Thread: Condensation On mask

Post Condensation On mask

Ok, I am a very heavey sweater.
    As in, I walk down my driveway to get the mail and I start sweating (in the summer)
    I have an over-active thiroid gland or so those doctors tell me.
    Anyway, I have a Proteus with the Vortex Fan,
    and it dosent fog anymore, but as usual, about halfway through the first game, Condensation builds up on the lense.
    I need some tips to get rid of that condensation on the lense.
    Any help would be greatly appreatated.

------------------
    If you run, you will only be marked tired

Well the only thing that I can think of is try getting some sort of anti fog spray or cream or something to put on the lense, I have some cream that I picked up as a sample at wal mart and works really well..

You could try wearing a headband.

------------------
    PaintPalooza Extreme Media

I believe the vortex fan is basically an x-wind fan. I have one and found that it does not work that well. Therefore, I mounted two small cpu fans over the slots at the top of the goggles. I powered both fans using two nine volt batteries (18 V). That is 50% more than the motor rating, but it has not caused any problems. The fans blow enough air through the mask now that the lense does not fog, and I get no condensation in the mask. In addition, I always by the thermal lenses for my JT Spectrum mask.

I do not know much about the crosswind fan, other than that alot of people complain about installing and removing it. I do, however, know about the Vortex fan, and I have to say that it performs superbly, although very loudly because the fan blades often come in contact with the inside of the casing, which is easily fixed by shaving off a sliver of plastic off each blade, making it extremely quiet. The Vortex fan is also easier to remove and install.

As for the actual post, I know that JT recommends that you use their Majik spray on the inside of their thermal lenses and their microfiber cloth to clean the thermal pane. I also recommend purchasing the Vortex fan. The vortex fan has a three position switch, which allows the user to control the direction of airflow, whether it be out of the mask or into the mask. I prefer the air blowing into the goggle area, this positively pressurizes the area preventing our warm breath from rising through the bottom of the goggole, which I figure is the primary reason for goggle fogging.

------------------
    RT Pro P/F
    w/ AGD Flatline

Get a V-Force Morph. It take 10 minutes in a hot shower for it to even start fogging up. And at this point, the condensation is only at the bottom of the lense.

V-Force goggles would be a good solution to your problem.

http://www.paintballfx.com/vforceshield.html

------------------
    "Don't mill your tank." - Miscue

Miscue's Profile

[This message has been edited by Miscue (edited 09-02-2001).]

the old canoe'r trick was put a little
    Ivory dish soap on the lens and spread it
    around. let it dry and polish it off.

Good luck