Thread: Why don't any pro teams use mags?

Why don't any pro teams use mags?

It seems like half of the pros use autocockers and the other half uses a combanation of angles, inpulses, intimadators, and a couple other electroes. How come no one uses emags or the knew xmags? Why doesn't AGD bother to sponsor anyone if that is the problem?

It costs too much. They'd have to dump half their EMag sales or so just to sponsor a team.

Well why doesn't AGD stop being cheap then? If you think about it they already charge more than most companies for their products. That's why mags aren't very competative unless you get them used like mine
    All Black Automag
    Flat Black Blade Intelliframe
    72cu/4500psi Crossfire Nitro Tank
    10" Dye Ultralight
    12" Dye Ultralight
    12" All American
    14" Tear Drop
    Macroline hose kit
    KAPP Drop Zone II
    CP Mini Gas-thru
    EVLution II
    X-valve
    ULT

LOOKING TO SELL IT!

AGD is a farily small company also

Their products stand the test. Would you feel good buying a 3 year old autococker?? Hell no, but a 3 yr old mag, no sweat they are just as good as the new ones. AGD makes good products and stands by them. Thats why your used mag is reliable. Just think before you make a bashing post towards AGD.

Somehow, this doesn't seem tech oriented...

And yes- AGD doesn't make OVERPRICED items. They make competitively priced items. Think about what you get for the Emag- technically 2 guns in one. And the ReTro Valve? 26 BPS+ without shootdown. Fastest valve in paintball. PERIOD.

Gee. That sounds worth the price of admission to me.

Originally posted by Dayspring
    Somehow, this doesn't seem tech oriented...

And yes- AGD doesn't make OVERPRICED items. They make competitively priced items. Think about what you get for the Emag- technically 2 guns in one. And the ReTro Valve? 26 BPS+ without shootdown. Fastest valve in paintball. PERIOD.

very good points. but. like he said, we barely see any 'pros' use them. i think the emag is one of the best markers made. i'm sure a lot would agree.

which makes me think, if AGD sponsored some more teams. i think they'd get a tons.. tons more custormers. get more money. be able to do more researchs, and make somethign better for us all

Pro's use what their sponsors give them .. period... unless they're a "superstar" in the world and sometimes make their own rules..lol... AGD is a small company compared to a lot of these other companies which make a multitude of items.

When AGD has the time/funds to sponsor a pro team and some pro players you will see more AGD markers ....

It costs a lot of money to sponsor a pro team ...

Sincerely,
    Dave K
    Its a wakeup call for the Nintendo generation
    GregHastingsPaintball 3 is coming

Originally posted by Dayspring
    And the ReTro Valve? 26 BPS+ without shootdown. Fastest valve in paintball. PERIOD.

but think about this.. can you actually shoot that fast with a retro valve? i'd rather get 18 bps with shootdown rather than the bps i can shoot with my retro with no shootdown.

one guy uses a mag on aftershock, its pretty basic too

www.TeamNever.com

basic for an SFL....but basic...

Team Sandbaggers.
    -We own j00 all.-

nope, no sfl, just a normal machanical mag(not counting machanical mode on emag), ill try to find a pic

That makes NO sense. You have the ability to shoot at 26bps+ AND have no shootdown. That 18BPS limit is IN the 26bps limit. AND no shootdown...

Originally posted by EsPo

but think about this.. can you actually shoot that fast with a retro valve? i'd rather get 18 bps with shootdown rather than the bps i can shoot with my retro with no shootdown.

Many also has an SFL Emag and now has a Mega Modified ULE Emag as Well as his old standby ReTro Valve Classic.

-Robert
    Serving AGD customers since 93, wishing I could beat some common since into some of them about 5 hrs later.

Manny's old stand by got a X-Valve. I watched it happen. Perhaps he took it out..??

if you look at it closley, it all comes down to the money issue....look in the first couple of posts it says something like, they would have to spend half of there e-mag money to sponsor a team.
    AO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle :Raphael

my feedback thread

I see this often in just about ANY hobby or sport I have gotten serious with.

"Why don't some of these teams use AGD products?"

-hype
    -they are paid or sponsored by other companies to use what they are told to use. That is part of the deal with sponsoring.

AGD isn't about hype, even though a lot of hype and mythology surround the automag. I think with the introduction of the Lvl 10, if you don't want to shoot a mag then you have serious problems. What people think of a marker doesn't make the marker. A lot of the hype and mythology I was talking about stems from ignorance.

Here is an example:
    One morning out at the local field I had just bought an old RT. I was having problems getting the barrel in and out. Somebody had that screw tightened way down! A few kids were observing me struggling with the barrel. They decided to make the comment that "they hated Automag barrels". I can tell you right now that I can get my barrel on and off the fastest on and off the field just because I was educated and knew that the tightness on the barrel could be adjusted.

Why would AGD have to dump half of their E-mag sales to sponsor a team?
    Auto mag 'em, bodybag 'em
    Me and Keely Watson at MGO 2001

they wouldnt have to, but thats what i think someone said in one of the posts that are up a few from mine in the thread....and true uneducated people suck..

Originally posted by SuperBeast

Why would AGD have to dump half of their E-mag sales to sponsor a team?
    Because that is about how much it would cost to sponsor a team. AGD is a small company. Heck, even the president can only afford denim shirts.

A lot of people seem to say that AGD is a small company and therefore unable to sponsor. Ok, that makes sense, but then how come a couble teams use the intimadator when the only thing Bob Long makes are two kinds of markers? It just seems that since AGD has been around so long, (and the fact that mags are awsome) that by now they would be big enough to support a couple of teams here and there.

9-10 years ago the majority of pro teams played with Mags. Lookinh back at copies of PGI from 93/94 it's like one huge Automag advert.

Fashions change though. Despite being a mechanical marvel, the mag is pretty hard to personalise. There was a gradual shift to cockers by people who wanted fancy anodising and milled bodies.

Then the RT came out and although it was an awesome piece of design I think it was slightly over-engineered and was too quick for the feed systems around at the time and had a reputation for chopping balls, which meant it never enjoyed the same level of popularity as the Mag.

Then electros arrived and mechanical markers were viewed as being obsolete, which hurt RT sales even more.

The E-Mag arrived after a lot of other electros, so was playing catchup (plus it still had a reputation for chopping) - and it wasn't exactly cheap due to the high quality materials used.....oh and plus people had got used to lighter alu markers, so many found it a bit heavy.

I'd expect things to change with the X-Mag though - as they've solved most of the problems (except maybe price) which people had with the RT/E-Mag......provided they can ramp up production sufficiently to actually get some markers onto the circuit. Then we'll let word of mouth do it's thing and watch sales take off.

pro markers

i think it all comes down to a few things.
    #1. angels cockers and intimidators all have those big companies looking for people to where their clothes.
    #2. in tourys and what not, people shoot alot. fast.. they spray. they shoot off 37 balls just to get someone in the foot or leg. thats not talent.. thats having money to buy paint.
    #3. umm, also, some people feel that the automag markers are too small, not alot of people like them.

I recently found out that 7/15 of the top players in skyball were shooting mags and the AGD Kids won. Their celebrating over there in the paintball forum. Well, it sure seems like the mag can keep up with other markers on the tournement circut, (wich we all knew anyway) and good things seem to come from those rare instances when AGD sponsors somebody. Now I just want to see this happen more often. Oh, and how can AGD be a small company. For crying out loud they have been here longer then just about anyother and mags are sold all the time. The seiral # of my 68 mag is almost 64,000!

Re: pro markers

Originally posted by psycoclown414
    #2. in tourys and what not, people shoot alot. fast.. they spray. they shoot off 37 balls just to get someone in the foot or leg. thats not talent.. thats having money to buy paint.
    Some one sounds jelous(sp) of those that have $$$ to blow on paint