Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TooDamnSweets Shatnerball Experience...

Thumbs up TooDamnSweets Shatnerball Experience...

Hey Everyone,

Mr. Kaye asked that I post some thoughts on the game here in the main forum.

Firstly, I'd like to thank Mr. Kaye and Load AO for talking me into playing at Shatnerball. I was orginally going as a spectator but they both are pretty good salesmen and convienced me I would have a good time playing. (I guess this means that I should thank you both for all the pretty bruises I got too) LOL.

Also, much mahalo's to Gibby, he helped me out alot in terms of how to play the scenerio style game and with my set up. Thanks for putting up with me

I volunteered at the registration tables from about 6:30am until 12 noon. So I didn't get to play the entire day. But helping out was really fun, I got to meet alot of people including DianaL, one of the members on the William Shatner BBS.

The first game I played in was in Bedlam, we were defending the town which got over taken by you Borg. My hopper got shot the first 5 minutes I was in the game so I thought I was out (I didn't read the rules). A medic comes next to me and says, "If you need a medic, call out for me" I had no idea what he was talking about and stood there looking dumb. Then he looks directly at me and says it again so I pick up on the hint and said: "Ummmm I think I need a medic" He then proceeded to wipe my hopper clean and I was cleared to go back into the game. I thought to myself, thats TooDamnKewl. I was standing near the edge of the hill when the Borg started to rush over, I think I shot one person, but I couldn't really tell, then I felt it, I got shot in the head. That HURT!!!! I was going to call for a medic but gibby told me that when you get shot in the head you're out of the game. The medic didn't seem all that great anymore. LOL (Just to let you know, I got shot in the head about 4 times during the entire event, I think Load put a curse on that mask...JK) While we were walking back to refill our air and get more paint, the Borg came charging over the hill and took the town. Ofcourse, we all know if I hadn't been killed, that would never have happened.

The second game I was in, was in Fort Courage. Running around in the bushes and hiding behind trees, that was really fun!!! It was a little frustrating to hear shots but not see where they were coming from. And to shoot but not see if I was hitting anyone or even shooting in the right direction. But, it was really exciting. I killed a Klingon who was hiding in some of the tree's, that was pretty awesome!! But after I killed him, someone came out of no where and shot me in the head so I was out of the game.

I met Mr. Kaye near the water faucets after my first game. Gibby went up to him and pointed me out. Mr. Kaye's first reaction...he rolled his eyes...what's up with that!! LOL He was really kewl!! We talked briefly about the game, what was going on afterwards etc. I kept telling gibby that he was much taller in person.

After the last game was over and WE WON, we went back to the volunteer area to start cleaning up. Thats the first time I saw William Shatner, he walked behind me to get to the trailor. I almost passed out...LOL

After a few minutes, all three team leaders went on stage for the auction. I wasn't really paying much attention because I don't have $3000.00 to spend on anything...Ha Ha Then all of a sudden I hear JJ Brookshire call out my screen name and he wants me to come onstage. I think my heart stopped. At first I was just gonna wave but not go up to the stage, but gibby made me go (don't let him fool you, he can be tough when he wants to be). I went on stage and tapped JJ on the shoulder, he gave me my choice of a Maxum magazine, or an autographed audio cassett copy of William Shatners Movie Memories book (doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which one I picked). I walked up to Mr. Kaye to say Hi since I was leaving the next day and probably wouldn't have another chance to talk with him. Plus, he's tall and I wanted to hide behind him. (this would later prove to be a fatal mistake on my part). JJ started talking about me flying all the way from Hawaii to play in the game, I could see where this was leading so I started to back up, I don't like mass attention, but Mr. Kaye wasn't going to let me go that easily. He grabbed me and walked me up to the front of the stage, I was so nervous, I didn't hear one word that JJ said about me. He could've said that I was giving away money and I would've smiled and said yes...LOL It was so strange to look out into the crowd. Everyone was cheering (I still have no clue why) gibby told me later that someone bid $1000.00 for me LMBO!!!

After that was finally over (seemed like it lasted an hour), Mr. Kaye walked me over to William Shatner and introduced me. It was really sweet of Mr. Kaye to do that!! I don't think I said it before but THANKS. After he introduced me, we shook hands. I was so nervous all I could say was "HI". And I know I had a goofy look on my face. WHAT A DORK I AM!!! This is probably the only opportunity that I will ever have to meet Mr. Shatner and all I could say was "HI"! After that I just stood there for a few minutes, next to William Shatner and Tom Kaye, I leaned over to Mr. Kaye and told him I was gonna pass out but I don't think he heard me, either that or he was ignoring me because he didn't want to have to catch me if I fell...LOL That is an experience I will never forget!!

After I left the stage, gibby and I walked around to look for Load so I could gloat over our win. LOL We found him standing in the crowd with AGDJohn looking completely whipped. (Probably because WE WON!!!) AGDJohn was really kewl, he still had so much energy after the 8 hour game it was amazing. He told me the story of him getting shot in the titty by Mr. Shatner. Hey John, were you able to get your shirt autographed? We walked back to he Automags tent and I met musikman and Brian 123.

Musikman wanted to take my picture so I was hiding behind gibby, then Load comes up behind me and starts to push me in front of the camera for a butt shot. Of all people!! Load is the last person I thought would try to do that!!! You are such the disappointment!! JK Anyway, we started wrestling and since he is a man he was winning. Can you guys believe he actually kicked me! How rude is that! LOL Someone got the whole thing on video but if it surfaces on this site or anyother site I will have to hurt you. (You know who you are LOL). I am very ticklish, but due to the fact that I met William Shatner 20 minutes prior and due to the swelling caused by the bee stings, I was not at my best. I'll be ready for you next time!!!

We took lots of pictures and I'll post them as soon as they're developed.

I can't wait until next year's game, hopefully I'll be a little more experienced. At least I'll know what a medic is.
    Last edited by TooDamnSweet; 09-04-2002 at 01:38 PM.

Originally posted by Miscue
    Romeo... bah! He's a pathetic fool who was lamely obsessed with the impressionable Juliet.

Nice post! But you're such a brat! Never once has my post ever been made a "Classic"!! Now what's up with that? Yeah, it was a lot of fun! I'm also looking forward to next year's event!

OH! One more thing. Thanks Tom!! My Mag worked flawlessly that day and the level 10 pulled through once again! It's good not to worry about carrying a squeegee!!
    "I just came for your mayonaise." ~ TooDamnSweet
    My Buyer/Trader Feedback
    Paintball's Best Photo Gallery: Jayloo.com
    My Jayloo Photos

Originally posted by gibby
    Nice post! But you're such a brat! Never once has my post ever been made a "Classic"!! Now what's up with that? Yeah, it was a lot of fun! I'm also looking forward to next year's event!

OH! One more thing. Thanks Tom!! My Mag worked flawlessly that day and the level 10 pulled through once again! It's good not to worry about carrying a squeegee!!
    What?!! I'm a brat!!! Nah ah Shut Up!! Did you say I have to buzz you in? I have your keys remember, you have to be nice to me. LMBO!!

Hmm...I think I just happen to have two vid of you... Seeing as you live all the way in Hawaii I am not too scared. Besides, they are cute videos, one if of you and Load fighting and the other is you grabbing for my camera.

I also got a pic of you...

Ok now my side,

2DS sorry we couldn't chat more but I was working, you know how it goes. I rolled my eyes because I was so glad someone brought you up to meet me!

So 2DS comes on stage and I can see that she is paralized with fear. She can't talk and the crowd is chearing so I grab her by the shoulders and move her to the front. She is trying to back into me but I stand right behind her and block the way. JJ says something and the crowd goes wild while I lift her arms up in the air and waved to everyone (don't remember that do you Yvonnie).

So now she is almost completely unconsious when I drag her over to Shatner and tell him "I promised Vonnie that you would shake her hand". He says "Hi Yvonnie!" in that sexy low Shatner voice and she gets her handshake. I told her ok now go off that way and she wandered off stage.

I got a big kick out of it and I knew it was the thrill of her life. See 2DS, in the end only automags.org can give you the thrill of a lifetime!! Glad you could come and thanks for hanging with the PB folks here.

AGD

pennsylvania dental association(philadelphia)
    so maybe i missed this, but what marker set do u use 2DS?

ken

skateboard=me=8 years

good traders:grey goose, coffeynitro, langrage, bond1313, flipirit, rogue factor, kirby, banziamf, thelar, BTautomag, Littmag, thilbo, dirtybunny, thing, xadamx

R.I.P Zach Daly

Originally posted by AGD
    Ok now my side,

2DS sorry we couldn't chat more but I was working, you know how it goes. I rolled my eyes because I was so glad someone brought you up to meet me!

So 2DS comes on stage and I can see that she is paralized with fear. She can't talk and the crowd is chearing so I grab her by the shoulders and move her to the front. She is trying to back into me but I stand right behind her and block the way. JJ says something and the crowd goes wild while I lift her arms up in the air and waved to everyone (don't remember that do you Yvonnie).

So now she is almost completely unconsious when I drag her over to Shatner and tell him "I promised Vonnie that you would shake her hand". He says "Hi Yvonnie!" in that sexy low Shatner voice and she gets her handshake. I told her ok now go off that way and she wandered off stage.

I got a big kick out of it and I knew it was the thrill of her life. See 2DS, in the end only automags.org can give you the thrill of a lifetime!! Glad you could come and thanks for hanging with the PB folks here.

AGD
    That's right, you did lift my arms in the air....the whole thing is such a blur, I was so nervous, and I guess I didn't hide it very well. LOL When we talked earlier you did ask me if I had a chance to hang out with Mr. Shatner and you looked a little disappointed when I said no. Making sure I had the chance to meet him was really Kewl Tom!!! You Da Man!!!

That was definately the thrill of my life!!! so far.... Automags.org is responsible for me playing in Shatnerball and for me meeting Shatner the Supreme. Thanks to everyone who made this such a wonderful experience!!!

Musikman, I'm not in Hawaii yet...I can still get you. In fact, I think I still have your phone number somewhere, I'll give you a call when I'm down the street, just to give you a little head start. BTW, thank you so much for posting those beautiful pictures. You are such a sweetheart, but if the video surfaces, your a deadman.

dropkick1, I was originally gonna play with one of gibbys markers but it malfunctioned so I ended up using a rental. I'm getting a marker but I'm dense and don't know what kind it is. Sorry, I'm a newbie. LOL I think its an RTPro. If that didn't make sense please ignore everything that I just said.

Glad ya had fun Yvie!Drop me a line when ya can!Macedamia nuts coming my way?LOL.
    [Something Cool is Here]

I'm glad you had such a good time. Paintball is fun, isn't it? I seem to remember being in on helping convince you to play at the begining. Said something about my wife playing, blah, blah, blah. I want credit too!

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant

So are you still in Chicago? Oh, and there just might be a vid up here when I get home So get ready to fly to Pittsburgh.

Edit:

Oh, look who it is behind JJ and the wacky Brit...

Originally posted by hitech
    I'm glad you had such a good time. Paintball is fun, isn't it? I seem to remember being in on helping convince you to play at the begining. Said something about my wife playing, blah, blah, blah. I want credit too!
    Hey hitech, yup yup you sure did. I remember that! Thanks for getting me into the sport, I'm gonna do much damage. LOL JK

Mr. Kaye and Load talked to me on several occassions through PM to and email to get me to play, but they weren't the only ones who talked me into it. They just put a little more effort into it, probably because they had alterior motives...LMBO Just Kidding...

Hey Warped1, nice to hear from you!!! I'm not home yet but will send you an IM as soon as I get there. Your lei and macadamia nuts will be airborne in about a week.

Musikman, nope I'm not in Chicago, I'm not gonna tell you where I am, so be afraid, be very afraid!!! And will you please stop posting pictures of me!!! I didn't get any of you so that's not fair!!! Hmmmmmmm maybe I could write your name and phone number in the bathroom......for a good time call Musikman........

Cool Yvie!Hope to hear from ya soon!

personman Guest
    haha can you dig the leaves on that guys shirt?
    Also, I see something disturbing.. a guy on the far left of the stage with a gun with no barrel condom or plug.

Originally posted by TooDamnSweet
    Hey hitech, yup yup you sure did. I remember that! Thanks...
    Thanks, I feel much better now.

They just put a little more effort into it, probably because they had alterior motives...LMBO Just Kidding...
    I'm sure they did!

An hour's drive SW of Ft. Worth, Texas in the middle of nowhere
    Originally posted by personman
    haha can you dig the leaves on that guys shirt?
    Also, I see something disturbing.. a guy on the far left of the stage with a gun with no barrel condom or plug.
    Yes, and no air source, and no hopper. Would you people (no one in particular, not even the person I'm quoting) PLEASE stop bringing these "safety issues" up in photos?! We're not pointing out the ignored safety rules, we're pointing out people and things.

oh, and yes, the leaves were pretty funny. Even funnier if he had camoflauge paint or something. Woods play is fun.
    Own: stock '94 original Spyder, Used Nelspot 007, Phantom stock class

"Some of us thought you had gone insane. Verdict still pending on that one."
    -Vegeta, aimed at Tom Kaye

Mercury Musings to meself:
    If someone takes a paint-gun apart and modifies every scrap of it, does it matter what gun they had in the first place?
    No, it does not matter.
    Simplicity is proven over technological breakthrough.
    Too bad we can't smack sense into everyone. Why, think of how easy learning would be.
    Aiming is a good thing.

personman Guest
    You cant see from the distance of the pic..
    Is that a 3rd ear or a mushroom coming out the right side of his face?

Well im glad you had a good time to bad i didnt see you but ill be there next year so I will make sure to find you .
    Musikman, nope I'm not in Chicago, I'm not gonna tell you where I am, so be afraid, be very afraid!!! And will you please stop posting pictures of me!!! I didn't get any of you so that's not fair!!! Hmmmmmmm maybe I could write your name and phone number in the bathroom......for a good time call Musikman........
    LOL i know where you are your in.....

Musikmans BACKYARD

Or maybe your in California

Here's a good pic from the armored fist website for 2DS. Proof she was there next to the toupee'd one himself. Also nice because it's a good one of Tom and Manike, as well.

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

Hmmmm Bill seems to concentrating pretty hard with both his hands in his pockets.......

OK i swear Manike looks just like my Uncle both tall lanky and Gooffy and British strange....

Hey Trans, your warm...........LOL

Load, thanks for finding that picture!!! That is so kewl! I look like such a dork!! LOL

You're a trekkie, aren't ya?

TooDamnSweet,

Glad to finally meet you. ( i was the one Shatner shot in the chest and carrying only sydarms) Glad to see you had a great time. Hey write back and next time you are in chicago, we will have to give you a tour of the factory

Take care and keep in touch. Email is below.
    FOR DEALER INFORMATION, PLEASE EMAIL ME AT
    tech@airgun.com

"We came, We saw, We kicked its @$$!"
    Bill Murray -Ghostbusters -

"Who wanta some Wang???!!!"
    United Base Players An Online Gaming Community

Originally posted by AGDJon
    TooDamnSweet,

Glad to finally meet you. ( i was the one Shatner shot in the chest and carrying only sydarms) Glad to see you had a great time. Hey write back and next time you are in chicago, we will have to give you a tour of the factory

Take care and keep in touch. Email is below.
    Hey Jon,

I think you are the most memorable person I met even though it was only for 5 minutes. You had so much energy after that 8 hour game it was amazing. I was so exhausted it took everything I had to drag my butt around to say hi to everyone. And your titty story was hilarious! I'll send you an email later, I wanna know if you got your shirt signed.

You're a trekkie, aren't ya?

Ummmmmmm YEAH!!! And proud of it baby!!!

Hey TDS, you're everywhere! Here you are in a picture on yet another web site:

http://www.forceofnature.com/modules...&orderby=dateD

That is you in the blue, right?

Originally posted by hitech
    Hey TDS, you're everywhere! Here you are in a picture on yet another web site:

http://www.forceofnature.com/modules...&orderby=dateD

That is you in the blue, right?
    Yup Yup that's me!!! The only thing I'm famous for is being from Hawaii. WoooHooo!!! LOL Thanks for the link!! I'll post some of the pictures we took as soon as I get then scanned.

Here are some pictures of Mr. Shatner preparing for his para-motoring entrance..... Photo's are couteousy of John De Franco.
    http://community.webshots.com/album/49346911AyjPED.

Riotz Guest
    I'm getting a marker but I'm dense and don't know what kind it is. Sorry, I'm a newbie. LOL I think its an RTPro. If that didn't make sense please ignore everything that I just said.
    Ok so, you have a lettered jersey + a RT Pro and you never really played before? Am I missing something here?

Yeah, I think that your missing the fact that she came over here from WilliamShatner.com to stir up some smack talk, but then we tried to assimilate her (didn't quite work). She had played a few times in Hawaii before coming over for the Shatner game. After that, I am not sure how everything else happened (Lettered Jersey, RTPro, etc..)

Yeah TDS played paintball a couple times in Hawaii to prepare for us and the RTPro came from that TDS thread that got to an obscene amount of posts... Jersey? No idea.
    Quote of the year: "Reading blwos"

As little as 10 cents a day and you can buy my family out of slavery... Hurry before its too late!

Riotz Guest
    I said never REALLY played before. From what I understand she has played maybe once or twice.