Thread: Havoc, anybody, li'l help here? (Wire ripped out of new Warp Feed )

Unhappy Havoc, anybody, li'l help here? (Wire ripped out of new Warp Feed )

I just got a Warp Feed today from RogueFactor, which WORKED FINE WHEN HE DROPPED IT OFF HERE (--not his fault--). Later, though, after installing it (on a Vert-Feed Cocker, which was no walk in the park), I went to test it, only to be disappointed when it didn't work. I messed with the sensitivity to no avail, flipped the on/off switch back and forth... Then noticed that the 12v regulator had one of the wires disconnected. Went to reconnect it, and the wire disconnected from the other end (the red middle wire going from the board). Now I have a dead Warp until/unless I can get the wire reattached, which it doesn't appear I'm going to be able to do without doing some soldering, which I can't do. I guess my question is, is there something I can do? Should I send it in to AGD? If I do, will it be under warranty, after being modded with a 12v mod and an on/off switch, (which, I might add, was very professionally done)?

This is the first AGD product I've ever owned, now that I think about it. I'm very impressed with the build quality, excluding maybe the connections of the wires . I'd really like to get this thing working, any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.
    Your head asplode!

send it to me, I'm not as busy as AGD and can fix it up and have it back to ya in no time. PM me with details if interested.(unless you know someone else who would solder it)

if your friends are anything like my friends, i know about 5-6 people who can solder well...and i just learned recently

For future, I highly recommend learning to solder, it is a skill that proves itself useful time and time again!!!!! It's actualy really simple!! But for now, looks like Havoc to the rescue once more!!
    E-Mag's on a diet
    Stay tuned for Pics!!!
    Centerflag 201 series 68/45

Havoc, I should have known you would say something like that. It's people like you that make this such a great forum. You have PM...

aw shucks, thx...

havoc do u do the 12v led mod for people?

yeap.

depending on what you want I can add a led. on/off. etc.

how much for blue led, on off, 12v mod and a little extra soldering if necessary for something i didnt do too well. lol

pm'd ya

Wow did Roguefactor drive all that way to drop the warp off to you or are you in his part of town? If your down here(I live about 10-15 min from him) let me know and you can bring it by, I will fix you up, it wouldent take very long, my soldering station is alwase setup, but if your going to have to ship it off send it Havoc I'm shure hes got more experance with warps than me.

Wiring Diagram?

Havok, do you have a wiring diagram for the led and on-off mods? The last time I even thought about my basic electronics school was back in '92. If so, that would be great!

add in an on-off switch on the black wire going from the 12v reg to the 9v adapter that plugs into the warp

Hmmmm, but would the 12v mod, an on/off switch, and an LED void the warranty?

Thanks

-Ron
    Pewter SFL E-Mag #EM01569
    Pewter Shocktech Intimidator

My Trading Feedback

Extraordinary Traders:
    Johnny Bravo

Good Traders:
    fcpchop, Xerces, Piccolo, hawpunch, Boble86, NCpaintballer, Chupas2, shrapnel, gump1119, Methos, PunkOff, TheFlamingKoosh, RogueFactor, Jonesie

Nice diagram, kev, thanks for posting that. But, where do you put an led, what specs for the led, etc? That's what I was really after, I guess I wasn't clear. Sorry about that.