Thread: AGD Mousepad!

AGD Mousepad!

Well for my first attempt it came out okay, but I think I did something wrong.

For those that want to try this yourself, I bought a kit from best buy for like $9, comes with 2 blank white mousepads and two pieces of "special" transfer paper. I bought two packs and out of the three I tried this was the best heh. Certainly not worth a 18$ mousepad But I think I'm gonna get more and see if I can perfect this

Anyway, what you do is print your picture (gotta make sure it's reversed or mirrored when you print it, I ruined one sheet printing it normal heh)

Now I'm not sure what I did wrong, but this one turned out okay, except for the fact that the film along the bottom is peeling up. I assume you've got to have the whole sheet cover the mat? The mat is about 7 3/4" x 9 1/4", the sheet is a regular 8.5" x 11". So the image should be centered on the sheet when you print it so there is ample "film" hanging over. Then you just have to trim it from the sides. I think it came out pretty good aside from the bottom edge peeling up. I'll get some more sheets and try it with the other three mousepads

anyone whose worked with these things before that can give me some pointers/tips? MAybe I had the iron too hot/not hot enough? MAybe I didn't go over it long enough? it said to go around teh matt in a circular pattern for a min, then to let it cool completely. Done and done and still ruined the bottom. My feeling is because the "film" doesn't go all the way to the end of the mat, but I'm not sure.

Any tips/ideas would be appreciated, one of the other ones I was trying to make was the exploded Emag diagram, printed that one too big so ruined that sheet, the AO logo, printed that one the wrong way (forgot to flip it) and the other one I ran outta black ink about halfway through.

just a quick edit, you can purcahse the kits direct from the manufacturer for about 1/2 what they sell them for at best buy.

Here's the link:

http://www.clubinventit.com/ss/produ...=3&sku=18417-0
    Last edited by warpfeedmod; 01-05-2003 at 07:39 PM.
    My Trader Feedback
    It was the only tournament I've been to where they have more cases of beer than paint. - gimp

Lol.....

someone has way too much time on there hands.......
    good job on the pad anyways..... heheheh....

~da baller

sweet. i would like the Xmag Ad or something.

Riotz Guest
    Not bad. Hmmm, AGD use to sell mouse pads in the online store. But I don't see them anymore. I guess lack of interest or they sold out.

well im sure AGD could get em made at a cheaper cost then buying the stuff at best buy..plus they could probably get em silk-screened.

put some color on it

did you know that,

you can goto any store that has one of thous kodak photo centers, where you can make new prints.

put in your disk or cd or cammera media. and when you goto print you can say you want it on a mouse pad?

so you can print full color high detail.

just a thought, and i think they are only like $10

from the judge in the WDP v Sp case.... " i find it significant that aside from a somewhat limited notebook produced by gaston, the four named inventors offer NO documentation of there work or there contributions to the conception or reduction to practice of the claimed invention"