Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air America Fred Schultz system info

Air America Fred Schultz system info

I have just got an old Air America Fred Schultz 3000 psi system retested and have played a few games with it. Massive improvement over Co2.

Just wonderin if any one else still uses a Fred Schultz and if so do they have a manual or any info on it?

Swamprat

You have a collectible piece of early Paintball Americana. There never was a manual. You should sell it on ebay.

AGD

It works great. I am running my Mag with LX at 650psi with a retested 1.1 SCI fibre wrap tank, with no shootdown at all. I put 600 rounds through it on Saturday without a single break. I reakon I could get about 1000 shots from this tank.

It works great, why would I want to sell it?????

Re: Air America Fred Schultz system info

Originally posted by swamprat33
    I have just got an old Air America Fred Schultz...
    I'm just curious, does anyone know who Fred Schultz is? Other than you Tom.

Also, did you purchase it because or in spite of his name being on it?

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant

Actually, I came across it by accident. A friend found some old paintball gear in his loft when he moved to a new house. I bought the lot!!
    I got 2 level 7 Mags with the Fred Schultz reg and bottle a Phantom pump, loads of hoppers, Co2 bottles, pods and clothing.
    I have sold the Phantom and the older Mag and kept the best mag and the Fred Schultz.

I have been told by Air America that it is a good reg, but have found no info about it.

Swamprat

Re: Re: Air America Fred Schultz system info

Originally posted by hitech

I'm just curious, does anyone know who Fred Schultz is? Other than you Tom.

Also, did you purchase it because or in spite of his name being on it?
    Captain of Constant Pursuit if I recall correctly (I must be old ) I have one of the systems too and the cradle...don't use it anymore but I never seem to sell any of my old kit phantoms, sterlings, mags, cockers and shockers

Not a clear pic and the cradle mentioned is in a draw somewhere

Washington... AKA 'Cocker Country... Come get Some!
    Whoaa.... funky.. that guy's cocker has a powerfeed, I think.

Is the fred-shultz n2 system like the n2 system Tom was using on that auto-response trigger scenerio paintball video? I thought it was funny how tom wore that tank like a scuba

My Trading Feedback

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
    -Edmond Burke

Here is a pic of mine. It is a 114ci 3000 psi, I bought it new in 1995 and I love it. it has 3 hydro tests on it and never let me down.
    Sad to say I just bought a emag so its time for a new 4500 flatline.

WOW that looks just like my AA Raptor 3000. I got it back in '93.

Re: Re: Re: Air America Fred Schultz system info

Originally posted by MarkM
    Captain of Constant Pursuit if I recall correctly (I must be old )...
    Yes he was, and yes you are! I played on Constant Pursuit with Fred. I'm just surprised when anyone knows who he is. I know Bob Long made a name for himself, but I didn't think that Fred ever did.

Yes i have one and still use it also. I down loaded a manual from the air america site. It did not come with a manual brand new in 1992.
    one case one kill

Originally posted by joeyjoe367
    Whoaa.... funky.. that guy's cocker has a powerfeed, I think.
    Yes it is a powerfeed but a bolt on part made by Armson, I never actually used the on/off feature, it was done 'cos at the time there weren't vertical feed cockers around plus I never had any feed issues 'cos of the amount of balls in the stack.

Yes he was, and yes you are!
    Cruel man, you agreed way too quick

I remember 'ole Mr. Fred, there was a video that he starred in, the video came with my first tigershark. I used to watch that thing all the time! I'm 15 now and I can't remember when i got that old thing.

Fred made a name for himself, but seems to have disapeared from the paintball scene over the past few years. I have met and played with Fred before and he is a great guy.

As to why you should sell it...so a collector like me can buy it I'd buy it in a heartbeat...also, remember, you probably only got about 4 years left in that tank.

here is fred shultz #12

here are some pics of fred shultz #12
    i don't have the original crappy cradle because it was traded in at one of the Chicago nppls way back when...

here is the newer cradle...

here is the reg notice the old burst disc/bolt thingy

here is old ghetto in her new glory swing trigger

i still preach the goodness of air america products; i should get a dealers license and sell the stuff around here.

if your looking for info it is just a tank mounted raptor tank form air america; it was the first name signature series paintball equipment.

if you go to Air America's website they will have inforamtion on the system. just look for the raptor air system manual.

As for who is Fred Shultz... he was the celebrity on the pro team Constant Pursuit back in the early nineties but then somehow Fred became more of a master of cerimonies in the paintball community.

Mind you this was back in the days when Dave Youngblood was shooting a nickel plate carter cocker and/or VM68. (This was before DYE barrels)the days when people used CO2 and the expansion chamber costed over 100 dollars... ah the whisper death expansion chamber....
    If you can find any of the old ESPN games Fred is one of the guys that does some of the comentary. ( i remember him shooting the tippmann FA for demonstration) He also was the guy that hosted a paintball challenge for MTV's show "Road Rules"

Washington... AKA 'Cocker Country... Come get Some!
    Wow the regulator for those tanks look like the back halves of 'mag valves.

yep it s the same thing as the back half of the automag classic valve

I will post some pix tonight.

I believe the tank has an origional 1996 hydro date on it.
    It has been in store for some time and I have just got it retested in 2003.

That means the tank was probably new in '93. Tanks have a 15 year life. After 15 years the tank can not be used and "should not" even pass hydro testing. So if was was new in '93 then come 2008 you have to trash the tank. You could have the reg put on a new tank at that time, but I would suggest not bothering

well since everybody here seems so interested I have a 68 3k Fred Shultz tank that I'd be willing to part with. If you're interested pm me.

hahhaa man sooo many of you guys havent been playing paintball long enough...

i think i still got my old 1-888-PAINTBALL catalog showing the debut of this nitro system...

btw, they might be "rare" these days but they are hardly a collectors item!!

Here is a pic of Fred on My LX Mag # CF11390. The Barrel is a 10" Dye Stainless and the Gas through is a Custom Products.

Sorry, here is the piccy...

Sorry, here is the piccy...

Originally posted by ReTroMagBoy
    hahhaa man sooo many of you guys havent been playing paintball long enough...

i think i still got my old 1-888-PAINTBALL catalog showing the debut of this nitro system...

btw, they might be "rare" these days but they are hardly a collectors item!!
    Hey some people collect the strangest things, 'cos they want to...don't burst their bubble. If the right offer was made mine could be sold too, but then as I don't use it anymore, plus it would be a first for me to actually sell something to do with paintball, have sold a couple of masks but that don't count

PS Swamp try clicking the attach box then we can see your pic

I was trying to attach file, but got errors. I will try once more...

I hope this will be the other pic....

i have a brass eagle video that fred hosted, and i am willing to sell it or trade it for something if anyone is interested in it... maybe this is a collectors item? hmm....
    my aim name- kinkbykes123