Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Frame Package Contest Q&A's

yeah I know that, I already have it in one picture on my computer. I just wanted to know if it was the proper dpi and whatnot. Sorry if im being annoying, I just want to make sure I do it right.

ENDO!

------------------
    GO HERE!: http://wsnonline.8k.com

The Witherspoon News! Sign the guestbook! It better than sunglasses, and twice as fragrent!

Alright thanks for your help.

3. Post

so shurtly when our design is done, it should look like webbys looks like?
    thanx, just wanted to clear it up for other people...........heh

Question

Should we put dotted lines or something to seperate the three sections or should we just leave it be?

No AGD said no borders. So no dotted lines.

ENDO!

------------------
    GO HERE!: http://wsnonline.8k.com

The Witherspoon News! Sign the guestbook! It better than sunglasses, and twice as fragrent!

shartley Guest

Lightbulb

Yes... it will be like Webby's.. all one image.

No, do not put dotted lines. It will be folded where the sections meet. That is why the section dimensions were given.

And as for proper resolution and size... please visit the Rules Post. It can not get any more clear than that.

Thanks.

------------------
    “The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”

7. Post

Thanks shurtley, ur a beast

shartley Guest

LOL pot35tom

You have said that before.... Can I take that as a compliment?

(Oh, I am not suppose to be the one asking questions am I? jk)

------------------
    “The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”

Cool

Oops, I accidently deleted a post on the "contest rules" thread. It asked what the Email addy was to send your ideas to.

If you read rule #7, Tom has not established the special address for the contest yet, please be patient

WickeDKlowN
    posted 08-13-2001 08:21 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    is it oj if theyre zipped up, because thats the only AOL will allow me to send multiple files?
    -Jerry

IP: Logged

If I have 4 fronts and only one side and back, do I have to make 4 total things with, a side, a front and a back, or can I just send in the one file with 1 front back and side and then send in the other fronts separate? Before you said not to post our pics yet, I did so does that mean im disqualified already?

shartley Guest

If I have 4 fronts and only one side and back, do I have to make 4 total things with, a side, a front and a back, or can I just send in the one file with 1 front back and side and then send in the other fronts separate? Before you said not to post our pics yet, I did so does that mean im disqualified already?
    Yes, send 4 graphics total. Just replace each front with the new one.

And no, you are not disqualified. Just go back and find your post and delete it. I will not hold you to that rule since it did not exist at the time. But it stands now.

Thanks.

(Oh, and thanks ARMY. I was about to ask you to delete it anyway. Trying to keep that Topic clean.)

------------------

shartley Guest

WickeDKlowN:

I don't see it as a problem them being sent in a ZIP file. That would make it easier for Tom actually. But I will let him answer that one himself since I don't have to receive them... I am just organizing and keeping things on track.

Check back tomorrow for Tom's answer. He usually comes on late at night and early in the morning. If he says "Yes" I will add it to the Contest Rules Thread.

Thanks.

------------------

hey shartley or anybody?

Post a picture of the intelliframe in the forum so we can use it in the design.

Thanks

Oh my gosh Shartley is getting swamped. PLEASE guys he is doing this for practically nothing let's try and review the rules before asking him.

1. Yes we have photoshop
    2. NO do not use the DYE logo we don't want to promote them any more than we have too.
    3. Do not put the price on the box.

Some advice for you guys, If you are getting a free copy of photoshop or something, dont get caught plz. Thats all we need is someone to get caught and sued because of a contest. Just my 2 cents, i know its not a question shartley but id figure id post it up anyway.

shartley Guest

Lightbulb

Peanut :
    Thank you for your concern. But there is NO way to know what software a person used to make a graphic simply by looking at it. And most definitely not after it is printed.

I think "Don't ask. Don't tell." Would be a good answer to that subject. I will not get into the legalities of "Pirated" Software.

Thanks.

------------------

Hey shartley,

Any chance of you getting Tom to post a pic of the makeshift packaging he put together all laid-out on a table? It might help people visualize how the 1 image with 3 panels should be formatted. (The front panel will be upside-down compared to the side and back panels when it's laid out flat.)

Just a thought. Carry on.

krafty
    and GREAT job so far, by the way, on this whole contest thingy. You're to be commended!

shartley Guest

Thumbs up

krafty:
    Thank you for the suggestion and comments.

About the laid out part.

What I have suggested to a bunch of you, is to simply take a piece of paper and fold it like the packaging will be folded.

Then on the front mark FRONT with an arrow pointing to the top...

then on the side (which will actually be the top) mark SIDE and an arrow pointing to the top..

and finally for the back, mark BACK with the appropriate arrow.

I think this should be easy enough for everyone to do themselves. No need to put up a picture.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

------------------

Flamebo
    posted 08-14-2001 12:29 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Give us a couple angles on it in good quality, I'm sure I'm not the best designer on the board but I can probably whip a few quick things up to get the others started. Plus it'll be fun...
    IP: Logged

i give up...i'm no good w/ comp drawings...so i'm not even gonna try this one.................hey the q&a's were good quality advice...thnx

Eric

------------------
    "Blood is foul, The Flesh dross. My Ascendance thirsts for life itself"

Intelliframe Pics you asked for.

AGD

Thanks a million, Tom.

shartley Guest

Tom,
    Thanks!

I am glad you cleared up the Dye issue as well. I thought you would go with that, but did not want to exclude it until you gave the official word.

One thing you forgot to comment on was the use of ZIP file for sending you multiple images. Again I think you will say it is fine, but I am not the one who has to process them. Could we get a clarification?

Thanks.

------------------

Hey

Thanks for the pictures Tom.

Shartley, i dont think a zip file is a good idea. It will take the guys at AGD quite some timet to unzip those files, and thus holding up the process.

Zip compression best works with numerous files in different folders, zipping up 3-4 files is just a waste of time.

------------------
    --------------------
    Roman Lebedinskiy
    chupcha@acky.net
    professional web designs
    ------------------------

shartley Guest

Shartley, i dont think a zip file is a good idea. It will take the guys at AGD quite some timet to unzip those files, and thus holding up the process.
    Respectfully, if anyone has a problem unzipping a simple ZIP file they should not be working for Tom. It takes NO time to unzip a ZIP file, you open it and export to whatever directory you want it in.

Zip compression best works with numerous files in different folders, zipping up 3-4 files is just a waste of time.
    Again, I have to respectfully disagree on this point as well. It is not a waste of time to send 3-4 10m files in one Zip file. You can choose the compression you want and it can reduce the total amount of individual e-mails sent to them. Also, even if you send 3 graphics at 10m each and can get them down to 15-20m by zipping them together, it is easier and faster than sending 3 images in 3 e-mails at 10m each.

Again, this is up to Tom what he wants to do.

Thank you.

------------------

Originally posted by pot35tom:
    but for fear other people might take my design, i am not posting it yetm i might later if shurtly wants me to.
    YOU BETTER NOT POST IT NOW OR LATER OR YOU ARE DISQUALIFIED! Wouldn't that be a waste?

read the rules you guys. Youa re to wait with your hands between your legs until you are given the email address to send them to.

DO NOT POST THEM UP!

(Just me... cphilip filling in a bit for my old buddy shurtly.... um...er..I mean shartley ummm...er ... )

28. Post

wow, srrrrrry dude, i guess i didnt c that.

shartley Guest

Thanks Phil. I am back now. Check you e-mail.

And Phil was correct, Posting entries will cause them to be disqualified. And we don't want that.

------------------

That's why I shouted it! I don't want you to screw up and lose your chances. Also it was for anyone elses benefit that might have overlooked it. I'm always watching out for you dude!