Thread: Idea for New Electronics board

Post Idea for New Electronics board

I was just pondering the reason why an Angel LCD has 26 firing modes, and came up with this idea. What if a board had extra sensors instead of modes. I'm happy with semi-only, even fixed rate like the F5, but having inputs for pressure sensors for the air system, battery level sensors for Rev & warp and such would be coll, so would diagnostics.

I was thinking of a setup for a BM2K2 LCD like this: Board has trigger+4 inputs, 3 for pressure (Tank pressure, system output pressure, LPR input pressure) 1 for an Anti-chop-eye, and intellifeeds to 2 sources, the Warp & hopper. Integrated power system run off 1 E-Mag battery, with a Switching Mode Power Supply, locate that in rev, pull rev board and have gun board run rev servo, intellifeed warp (warp powered off central battery too)

Board would run off a DSP processor, or BASIC Stamp, with the mode switches controlling display options (pushbutton 1 cycles display mode, 2 is for calibration, hopper power switch is on/off) and an uplink kit to connect to PC for advanced calibration like ACE timing, and dwell/cycle adjustment.

Display modes would be: Game timer, Safe mode(gun cannot fire), one per pressure sensor, and standard display (graph of batt level, tank pressure vs max and resetable shot counter). A tri-colour LED would be power(green), warning(red) and firing (orange)

I think this would make far better use of the capabilities of an electronic gun than 26 firing modes.

So waddaya think folks?

------------------
    Mykroft Holmes IV
    ------------------
    My Mags:
    CF11023, Classic Feed, 16" CP .689, 14" JnJ Stainless, Ring trigger, WGP Reg, Diamond Labs Ti Reg Adjuster.

VV00614(Valve)/VV00423(reg), Black Teflon HR Powerfeed, 16" SP AA,14" JnJ Ceramic, AGD Intelliframe Blade, Benchy Crossfire cradle/on-off, black foregrip, Macroline.
    PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" R.A.Heinlein - 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'

[This message has been edited by mykroft (edited 09-01-2001).]

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA

i think it is really smart@ you put some good thinking into it, i like it!

------------------
    you ever notice how elves do everyting???

Yea that would be one pimpin gun! But who would do that?...I mean AGD just put out the e-mags so they can't really just change the board on e-mags or can they?

Whos crazy enough to make this!? ME! Its a great idea! And I have completed the prototype, tell me what you think, its a ruff version but it sure does stuff!(maybe)

http://wsnonline.8k.com/Spub.jpg

Ok, I think this will work well...

ENDO!

------------------
    GO HERE!: http://wsnonline.8k.com

The Witherspoon News! Sign the guestbook! It better than sunglasses, and twice as fragrent!

My Elite Team of Elves!

Cool

Hmmmm...it's Techy enough to move, but I like it

------------------
    EIB

Cool

Thats one hell of a prototype spud!

------------------
    ~ChAoScLoWnZ
    chaosclownz@magcentral.org
    MAG CENTRAL

Ever felt like picking up a knife and stabbing yourself, just to see what it'd feel like? Welcome to my world.

I don' think this idea would work as well on the E-Mag, due to the LED display. An pixel type lcd display would allow more versatility. Frankly I was thinking of prototyping this myself once I get my hands on the Bushy I want (Sonic Bushmaster). I've got a bit of experience doing this sort of thing, and can do the coding too.

------------------
    Mykroft Holmes IV
    ------------------
    My Mags:
    CF11023, Classic Feed, 16" CP .689, 14" JnJ Stainless, Ring trigger, WGP Reg, Diamond Labs Ti Reg Adjuster.

VV00614(Valve)/VV00423(reg), Black Teflon HR Powerfeed, 16" SP AA,14" JnJ Ceramic, AGD Intelliframe Blade, Benchy Crossfire cradle/on-off, black foregrip, Macroline.
    PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" R.A.Heinlein - 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'

Well, what would be the point in having tank/output/LPR monitors in your lcd? I do suppose it would be an extra showoff feature, but wouldn't have much purpose.

Besides, you would have to make or rig a bunch of wires and some kind of electronic air pressure sensors and the works. Not very practical or useful IMO.

!A! Do you think I went a little "High Tech"?
    Maybe I should peel it...

ENDO!

------------------
    GO HERE!: http://wsnonline.8k.com

The Witherspoon News! Sign the guestbook! It better than sunglasses, and twice as fragrent!

My Elite Team of Elves!

Mr.E-Magman: you would have to rig pressure sensors, but that's fairly easy. The advantage would be in having all your readouts in one spot, ie the LCD, rather than having several guages scattered across the marker, also bragging rights in a fashion far more usefull than having 26 different firing modes. You could set it up so the gun would automaticaly monitor tank pressure or input pressure, so it could beep/flash the power LED/display a warning if somethings wrong. So it could tell you if you're running low on air. I think the best mode would be the Batt readout+tank pressure readout+resetable shot counter, which would allow you to monitor all the important stuff, ie: amount of air, amount of paint, and Battery charge for Rev/Warp/Gun (all off one batt in my proposed setup)

------------------
    Mykroft Holmes IV
    ------------------
    My Mags:

PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

[This message has been edited by mykroft (edited 09-02-2001).]