.8k.com

The Witherspoon News! Sign the guestbook! It better than sunglasses, and twice as fragrent!

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 08-13-2001).]

Originally posted by irbodden:
    throdic, besides the fact those pieces of software are more than likely bootleged (who would spend all that money on plug ins) why would you want to use those anyways, to get funny letters?

-rick
    Photoshop's usefulness should be plainly obvious. Its the single most useful piece of software I own. CorelDRAW is better for more intensive design work, and creating layouts for a variety of projects. It's also great for making flyers and such with easy multi-page management. Having both also allows me to take work home with me.

I've found that Paint Shop Pro will open ANY graphics format I can come across. Every once in a while I will come across a file format that Photoshop won't recognize, and neither will any other program. For some reason PSP opens that file 99% of the time. Then I can save it in a format Photoshop or another program will recognize. That feature in and of itself is rather useful.

I don't have illustrator installed currently, because it's pain to work with, and I don't feel like investing the time in doing so right now.

The other programs I own I just have because I got them from someone who gave me a whole package in bulk. It's handy to know that if I ever NEED to use Illustrator to edit an EPS (I have yet to find another program that can edit Illustrator files), I have that capability.

As for their legality, you are free to make your own assumptions :-)

shartley Guest

Thumbs down

MajorDamage

I hope you are not going to be the FIRST disqualified because you can not read the rules. Please go back and read about Posting your images online.

Thanks.

------------------

im sorry, I didnt see any post about putting pictures online(I still cant find it). And im changing a few things on that picture. I just wanted to know if it was the right format.

ENDO!

------------------

The Witherspoon News! Sign the guestbook! It better than sunglasses, and twice as fragrent!

shartley Guest

Exclamation

https://www.automags.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/005624.html

OFFICIAL RULES

------------------

shartly, this may be stuid question but im kinda confused. are we supposed to make it one whole design and not 3 seperate>? beacuse 2 people posted there designs at the begining and it was 3 seperate and webby made 1 whole desig?

28. Post

im almost done!, and i dont know y im posting this!maybe because im a moron!and i always use "!"'s !

Ok, thanx sorry. I missed that part. But was it in the proper format? Thanx.

ENDO!

------------------

shartley Guest

jah871:

The graphic is made up of 3 sections... joined together to form ONE image. The final submission MUST be in ONE image since that is how it will be printed.

I have explained this earlier... just scan for any posts I made in this thread, and go back and read the Official Rules post. I think you will understand.

------------------