Thread: Interesting tidbit of info from DYE...

Interesting tidbit of info from DYE...

I called DYE tonight to find out what the deal was with their new 2-piece threaded Boomstick barrels. I was wondering if I could just buy a few different bore size backs so that I could use my DYE for all size paints. Obviously everybody has realized how valuable this idea is, and that's why it seems like everybody is coming out with them. The guy told me that Smart Parts has the patent on the idea and that they are issuing "Cease and Desist" orders to all companies that are offering the similar type barrels. He said that was why DYE wouldn't sell the backs separate. I would have to buy the entire barrel in different bore sizes. Sounded a little fishy to me. Is this true or is DYE just trying to squeeze more money out of their customers ?

Anybody out there in AO land use the J&J barrel kit (I think it's called the Edge ?). If so, how do you like it ?

I dont see why it couldn't happen...the likeliness of it however...

the local store owner said that they wont sell the backs seperate, you have to buy the whole barrel.
    Email Adio755@Hotmail.com AIM Adio755
    The PB Trading List

yeh, i wouldnt count on it. SP i dont think could stop them from doing it. they dont have a patent on interchangeable breech barrel systems, otherwise CP, JJ, PowerLite and othesr wouldnt be in the market....so, i think tey COULD do it, but i dont think they want to

god i hate sp so much, we should really boycott them you know. i see no reason not to believe this, sp will sue everyone for everything.

I can see it now... a year from now, a flyer shows up in every field's mailbox

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear paintball field.

please stop allowing people to... umm... shoot paintballs at each other. We... have a patent on... things that shoot paintballs. So, if you could go ahead and do that.... that'd be greeeeeeat.

-Smart Parts

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Isn't that the truth, and yaaaaaa were going to have to have you move paintball all the way into our fields were u buy our products and buy our new invisible paint. Umm yaaa.

Thanks, and let me just take that different size back of that boomer from you. Yaaa
    AIM: Scheeseboy87
    Email: scheeseboy87@adelphia.net
    Stuff that has to go!
    Genx-3 w/ Full matching freak and Dye Hinge for sale

office space!
    (by request, reset by Army)

Washington... AKA 'Cocker Country... Come get Some!
    I got an idea! how about a "Smart Parts Sucks" Vaccume?

/me makes prototype

My Trading Feedback

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
    -Edmond Burke

Originally posted by halB
    god i hate sp so much, we should really boycott them you know. i see no reason not to believe this, sp will sue everyone for everything.
    Isn't that jumping to conclusions pretty quickly? We have no PROOF tha Smart Parts has done anything in this situation. I hardly think a DYE Employee, interested in not only selling more $$$ worth of his product but defaming his competition, would be a reputable source of such information!

Please, let's not jump on the 'Kill Smart Parts Bandwagon' over this issue just yet.

'And if you tell me to move agian, I'm going to burn this place down...'

Later ~ Jonesie
    David M. Jones
    AO Member #1111 - Formerly davej946
    Member of Team AO, MGO 2003

Wildfire :: Division III X-Ball
    www.wildfirepaintball.com

Supported by:
    Wildfire Paintball
    Nelson Paintballs

"I'll be showing her my O-face"
    WE ARE DEADCELL, AND WE WILL RUN THROUGH YOU

Dayspring - "We've had Clare at Shatnerball." "I'm confident that she can take 20 guys."

"I'd trade my cocker for some steady pu**y"

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA
    Originally posted by Jonesie

Isn't that jumping to conclusions pretty quickly? We have no PROOF tha Smart Parts has done anything in this situation. I hardly think a DYE Employee, interested in not only selling more $$$ worth of his product but defaming his competition, would be a reputable source of such information!

Please, let's not jump on the 'Kill Smart Parts Bandwagon' over this issue just yet.

Later ~ Jonesie

If your going to jumt to conclusions.... do it on the mat

Originally posted by Tom in reffrence to a post saying he acted like my dad...
    "That's right!
    WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!"
    ALL QUIT AND NO GO!!! Team Icky Forest-Shatnerball 2003!!!
    www.tunamart.com
    DONT SUPPORT HYPOCRITICAL MISSLEAD YOUTH, BOYCOTT HK

LUMBERG!!??

" She WATCH IT - cphilip Lumberg?"
    "I want my stapler"
    Last edited by cphilip; 12-28-2002 at 11:52 AM.

"ohkay, but i, i, i burn down the building"

" Hey its the boob comercial"

Originally posted by Jonesie

Later ~ Jonesie

Well smart parts does so everyone and anyone. There probably going to patent breathing, and sue anyone who breaths!
    Dub V

Where greatness is learned
    and couches are burned

Hey I have an idea....
    What about someone calling smartparts and asking?
    I would do it but whenever I call they either put me on hold then hangup or I leave a message and noone calls me back I am sure it is just my bad luck but I am starting to get a complex.

CFD323.....
    Give them a call and fill us in.

Seems kinda odd that they could cause a stink about the companies that produce the seperate backs and fronts. I could see an issue with the other "insert" systems on the market. I better grab myself another PIPE just in case...hehe
    Bob Sandifer
    TheAggressiveGeneration - Home of the Predator.
    Dalton Ga. 706.876.0085

Originally posted by Sinnet
    I can see it now... a year from now, a flyer shows up in every field's mailbox

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear paintball field.

please stop allowing people to... umm... shoot paintballs at each other. We... have a patent on... things that shoot paintballs. So, if you could go ahead and do that.... that'd be greeeeeeat.

-Smart Parts

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! LOL

just remember,

this is not the first time lawsuits have been filed from one paintball company to another,

Brass Eagle on Odyssey (Halo)
    Worr Games on Spanky
    and so on,

It is called business, may not suit what everyone likes, but it is business.

Chris Geiger

GRock is right. First off theres one reason SP, DYE and every othre company is in paintball: To Make money. If SP comes up with a brilliant idea and patent it, theres no reason why DYE or anyone else should be allowed to use that idea. Thats the whole pretext for patents. Its so that someone is protected against copying that idea.

Second, nobody has ANY idea if SP even told Dye not to sell the backs seprately. It may be DYE doesnt think it would be profitable to do so, and therefore doesnt want to engage in doing it or that it wouldnt be profitable enough to do so--and therefore doestn want to bother.

We have no information into this question. Lets not put SP up for hanging without the proper info...on second thought...lets! I hate SP anyways based on previos transactions....WOHOO!! Kill SP!!!

Somone should definitly look into this. i doubt its true, but it never hurts to check.

"You don't need money to do nothing man, look at my cousin. He's broke don't do ****!"

lol, i love that movie.
    Chance K. Johnson, #3
    Canadian, nuff said...
    "...If only i hadn't been so drunk and so damn proud of my new flare gun!"
    "There are quite a few people who frequent Smack Talk that are living proof that the whole freedom of speech thing should start off with some type of intelligence test. You don't have to be a genius, but there should be some cut off point. People below that point should have to, by law, keep quiet." -Lane Wright
    "hopefully i dont run around naked screaming 'Chance where are you!?' people are going to look at me funny now..." -Layne (Team Virus)

I have an OTP G3 Dream Series with 5 bore size inserts threaded for 'cockers for my Tribal.But I think OTP is out of business.
    [Something Cool is Here]

same thing happened to me. I emailed them they said no. I had a friends cusion talk to them that was sponsered by them and they told him they would sell him one..To bad i got a freak so have no use for the ultralite now
    Rockin' the Cocker.

Great Traders List: Dern