Thread: HELP ME PLEASE! Centerflag Hyperframe bolt, sear chew

HELP ME PLEASE! Centerflag Hyperframe bolt, sear chew

Hi

I’ve got a Hyperframe on my 68 Automag. Stock bolt and valve. The first 15000 shots, no problem at all. Then the sear stopped holding the bolt and it started venting CO2 into the barrel. I had to push the bolt back in with a pen to stop the venting. I’ve checked the lip on the bolt where the sear catches it and it’s only got a bit of ware. The sear doesn’t look to bad ether but is a bit worn.

I’ve been told that it might need setting up. How? The manual said that all I need to do is slap it on. The only thing that can be adjusted is the solenoid.

Someone please help me!!

Thanks

Rowland

It sounds like normal bolt stick to me. Try a new Bolt spring or replace the power tube o- ring and see what happens. If you don't have a spring, I have had some success pulling the spring a little to return it to its original size. I have had a hyperframe for over 2 years and a 'mag for 6 years and if the wear on your sear is as minimal as you say, I don't think it is the frame.
    LMK how it turns out.

The gun is 1/8" of a game that is a FOOT long!
    (...but a 'mag helps)
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine. -Eddie Vedder
    Sinister Sainthood

That's a problem with some mags. I had the same problem with mines but it wasn't that bad. The pin that CF supplys with is sometimes too short. Call/email CF for a new pin.

pbzmag

You probably need a longer on/off pin. I had the same wear pattern and fixed it with a longer on/off pin. Regardless, you want to determine if the sear is engaging fully. To do this, remove the grip panels and the safety (be careful not to loose the spring or the TINY ball bearing). Gas up the marker and fire it a couple of times. See if you can manually move the solenoid plunger away from the sear "leg". You need to have a small gap between the sear leg and the solenoid plunger. If you do have a gap then try and move the sear leg (accessible through the safety hole). It should NOT move. If it does, the pin is not long enough.

Also, you should be using a RT style bumper (clear). They dampen bolt bounce better than the classic bumper (blue). The more the bolt bounces the more it will wear the sear.

Let us know.

Added: BTW, you can also use an RT pin. They come in various lengths.
    Last edited by hitech; 01-24-2003 at 01:45 PM.

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant

Thanks for your ideas people.

I’ve tried changing the o ring and putting a new spring in, no joy!

I’ll go through the test that hitech recommended at the weekend. Hopefully I’ll find out what the problem is then. I’ll post the results on Sunday!

Thanks for all your help

Rowland

Sorry that I didn't help. The longer on/off pin should work then. That seems to be the case with most HF probs. Call CF, they will probably send you one. The longer but better option would be to send it to them to fix. I had to do that once, and the turn around is very good. Good Luck!

Hyperframe

I don't profess to know anything about the hyperframe, but I've been doing my research on the subject for a few days now. According to what I have read from Centerflag support pages you might want to call them and get a long on/off Pin. Which I think was mentioned earlier.

With that said I would like to find out what you users of the hyperframe think about it. I'm really wanting one for my RT as I would like the ability to shoot short bursts of 3-5 balls.

Also If you could let me know where you bought it, and for how much..

Thanks

Talon

Get a Hyperframe. It turned my 68 Automag into a ball drinking monster! Oh and then buggered up my sear and bolt!!! But it is meant to be the best ELCD trigger frame for the Automag or so I’ve read.

I bought mine from eBay for £200 or $300 ish. I didn't save much from getting it from there but I saved enough. There’s one on eBay at the moment. Go get it, it'll make you dribble!!

just a thought...

If trying everything else fails (nicely articulated post hitech!)you might want to have a look at the white teflon orings in your on/off top (the part that comes out). I've seen it where a divot has worn in the oring causing intermitant (and impossible to find!) bolt stick problem. It acted like the on/off was too short, or sticking, but lubing it up only helped for a couple hundred shots or so. Steal one from a buddies gun and give it a try in yours (just dont forget to give it back! ). You might also want to confirm that the solinoid hasnt shifted in the grip frame itself-it's held in place by little set screws that have been know to get loose. If you try everything mentioned in this post, SOMETHING has to fix the problem right! Good luck! -pbgunrunner