Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Frame Package Contest Q&A's

1. Post

lol, thanx

Alright "Shurtly" good to see you back.

Oh and that's rule 13 by the way...how ironic?

[This message has been edited by cphilip (edited 08-14-2001).]

I have put about 3 hours a day in, and still dont have a design I like, I went from trendy, to hightech interface, to a matrix idea. I'll probly submit them all, since its no use putting good entries to waste huh? I have no clue where to go with this :/

-rick

shartley Guest

Cool

Don't worry about going in many directions. When designing this type of stuff, it is not uncommon to come up with drastically different designs.

As long as each, although quite different, is of good quality, you folks will be fine.

I like seeing people work though.

------------------
    “The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”

Man, I hope someone comes up with a good one

-Rick

For the past couple days ive been working it a min of 5 hours or so. the first day i actually worked on it 10 hours straight. And im still picky about the design lol

Geepers... 3 hours total. Maybe I'm an underachiever (my folks would readily agree with that statement) but if I keep working on something, I end up screwing up perfectly good designs by overthinking. I've completed 1 design which is just waiting for the e-mail address, and will start working on a 2nd tonight.

And HOPEFULLY it will be done tonight, too.

krafty

Those photos Tom posted have way to many shadows and diffrent lights in em' to do what I wanted. I hope I make something to be proud of :/

-Rick

I have to disagree with Tom's statement of not using a small DYE logo to advertise the grips. Personally, I think he would sell more of these frames if they flaunted the idea of them coming with the Stickys. Its not really hurting my design, but I think it will hurt AGD. So, this is my formal request to get the DYE logo on the design. .

shartley Guest

SuperG:
    Thank you for your comment.

However, did you look at how large the DYE logo is on the actual grip? Can you SEE it on the actual Grip, even through the CLEAR PLASTIC Packaging?

Do you actually think (honestly) that not having a little DYE logo on the Package Design will hurt AGD? Tom is correct, and I hinted at it with my original answer to the DYE logo question.... it is NOT a DYE product. It is an AGD Product that uses a DYE part.

This is not an Ad Slic to be placed in a Magazine. It is packaging label design placed on the Product Packaging.

Tom has made his decision on this, and is right on. When you look at the packaging with the product IN it, if you did not know it was an AGD Product (without putting it on the Label), you would already THINK at a glance that it was a DYE product.

I think this ends that issue.

Thanks.

------------------
    “The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”

11. Post

shurtly beasts' him out

12. Post

and besides, i think tom would like any grip i mean he did like the name INTELLIFRAME better than
    &nbspG
    N D "Vantage"

am i right?, lol, im jk , hehe

13. Post

oops!, i meant
    &nbsp&nbspG
    A D Vantage (if u dont c it, it says ADvantage, heh

shartley Guest

I just put the misspelled name (mine) and Beast together. Cute.

But I would like to quell any misunderstandings. My aim is not to attack, but to inform. There are reasons beyond what some might easily overlook, for decisions made in this contest and in business in general.

The DYE logo was one of them. I am quite sure after reexamining the product, the contest and its intended goal, and the reason for product labeling, any doubts of WHY it is not going to be allowed on the Label is now abundantly clear.

Some people, and companies, would not have even bothered to explain why a decision is (was) made... only that one HAD been made. I was only showing the WHY.

I hope SuperG understood my intent. When answering questions and concerns here, I do not only answer them for the individual making the comment or question... it is done for everyone to read and understand.

------------------

This isn't a question, but....

I would sugguest to AGD that when they have the gallery of designs that made it to the final ideas that AGD thought were good. I would sugguest that they NOT list the names of people who designed it untill the contest is over. I wouldn't want people playing favorites baised on post count, or coolness and not baised on the design of box...

shartley Guest

Good suggestion.

I have already discussed that with Tom. I think he is leaning toward posting both a number for the Graphic, and the Name of the Designer.

I hope he takes another look at this issue, but when it all comes down to it, he is the Boss.

Thanks.

------------------

put the names on em' who cares about post count.

-rick

The reason i think that there shouldn't be any names is because : if anyone is unpopular on the forum , or has a low post count ,people might look at that and decide not to vote for thier item. Also , if lets say......webmaster makes a AWESOME package, and it undoubtedly should be the packaging , alot of people probabally wouldn't want him to get it for the sole fact of him being the webmaster.

Does it HAVE to be one picture? because on the original thread tom said he might pick one persons front, and another persons side or back.and what if someone has like 4 fronts, but only 3 backs, or sides?

-Jerry

------------------
    WickeDKlowN
    IRC:|^XeoN^|
    XeoN42069@aol.com
    Team TwiztiD
    "Huked On Fonix Reely Wurks For Me"

Zip files are ok.

AGD

shartley Guest

Exclamation

Nitroduck:
    Good points, but Webby is NOT in the contest. He is the Webmaster of the site the contest is being run on, and the site it is being run on is owned by AGD.

WickeDKlowN:
    YES it HAS to be in ONE graphic. I have said that before. If you have more than one front, but want to submit only one side and back, or whatever, you must make a total image for each.

And the question about sending as ONE image has already been answered in THIS thread ( as well as being in the Official Rules)...

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If I have 4 fronts and only one side and back, do I have to make 4 total things with, a side, a front and a back, or can I just send in the one file with 1 front back and side and then send in the other fronts separate? Before you said not to post our pics yet, I did so does that mean im disqualified already?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, send 4 graphics total. Just replace each front with the new one.

And no, you are not disqualified. Just go back and find your post and delete it. I will not hold you to that rule since it did not exist at the time. But it stands now.

Thanks.
    This is not a contest on who can come up with the best PART of the design, but who can come up with the best TOTAL design.

I put a lot of time and effort into the rules, and in answering all your questions. I don’t think it is too much to ask that people show me the courtesy of actually READING what I wrote.

Thanks.

------------------

[This message has been edited by shartley (edited 08-14-2001).]

shartley Guest

Thanks Tom, I will get that on the Official Rules Post.

------------------

ok i have one question. who is going to be voting on wich design Wins. because i am unsure if the bored votes or that agd chooses.

Thanx

24. Post

with my design, and those pics....i shall be, UNSTOPABLE!!, i dont know, i was just bored so i posted somthing.........

25. Post

oh, and hey shurtly, i didnt say u were a beast, that was my brother, automagseeker, just to let you know.

26. Post

okay, im done!!!!, since i worked on it 9 hours yesterday, and 5 hours today , i should hope i would be done by now, but for fear other people might take my design, i am not posting it yetm i might later if shurtly wants me to. and guys, i dont have an automag i have a beat up tippmann which i want to replace, my brother told me about this and since i know like everything about computers, i decied to register and go for this contest, even tho that was pointless of me saying this, i just was bored, cya

shartley Guest

Waiting on conformation from Tom, but I think it is going to be you Members Voting for the design.

------------------

I've searched and searched...has the email for the submissions been given yet?

shartley Guest

No, it has not been given out yet.

Keep checking with the Official Rules Thread. As soon as Tom gives it to me, I will put it up for you guys.

Thanks.

------------------

What type/grade aluminum is the frame made out of?