Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air America Fred Schultz system info

Actually, Swamprat, technically yours isn't a "Fred Schultz" system. It's a much more rare- as far as I know, UK only- removable-tank Air America system.

I forget the details, but as I recall, the UK had some odd rules about HPA systems way back then, and one of the workarounds was to redesign the system to take the removable tanks (like a Max Flow.)

Internally it's identical, but the back half is female-threaded for the tank, rather than male-thread to attach to the bottle directly.

I looked around for one for quite a while back then, but they were impossible to find.

There was another old UK air system back then as I recall- was it an early Govnair? The tank was just a tank, and hooked to a seperate regulator via a high-pressure airline. That was another I wanted just for the novelty of it, but somebody told me they were horridly inconsistent and troubleprone.

Doc.

lol I used to have one of those regs/cradles gave it away with the RT I sold.

Paul
    www.alphapaintball.co.uk
    UK Distributor for AKA
    All questions or queries
    mail me here

Improve your game Click here for PGI And WPG 2003

Originally posted by Doc Nickel

There was another old UK air system back then as I recall- was it an early Govnair? The tank was just a tank, and hooked to a seperate regulator via a high-pressure airline. That was another I wanted just for the novelty of it, but somebody told me they were horridly inconsistent and troubleprone.

Doc.
    No its not the Govnair you are thinking about the Daystate system...I know of a couple lying about.

Daystate, that's it. Only saw a couple of photos in the first few US issues of PGI back in '96.

If you can dig one up and 'donate' it to a worthy cause, I'd like to check it out, if just for the novelty of a first-gen HPA system.

Doc.

I'll make a few calls and get back to you, they actually were very very consistant, their problem stemmed from the weight of all of the components, all stainless steel and the bottle it came with was an ally tank with a minature scuba valve in it, all very robust but heavy. If I can get hold of the person I am thinking of they will have the entire kit.

Doc, rang the guy and yes he is willing to "donate" as long as the $ conversion is fair...let me know