Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun/Airsystem Maintenance.

Are we supposed to add oil to the two holes on the bottom?

I have read all the posts about oiling the gun. Why does my mag have two small holes on the bottom that say "oil" between them if we are only supposed to add oil through the ASA?

Thanks

Branko

Those "oil" holes just get a bit of oil on the piston and spring pack. In order to oil the reg. seat, on/off and powertube o-rings, you need to put oil in the ASA.

disgrunteled

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVCG
    This is a compolation of all of the Classic threads that deal with Gun/Airsystem maintenance. Post in this thread if you have questions about any of the topics discussed in these threads and they will be individually answered.
    what to three stars on the side of my 68 classic mean?
    -BlackVCG

RT Color Cutaway - Gun Animations

Regulator Seat - Good vs. Bad

RT Valve Disassembly

Flatline Maintenance

E-Mag Trigger Adjustment

ok, im haven a prob with my retro valve, it was workin fine, and then i cleaned it and put it and put it back together, and now it wont shoot! there is pressure behind the trigger when i gas it up, but it isnt shooting! i have had a similar prob before, when i first got this gun, but it he sear then, but i have replaced it since then. do you know what the prob is?

I need Help Im a newbie

I have a Tac One and it is working fine. The only problem is my Worr 3000 PSI tank leaks like crazy when i put it on and yes it does have a good o-ring. The weird thing is if you turn it in the exact right spot it will stop leaking or at least not as loud. What is the problem? I have a feeling the tank might be defective.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Death 105
    I have a Tac One and it is working fine. The only problem is my Worr 3000 PSI tank leaks like crazy when i put it on and yes it does have a good o-ring. The weird thing is if you turn it in the exact right spot it will stop leaking or at least not as loud. What is the problem? I have a feeling the tank might be defective.

I just bought a Tac One and the first day of field play I experienced the same thing. I kinda sorta thought it was an O'Ring issue and then realized that it was a new ASA hookup. Maybe I didn't screw the tank in all the way or the threads seemed to stop without sealing the bottle all the way in and I assumed it was fully seated. Either way, I did hear my air leaking and thought it was a rental gun when it was my own and turning the bottle inward caused the air to leak even more nd backing it off, sealed it. Of course it was a new o'ring and all and I didn't have a clue as to why it was leaking. I unscrewed the tank and reinserted it back into the valve and think that originally it wasn't fully seated all the way due to the new ASA adaper threads and non realizing that even though the tank seemed to stop screwing in, it still had a few more turns left to seal the o'ring. After lunch, I removed the tank and reinstalled it several times to assure myself that the tank was fully inserted into the ASA fitting. I think it was just a matter of breaking in and matching the new threads of my tank to the ASA threads to fully seat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drego
    I just bought a Tac One and the first day of field play I experienced the same thing. I kinda sorta thought it was an O'Ring issue and then realized that it was a new ASA hookup. Maybe I didn't screw the tank in all the way or the threads seemed to stop without sealing the bottle all the way in and I assumed it was fully seated. Either way, I did hear my air leaking and thought it was a rental gun when it was my own and turning the bottle inward caused the air to leak even more nd backing it off, sealed it. Of course it was a new o'ring and all and I didn't have a clue as to why it was leaking. I unscrewed the tank and reinserted it back into the valve and think that originally it wasn't fully seated all the way due to the new ASA adaper threads and non realizing that even though the tank seemed to stop screwing in, it still had a few more turns left to seal the o'ring. After lunch, I removed the tank and reinstalled it several times to assure myself that the tank was fully inserted into the ASA fitting. I think it was just a matter of breaking in and matching the new threads of my tank to the ASA threads to fully seat it.
    I replaced my factory installed ASA from Air Gun Designs and haven't had any problems since. I think the problem was with the new ASA adapter and even though I checked out the threads in it, couldn't find anything noticeable.

Best Double Trigger Grip

Ok, I have a very neglected Automag Classic which I am now wanting to bring back into play. I haven't played for some years now and I started out with a whole O-Ring/Spring kit to get her back to working condition. I was wanting to buy a good double trigger grip but not the AGD IntelliFrame, it is a little out of my price range. Any suggestions on a good grip with a double trigger would be great. Thanks!

Suggestions for a new tank?

I have a minimag that I bought used about 3 years ago. Just about the only thing stock still on it is the valve, but I'm planning on replacing it with an X valve soon. I used to run a preset pure energy 48 3000 tank, but it went and I need to buy a new tank. Any suggestions? Pressure output? Thanks.

Air questions

I have three different reg set-ups. A stock AM reg with L10 running fine on compressed air, A stock R/T L7 running on air, I think fine but I need a fill, and a stock AM L7, currently hooked to CO2. I'm having some trouble with the last reg, I replaced all of the o-rings and it's venting where the two halves come together pretty bad. I still have to replace the reg valve pin, reg seat, reg piston assy, and spring pack assy to have new internals. Does this sound like it will solve the problem?

Finally to the gas. I'm thinking about getting a fifty pound CO2 to do it at home. I know that everyone uses air, but the tanks run out so fast and the comperssers are expensive. Will the AM reg with L10 and/ or the R/T L7 work with CO2? Is there another gas that I should consider buying? There is a large Gas Supply Co. in my county, I should be able to get just about anything and I'm looking for recomendations ie: hospital grade air, nitrogen, etc. I want to price out the best thing to put through these guns. One feature that I like about CO2 is that you get a lot more shots per 20oz. I'm a big guy, I've considered a SCUBA tank remote on my back. I don't care too much about the weight but I really don't like the hoses getting in the way when I switch hands.

Thanks, Gabe.

P.S. Is there a gas that I can use that will shoot flames out the barrel and not blow up in my hands? Stupid question, I know, but it would be cool!!