Thread: Paintball 2Xtremes Acquires Crossfire Magazine

Talking Paintball 2Xtremes Acquires Crossfire Magazine

News Release
    Paintball 2Xtremes Acquires Crossfire Paintball Magazine

Paintball 2Xtremes Magazine has announced that it has acquired Crossfire Paintball Magazine from Digest Publications. The terms of the deal are not available.

"For those that have followed the growth of Paintball 2Xtremes since we (National Paintball Supply) acquired the magazine about three years ago, our plans are to grow and improve Crossfire Paintball Magazine in that same way," Paintball 2Xtremes' President, Gino Postorivo explained.

Starting with the April 2003 issue of Crossfire Paintball Magazine there will be an important editorial shift. "There is an obvious niche that has not been filled by any paintball magazine to date. Although many of the paintball magazines touch on the recreational side of paintball, none
    make it their total focus. We believe Crossfire Paintball Magazine would be best suited doing just that -- covering the overlooked scenario, rec-ball, and outback portions of the game. New products, outback games, tech articles, playing tips, big games, scenario games, backyard play, and other rec-ball subjects will be covered regularly in the new Crossfire Paintball Magazine," Postorivo continued.

Paintball 2Xtremes' executive editor, John Amodea said, "Having a second publication gives us great flexibility. Being able to dedicate an entire publication to the rec-ball community will fill a void that is, in reality, the largest segment of the sport. We look forward to serving the player and the industry in an even more focused way. Paintball 2Xtremes will continue to cover all aspects of the sport including the rec-ball side."

Both Paintball 2Xtremes Magazine (www.pb2x.com) and Crossfire Paintball Magazine(www.crossfiremag.com) are available at bookstores and paintball stores and fields worldwide, as well as by subscription at their respective websites.

For advertising and subscription questions please call 856-464-1068.

awsome! Great to hear guys!

Talking Thanks Kev!

We're all very excited about this opportunity. I pushed to make it "AO Magazine" at the meeting but they outvoted me. lol
    The bottom line is that the magazine is going to cover a segment of paintball that has been, for the most part, missed by the paintball publishing industry. This will give the entire editorial staff including myself a chance to include so many more real, retail-paying, grass-roots, "bread and butter" paintball players in the world of paintball magazines. That means more info, more coverage, more articles and, most importantly, more PICTURES for everyone!
    If anyone here has any suggestions or ideas about how we can best recreate this magazine within the guidelines noted in the above release, don't hesitate to say so.
    Josh

so does this mean nps will make crossfire like pb2x, or will they revamp it and make the articles better?
    and i say...OLE!!!

Cool congrats!

I'd say have a reoccuring safety article about stuff to watch for when playing backyard/outlaw ball.

Also, maybe articles on forming paintball clubs at school and others directed to parents.

Look forward to reading the new stuff man!

Talking Make it like PB2X!

I have subscribed to PB2X for around 9 months now. One of the sales reps in NPS sold it to me and I have no regrets!!

Make it like PB2X and you'll have at least 1 more subscriber!

PB2X

Whe I registered for the NPPL at World Cup they claimed I was signing up for PB2X also. I still haven't received my NPPL membership or my PB2X subscription. I tried to contact the NPPL but there are only 2 email addresses on their website and neither has answered me.

WANG Force!

Abandon All Hope

Talking Thanks Again Guys!

Otto: I don't understand what you mean. If you're asking if we're going to make another PB2X-like magazine with Crossfire, the answer is no. We're taking Crossfire in a completely different direction as the press release stated. If you're asking the same question everyone asked when PB2X was purchased by National, if National is going to make it a catalogue instead of a magazine, I think you'll see (just like everyone saw with PB2X) that the answer is clearly no, the editorial content will not be biased towards anyone.

ShooterJM--Great ideas, we plan on doing precisely what you suggest in addition to plenty of other great concepts and regular event coverage. Thanks!

Cyberious--While I did not personally handle the deal with the NPPL concerning subscriptions, I will speculate that the reason you haven't gotten your subscription from us is because they haven't gotten us your information. The minute they do, we'll get your magazines out to you. I'll contact the NPPL and see what they have to say about it.

Thanks again for all the feedback guys.

u pretty much andwered my question, i think i worded it very bad. thanks for the reply btw. its just now with national having 2 mags under their belt i was just thinking that they would be the exact same mag. now maybe i might actually pick up a crossfire.

personally i think its great that there will be a mag out there dedicated to the rec-ball player. more coverage of the games the vast majority of players really play will be great! there are a couple of big scenerio/big games in texas next month, come on down and bring your camera!!!

Washington... AKA 'Cocker Country... Come get Some!
    Crossfire stunk. It was just loaded full of ads. Lame. I hope you guys do something about that.

My Trading Feedback

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
    -Edmond Burke

So..Josh..what's a brotha gotta do to get a writing gig in this new mag...hahahahahha...

and for the record..I always thought Crossfire was ok..once the talent in the centerfold started to wane so did my interest!

The main thing i liked about crossfire, (really the only thing that comes to mind) was the action shots. If you guys keep good action shots in there I'm sure itll be great.

Team Sandbaggers.
    -We own j00 all.-

OMG!!!Josh has BE syndrome!!1 j/k. Congrats. Oh, and I STILL have the x-mag originally meant for you
    X-mag #10. Nuff said.

my feedback

Hey Cryer, the centerfolds weren't bad either...'specially the Capo one...

Yo Old Soldier...I'd prefer to think of it as National Paintball Supply syndrome but hey who's counting.
    I'm just glad someone deserving got ahold of the XMag dat was to be mah baby. I think it worked out for the best anyway; you got a great gun, I got a KILLING MACHINE (I mean WOW) and we're all happy.
    Course, now that I have two magazines instead of one...looks like my Killing Machine may get a break when the season gears up again. Looks to me like I have about thirty events to attend between February and October. Doesn't leave much time for mowing grass with my XMag (lucky for all my opponents mwah hah hah).
    As for Crossfire, there'll be plenty of great photography and coverage of events all over the place, we're just changing gears and direction with the magazine. If you're into tournaments, it won't be for you. Just get PB2X and you'll be fine.
    Josh

btw, Josh...are you going to be at the Super7 in two weeks and/or the Paintball Expo (or is Bea covering the Expo)...I should be at either one or both so if you want to meet and catch up or whatever..

Talking You Bet

I'll be at both the Super-7 and PSP events on the West coast, and if possible I'll slip away from the Super-7 to attend the Expo. Bea will definitely be at the Expo and Super-7 but I have every intention of keeping her busy when she's not playing.

Most definitely...and I'll be getting a little coverage myself for both events..get a little Cali flavor going on since the left coast gets no love..