Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1796

Thread: Wisconsin Players List

Quote Originally Posted by Deathss
    From the Email I got back from them, they seem like nice guys. I inquired about bringing back Ghillie suits, paint prices and member prices. They are all for bringing back the Ghillies as long as their insurance company ok's it. No word on prices or actually opening date. I had to send an email through here as all the other email addresses posted on their site don't work.
    As Long as they use someone Different Than Sams Did.The Insurance was the reason Sams Stopped allowing them.That and *Fred* lit himself on fire With a Cigarette (OR SOMETHING)

Freds A Cool Guy Though.

Tony
    Last edited by AnthonyDStone; 05-16-2009 at 12:45 PM.
    Stony undefined

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDStone
    As Long as they use someone Different Than Sams Did.The Insurance was the reason Sams Stopped allowing them.That and Moron lit himself on fire.

Tony
    Yes Fred lit himself up while smoking. The one day I didn't show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathss
    Yes Fred lit himself up while smoking. The one day I didn't show up.
    i also missed this... glad he was ok...

the new owners will be at breakaway paintball today. they sent an email to jason. hes going down there to check it out and maybe interview for refing job.

make sure Jason gives us details! like hopefully they at least put some gravel into some of those damn potholes.
    t33kyboy "So if a cat is dropped from 11 inches, it will most likely die."

Awesome Let Us Know what Happens!

Tony

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post59006203

for anyone interested in returning as Ref's for Breakaway Paintball

This is Mark from Breakaway Paintball. If anyone has questions about the field please ask and I will try to answer. We would love to hire back some of the refs from Sams. The only problem is that I know business will start out slow and until we can get a decent crowd out there we won't need a lot of refs. If there is anyone interested in working that has not spoken to me yet please call or email. 262-918-0080 and sales@breakawaypaintball.com.

Deathss - I do not have an answer on the Ghille suits yet. It will be field paint only. Prices and opening day will be posted on the website soon.

trevorjk - thanks for posting that link. The road was leveled out but it still needs some gravel. It is better but not how I would like it.

I will call Fireman Fred on Thursday and give him your number Mark. I know hes close to field and it made him sad that the field was closing. He also might be able to help with your driveway problem.

Hey mark tidbit of info! i know a few of us stopped going to sams because of broken shocks or struts (no joke) anyways i tossed you guys an add on myspace. (Paintball Sallys) from the sounds of it, we would more then willing to push people towards you guys to play! we have had hundreds ask us this winter and spring about where to play. if you fix the driveway (which you have stated its better and you probably plan to make it better) and fix some of the irrigation ditches to solve just some of the flooding we would be very happy to send people your way.

also, any plans on big games? bar wars? ect ect?

and also, it was Tony (Anthony D Stone) and I who fixed up the field to the best of our abilities (with what Nikki allowed) the last year and a half so if you need ANY help with the fields, we have people that want to help!

Storminnorman - Thank you. If he can help that would be great.

trevorjk - Thanks for the Myspace ad. If I get time I am going to stop in Paintball Sally's to say hi.

When the road was first fixed in April is was great. Then it rained and rained and rained and after many drives down it, several holes began to form. Now we know where it needs additional attention and I am currently looking for gravel. The road is very driveable but you still have to avoid certain spots.

Which irrigation ditches are you talking about? I only know of one that really needs work and that is the pallet bridge as you head to the near fort.

I would love to bring back the big games. Maybe this fall? Bar wars - I will have to see how many are interested. I heard it died off the last few years.

We should be there this Saturday and maybe Sunday morning if anyone wants to stop and say hi or just see what's up. Anyone wanting to help with the fields please let me know.

We are open to suggestions, comments, and complaints. I don't know if this forum is the best place for this so if I am out of line let me know.

Anyone want the green mobile home? If you can haul it away it's yours!

Quote Originally Posted by BreakawayPaintball
    Anyone want the green mobile home? If you can haul it away it's yours!
    there are some memories in that mobile home. thats for sure.
    about the flooding problem. from what i heard there was a drain for the pond thats on the north side of the nic field. over the years the beavers damed up the tube that drained the pond into the creek that runs along the property line on the west side. with no where for the water to go it flooded nic BAD. thats while its under water 3/4 of the year. find a way to drain the pond and nic is worth rebuilding and playing on. my 2 cents

there is an irrigation ditch/stream that ran from the run off water from the swamp at the end of where the hyperball use to be. (i believe its the north side, went hyper ball field, mogul area where the piles of rocks and bricks, to the swamp) over the last few years it washed down the walls in the old barrel fort area and proceeded to flood most of that area all the way up into the hyperball field. anyways this ditch/stream ran from the swamp, around barrel fort, down the side barrel field to the swamp before it ran off into the pond. went it was in great condition (the ditch/stream) it took most of the water out of those areas which would actually let you play back there.

other then that, the only spots where water is a problem is around the forts where the foxholes and ditches are where people can bunker in. we tried digging out one end of each of all those holes and ditches so that the water could drain out. however they still slightly fill in.

and incase you havent noticed, there is a beaver damn that is causing the river to back up into the swamp area along side Nic. blow that up and that should solve some of the water issues back there. however since its been flooded the last 2 years it had took alot of soil out of there. so you would probably be better off moving nic up more onto the ridge line and putting in some long days on the old bear pit. that area of land up there is prime for a very nice wooded field especially since most of it is up on the hills where it wont be flooded for a long long time.

just my 2 cents, from working on the field the last 2 years

also, did you get all the tools from Nikki? i had an amazing machete that someone either took or went missing. so if you got all the tools and there happens to be a very nice WWII machete let me know

Someone Stole your machete Trev,I Went to get my tools and your machete and It was nowhere to be found and noone knew where it went.On The bright side,I've got a TON Of nails To Bring!Other than that,everything was taken to Nikki's.

Mark-If you Want I Could Come up One Sunday and Show you all the Places Everyone is Discussing AND BRING YOU THESE NAILS .If you REALLY Want to rebuild Nicaragua(And RE-Name It )I Would do it Further Back.Skip right past all the Old wet Huts and Run a tape Line.Then we can start building fresh on Dry soil and Tear down all The Old Stuff!I'd Also LOVE TO Dig a Foxhole on top of Each hill and build a little firebase for each teams Flag Station.Then the game would be hill to hill with a Town In the Middle,and Two Very Fun Bases!

LMK If there's anything I Can do to help!

Tony
    www.myspace.com/tonystwists

Trump tower FTW!

Anyone go to "sams" this weekend to check it out?

Sorry for being away too long. I am not used to running two businesses now so it has been "interesting". I appreciate all of the suggestions. I think I found the spot everyone has been talking about to solve the water problem on Nic. We are looking into solving that shortly.

the1antichrist - with all those memories are you sure you don't want to take it home? Everything inside is included at no extra charge!

trevorjk - The only tools left up there were a few metal rakes. I did not see any machete and I did not get anything from Nikki. I did not look in every corner of the trailer. Feel free to come up and look if you want. I would hate to have it and not know. I have looked at the drainage problem on the east side between the old hyperball and barrel field and it is confusing. A lot has dried up in the last few weeks. I am more concerned with the bid pond near Nicaragua right now.

AnthonyDStone - Thanks for the offer on the help and nails. I am no carpenter but I think we are going to use screws as much as possible. Let me know when you can come up to show me your ideas for Nicaragua. This weekend might be a bad weekend but let me know what is good.

Also, we are offering free entry and all day air to the first 40 people who email us at sales@breakawaypaintball.com just in case anyone wants to play this Saturday.

October APG

Did anyone see the Piece about me in APG??There's Also One about Little Brother From Badger Brigades!

Check 'em Out in The OCT.09 APG!

Tony

Played At Breakaway Paintball Today(Paint Ball Sams Old Location)!Fields Look Nice,The Road Is PERFECT and They are ever improving!If you've not checked it out Yet,You need to!
    I Had More Fun than I have in a While!Thanks Mark!

Tony

Played At Breakaway Paintball Today(Paint Ball Sams Old Location)!Fields Look Nice,The Road Is PERFECT and They are ever improving!If you've not checked it out Yet,You need to!
    I Had More Fun than I have in a While!Thanks Mark!

Tony
    Yeah, i got to ref for you, and today keith, the one guy that always wore the ghille suit, came by, a lot of the old regulars are finding out that the field's open again and the fields are getting a lot better. If you haven't been to the field in a while or thought they were closed you should check it out.

I am new on here but used to spend every weekend at Sam's back in 94'/ 95'. I have been slowly getting back into paintball over the last couple of year and now that my son is old enough to play i will be having more weekends bonding on the field. It looks as if Breakaway has a good thing started here and I would love to see The Big Game's come baack on a improved field. I will be attempting to get down there in the next couple of weeks to play too. I am also happy to see Marblizer will be your feild paint (best paint on the market!).

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by 2superblus
    I am new on here but used to spend every weekend at Sam's back in 94'/ 95'. I have been slowly getting back into paintball over the last couple of year and now that my son is old enough to play i will be having more weekends bonding on the field. It looks as if Breakaway has a good thing started here and I would love to see The Big Game's come baack on a improved field. I will be attempting to get down there in the next couple of weeks to play too. I am also happy to see Marblizer will be your feild paint (best paint on the market!).

Bart
    Yeah when i played there before i got hired/rehired/whatever i was surprised at how much better the fields were, and as far as a big game i think where mark is right now is he's going to try for one in the fall but no promises, so don't take my word for it until you hear the official word that there is going to be one.

EDIT: I just shot the paint i have left from when i played and it's the nightmare, and it lives up to it's name, the shots were all over. With the marballizer there were a few here and there off target but by comparison it's worth the ten dollars extra.
    Last edited by snoopay700; 08-03-2009 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopay700
    Yeah when i played there before i got hired/rehired/whatever i was surprised at how much better the fields were, and as far as a big game i think where mark is right now is he's going to try for one in the fall but no promises, so don't take my word for it until you hear the official word that there is going to be one.

EDIT: I just shot the paint i have left from when i played and it's the nightmare, and it lives up to it's name, the shots were all over. With the marballizer there were a few here and there off target but by comparison it's worth the ten dollars extra.

I remember when all Big Games shot marballizer and people were parked down to the end of the driveway almost. I went to a Big Game 2 years ago in spring and was shocked how degraded the fields had become. Everything was so overgrown that you couldn't get a clean shot off hardly anywhere. It was quite a shock. The field has so much potential hopefully they can get a weekend where people can volunteer to help brush out areas or use a brush hog or dozer to reclaim some of the lost field space. I am looking forward to checking it out again.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by 2superblus
    I remember when all Big Games shot marballizer and people were parked down to the end of the driveway almost. I went to a Big Game 2 years ago in spring and was shocked how degraded the fields had become. Everything was so overgrown that you couldn't get a clean shot off hardly anywhere. It was quite a shock. The field has so much potential hopefully they can get a weekend where people can volunteer to help brush out areas or use a brush hog or dozer to reclaim some of the lost field space. I am looking forward to checking it out again.

Bart
    Well that's the plan, already they've cut a lot of the stuff back, it's not like it used to be back 5 years ago when i first played there and first got into paintball, because they still kept up the fields somewhat then, but then again they have like 2 or 3 years of neglect to make up for, but i'm happy to report they've started, i'm i'm going to talk to him to see if there's anything major i can help out with during the week before i go back to school. But yeah, i hope to see you out there soon, i think you'll be pleased with what has been done to the fields so far, although nic is a lot smaller because all of the huts that have fallen down/are falling down have been roped off, but stoneywood/deadwood is usable again and so is double ridge.

Yeah when I get out there I will be bring my kid with his Automag and I will probably Run the RT Classic I just picked up (I have an sp-8 also but missed my mini-mags weight so I searched for a RT).

Eventually...

I'll Get some Time and Go Up and Do Some Work.I'd Love to Finish Making Bear Pit into It's Former self!Barrel Field Could Use some Brush Clearance as Could Near(Red) Fort.The Fields Are Looking Much Better already,The Flag Stations Could Use a Clean-up.Campground Needs to Be Made Slightly Smaller and More Speedball Like.Shot's From One Corner or Side to another is Basically impossible,and the grass makes it too much of a hide and seek type of a game.I'd Like to see a Degree of mirroring and a Better Snake and such.I'll get to it in a Couple Few Weeks(After the 21-22nd,Frendly Fest in Union grove).Can't Wait!

Tony

I'll Get some Time and Go Up and Do Some Work.I'd Love to Finish Making Bear Pit into It's Former self!Barrel Field Could Use some Brush Clearance as Could Near(Red) Fort.The Fields Are Looking Much Better already,The Flag Stations Could Use a Clean-up.Campground Needs to Be Made Slightly Smaller and More Speedball Like.Shot's From One Corner or Side to another is Basically impossible,and the grass makes it too much of a hide and seek type of a game.I'd Like to see a Degree of mirroring and a Better Snake and such.I'll get to it in a Couple Few Weeks(After the 21-22nd,Frendly Fest in Union grove).Can't Wait!

Tony
    Yeah there's definitely a lot of brush clearance that needs to happen, and as far as campground that's gonna be cut down, but mark's been having trouble with his heavy duty mower, and after taking a look at it it seems like the belt might have stretched, and mike brought up a broken strap from something. But yeah, near fort really needs some brush clearance and to have the old trails fixed, i mean like how it was 3 years ago, or even better than that, but i played there and got lost until i actually squatted down and realized exactly where i was. I can't speak for bear pit because i haven't been there in years, i don't even remember what the field looks like, though i probably would if i saw it.

Nice to see that 'Sams' is back open, myself and a friend will be up the weekend of the 16th to check it out! I'll be the guy with the warp left minimag, he'll be the newb renting a gun!

See some of you guys there hopefully, real happy to see this field is getting fixed up!
    Superbolt

Quote Originally Posted by Shirow
    Nice to see that 'Sams' is back open, myself and a friend will be up the weekend of the 16th to check it out! I'll be the guy with the warp left minimag, he'll be the newb renting a gun!

See some of you guys there hopefully, real happy to see this field is getting fixed up!
    I'll look for you, i'll be the ref with the olive mask.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopay700
    I'll look for you, i'll be the ref with the olive mask.
    Cool, I have an old dye mask (probably 5-6 years old) with a slightly bent visor

smoke warp, heat-gunned revy on top to get it in tight against the hose

posting a pic of myself would probably be easier eh.. I don't have one though. I'll be wearing some camo paintball pants and a camo paintball jersey