Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Frame Package Contest Q&A's

Shartly, I was thinking about the voting for the contest. I'm not sure if someone adressed this already but i think the members voting should have at least 25 posts or somthing in that nature because some people may want to win this contest so bad they could register a lot of new names to vote for there own entry.

shartley Guest

All Voting issues will be determined by Staff. I have said this before. But thank you for your concern.

I think it would be pretty obvious if something like what you described happened. And the appropriate steps would be taken.

Thanks.

------------------
    “The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”

shartley Guest

Back up top.

------------------
    “The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”

ok shart, ive got my design all on one image, 300 dpi, flattened. thats exactly what i email to Tom right?

shartley Guest

Yes, send it to the e-mail address on the Official Rules Thread.

Good luck.

------------------

I just realized that I screwed up when I made my design (I didn't leave a space for the bar code) and I sent it to the e-mail address listed on the rules thread. Can I re-submit what I made with a few changes on it?

Just in case anyone doesn't know this is the e-mail address it says to send them to on the rules thread: contest@airgun.com. This is the address I sent what I made to.

shartley Guest

up please

------------------

shartley Guest

Exclamation

polorboy:

Yes, you can resubmit it as another entry.

(((NOTE TO ALL: Format change for images. Tom will only accept JPG and TIFF images. I am also putting this on the Official Rules Thread. This may cause a slight bump for some of you, but should not be a major issue. Thanks.))

------------------

shartley Guest

move back to the top please

Hey, the barcode should be on the back, right? Thanx.

ENDO!

------------------
    GO HERE!: http://wsnonline.8k.com

The Witherspoon News! Sign the guestbook! It better than sunglasses, and twice as fragrent!

hey shartley does Tom want us to use the phots he gave us or can u use the other pics of the intelliframe on that gun, its in the prototype section, could we use it?

Hey, when I put the three pictures together, do I put the front one upside down?

ENDO!

------------------

The Witherspoon News! Sign the guestbook! It better than sunglasses, and twice as fragrent!

Oh, and the frame has Dye sticky grips, not Dye econo grips right? And it works for the RT Pro also, right? Thanx.

ENDO!

------------------

shartley Guest

MajorDamage:
    Yes, the barcode box goes on the back. Lower right or left corner. What ever works best for your design.

Yes, depending on how you put the 3 panels together, the FRONT one will be upside down compared to the rest. So we will either see the BACK and SIDE correctly, and the FRONT upside down, or the other way around.

Yes.. sticky grips.

And what it works with is a Tech Question. I refer you to the Tech Forum for that answer. I do not want to give out wrong information.

automagseeker:
    You may use ANY photos of the product you want. Tom only provided some extras because they were asked for.

Thanks.

------------------

oops..forgot to consider the packaging and didn't reverse any sides... Do I need to correct this and re-submit the entry?

If we submitted in GIF format prior to the announcement of the JPG or TIF format, should we re-submit?

shartley Guest

User:
    Yes.

StevoC:
    For the sake of continuity, yes, please resubmit it in JPG or TIFF format.

For clarification... As with other rules that changed mid-way in the contest, those following the rules at the time they WERE rules are NOT disqualified. I am only asking for the re-submission to make Tom's job easier.

Thanks.

------------------

[This message has been edited by shartley (edited 08-21-2001).]

Thanx alot Shartley!

ENDO!

------------------

shartley Guest

No problem. That's what I am here for.

(And to bump this back up.. LOL)

------------------

shartley Guest

Getting lost again.

^
    |
    |
    |
    UP

------------------

shartley Guest

Git UP!

------------------

up

Shartley, do you get an email confirmation that your submission was received after you email it?

shartley Guest

Since I am not the one receiving the submissions, I can't say for certain. I would think not though.

I think Tom was only notifying people if what they sent was not correct. Tom is not using AOL for his e-mail account, so if you don't get a notification that your mail was not delivered, it is safe to say that it WAS.

But I think Tom should clarify this one.

Thanks

(For those who don't know.. AOL is not reliable for e-mail. E-Mail entering their servers is routinely BLOCKED but the sender will receive NO notification of this. I may post an article I wrote on it in the Friendly Corner if people like.)

------------------

Shartley, I did NOT get a confirmation when I emailed my entry in... And I don't exactly know how to take that. At least it didn't bounce, so I know it got there.

krafty

shartley Guest

Yes... you are correct. No bounce, it made it. LOL

Oh.. and UP!

TWO MORE DAYS!!!!!

------------------

I keep seeing changes to the rules. Do I need to have a check box for the different types of triggers, and if so what types are going to be offered? Also do I need to have a picture of the trigger in the packaging somehow or does it not matter. Also, does it matter if the pannels are not square (i.e oval)? If you don't understand I can send you one of the ones I have already submitted and you can let me know if I am doing this right. Thanks.

shartley Guest

polorboy:
    I keep seeing changes to the rules.
    That is because "clarifications" have been added. And some rules were added because originally we felt some flexibility would be a good thing. However, we soon saw that people just did not "get" it. The skill and knowledge levels of the contestants were SO varying, that we had to modify the rules so the less knowledgeable would not be left behind.

Do I need to have a check box for the different types of triggers, and if so what types are going to be offered?
    Nowhere in the official rules does it state you MUST have a check box. Is was a recommendation (a strong one, yes, but not an official rule).

And what types will be offered has already been answered. As stated earlier, not reading what was already written is insulting.

Also do I need to have a picture of the trigger in the packaging somehow or does it not matter.
    Again, it was never in the rules. It was a suggestion, and many people asked for better pictures that they could use... so Tom provided them.

Also, does it matter if the pannels are not square (i.e oval)?
    Yes it matters! If you can show me some software that allows you to produce a graphic image that is not matted in a square (or rectangle) format, I would be most delighted to see it.

Now, if you mean the design ON the panels being oval, sure, that is fine. You can make the "design" any shape you want, as long as it fits within the exact panel dimensions provided in the official rules. The actual printing will be done on the exact dimensions as stated, and NO cutting of the insert will be done (aside from standard trimming). It will only be bent.

If you don't understand I can send you one of the ones I have already submitted and you can let me know if I am doing this right.
    Look guys, this is NOT about pre approving your entries. It is also not if WE understand what YOU are doing... it is about if YOU understand OUR rules and requirements. The contest has been running for 2 weeks. Most questions were answered in the FIRST week. Please read all the posts. Every one of your questions was already answered (minus the oval one... but you could have answered that one yourself with a little thinking.).

Most other contest would have just said "Go look at the rules"... and if you still did not get it, so be it. I have not taken that approach with this contest so that as many of you could enter as possible. I hope you understand that.

Once again, I will BEG of you all... PLEASE READ THE RULES AND THE Q&A THREADS. I do help answer questions, but this was not designed to be a hand holding event.

TWO MORE DAYS!

Thanks

------------------

[This message has been edited by shartley (edited 08-23-2001).]

Hey shartley, if i am correct, do the designs have to be into that address by 12:00 tonight? Thanks