Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1796

Thread: Wisconsin Players List

Quote Originally Posted by Shirow
    Cool, I have an old dye mask (probably 5-6 years old) with a slightly bent visor

smoke warp, heat-gunned revy on top to get it in tight against the hose

posting a pic of myself would probably be easier eh.. I don't have one though. I'll be wearing some camo paintball pants and a camo paintball jersey
    Eh you have a warped mag, that's enough haha, i've only seen one guy bring one so far and his RT wasn't up and running so he ran his classic with a normal hopper. I was actually pretty excited though, two guys with mags came to the field last sunday, and we haven't had too many regular mag players since the place was paintball sam's. Seeing as the field is tom's home field i'm hoping we'll start seeing even more again.

Cool, I think we will come by on Saturday the 15th but I'll post if that changes.

I think I last went to Sam's about.. 2 years ago? Maybe 3? I recall a LOT of people asking me 'wtf is that?' looking at my warp feed. Was a fun day though, I was blasting away on center fort and some kid next to me said 'is that an Emag? It shoots pretty fast' I said 'nope..' he says 'holy <expletive>..'

Was pretty nice, since most people tended to ask 'why do you still shoot a mag?'

Anyway, I haven't gassed it up in years so I hope it still works

I have a lot of good memories of my first few games at Sams - I remember when I first got into the game, I was trying to figure out what gun to play and I was going to buy a Tippman. I was talking to one of the guys at Sams and he said, no, get an automag! I went and read about 'em a bit and bought a classic off ebay for about $150.

Well, I loved that thing and the only original part left on it is the rail I used to buy all my stuff from Steve, does he still come to the field?
    Superbolt

Cool, I think we will come by on Saturday the 15th but I'll post if that changes.

I think I last went to Sam's about.. 2 years ago? Maybe 3? I recall a LOT of people asking me 'wtf is that?' looking at my warp feed. Was a fun day though, I was blasting away on center fort and some kid next to me said 'is that an Emag? It shoots pretty fast' I said 'nope..' he says 'holy <expletive>..'

Was pretty nice, since most people tended to ask 'why do you still shoot a mag?'

Anyway, I haven't gassed it up in years so I hope it still works

I have a lot of good memories of my first few games at Sams - I remember when I first got into the game, I was trying to figure out what gun to play and I was going to buy a Tippman. I was talking to one of the guys at Sams and he said, no, get an automag! I went and read about 'em a bit and bought a classic off ebay for about $150.

Well, I loved that thing and the only original part left on it is the rail I used to buy all my stuff from Steve, does he still come to the field?
    Nah, Steve left with matt and nikki, but mark, the guy who owns the field now, he has a shop in Illinois, i'm pretty sure the site is discountpaintball.com. I'm fairly certain he doesn't carry any mag stuff though, which is understandable with how tom is retired and all.

But yeah, if you can't air up your gun till you get to the field then make sure you put some oil in the asa to make sure it's lubed up and then dryfire it without the barrel in the chrono area, but if it is leaking i can't legally work on it because the field's insurance doesn't cover it but i can advise you on what to do if you need any help.

And yeah, we never got too many warped mags, but we still got a fair share of them when it was sam's, probably one of the few fields that saw them fairly regularly from different people even last year.

But yeah, if i could afford an e or xmag i would definitely use that, especially in a tourney, because my classic rt isn't exactly legal anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopay700
    Nah, Steve left with matt and nikki, but mark, the guy who owns the field now, he has a shop in Illinois, i'm pretty sure the site is discountpaintball.com. I'm fairly certain he doesn't carry any mag stuff though, which is understandable with how tom is retired and all.

But yeah, if you can't air up your gun till you get to the field then make sure you put some oil in the asa to make sure it's lubed up and then dryfire it without the barrel in the chrono area, but if it is leaking i can't legally work on it because the field's insurance doesn't cover it but i can advise you on what to do if you need any help.

And yeah, we never got too many warped mags, but we still got a fair share of them when it was sam's, probably one of the few fields that saw them fairly regularly from different people even last year.

But yeah, if i could afford an e or xmag i would definitely use that, especially in a tourney, because my classic rt isn't exactly legal anymore.
    That sucks, Steve cut me some good deals and helped me out a lot.. ah well. Is he setup somewhere else or is he just out of the paintball game now?

Thanks for the offer, I am hoping it will be OK - I've kept it dry and I took it apart, cleaned it up and everything still seems OK but you never know until you try it..

Hopefully my tank comes back from hydro quickly, I sent it to hydrotester.com a couple of days ago and they say 24 hr turnaround so we'll see. My biggest worry is the flatline reg on it, I don't have any spare parts so if it's bad.. eek!

That sucks, Steve cut me some good deals and helped me out a lot.. ah well. Is he setup somewhere else or is he just out of the paintball game now?

Thanks for the offer, I am hoping it will be OK - I've kept it dry and I took it apart, cleaned it up and everything still seems OK but you never know until you try it..

Hopefully my tank comes back from hydro quickly, I sent it to hydrotester.com a couple of days ago and they say 24 hr turnaround so we'll see. My biggest worry is the flatline reg on it, I don't have any spare parts so if it's bad.. eek!
    Yeah, i have no experience with those regs haha, but i think they have a lot of the same parts as a classic valve as far as o-rings, unless i'm remembering wrong, so if the parts are the same you can get a set from actionvillage or airgun.com probably just in case.

But yeah, about steve, i honestly don't even know, i haven't talked to anyone that worked at sam's since the big game in october when i was working, i didn't even find out from them that they were going out of business, i had to find out on here, so i'm less than happy about that. Oh, i forgot Harry, the old ref, he's reffing here again, and the only ones that might possibly come back are tony (anthonydstone on here) in the fall, depending on how free he is due to his tie dye business he said, and mark told me the twins have a lot of stuff going on right now, but the possibility is still there maybe? i don't know, haven't talked to them since october either, but i hope they come back to ref.

Other than that it's all new people working there, other than me and sam, we worked there last summer though so unless you met us while you were playing there you probably don't know us, but the whole field of the field is familiar yet improved i would say. I also am hoping that eventually mark gets a plan where insurance will cover working on markers cause i love teching markers.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopay700
    Yeah, i have no experience with those regs haha, but i think they have a lot of the same parts as a classic valve as far as o-rings, unless i'm remembering wrong, so if the parts are the same you can get a set from actionvillage or airgun.com probably just in case.

But yeah, about steve, i honestly don't even know, i haven't talked to anyone that worked at sam's since the big game in october when i was working, i didn't even find out from them that they were going out of business, i had to find out on here, so i'm less than happy about that. Oh, i forgot Harry, the old ref, he's reffing here again, and the only ones that might possibly come back are tony (anthonydstone on here) in the fall, depending on how free he is due to his tie dye business he said, and mark told me the twins have a lot of stuff going on right now, but the possibility is still there maybe? i don't know, haven't talked to them since october either, but i hope they come back to ref.

Other than that it's all new people working there, other than me and sam, we worked there last summer though so unless you met us while you were playing there you probably don't know us, but the whole field of the field is familiar yet improved i would say. I also am hoping that eventually mark gets a plan where insurance will cover working on markers cause i love teching markers.
    Cool stuff. Well, I'll see how it goes I guess, hopefully I will just gas her up and be good to go. Looking forward to laying some paint down again, it's been a long *** time so hopefully there are a lot of newbies there so I don't feel too bad

Snoopy, guns are fun to tech, but when your good at just about all of them and people recognize you... you will find your self teching more then playing

also, Steve i believe is out of paintball. im pretty sure he sold most of his stuff off to local guys at discout prices.
    t33kyboy "So if a cat is dropped from 11 inches, it will most likely die."

Quote Originally Posted by trevorjk
    Snoopy, guns are fun to tech, but when your good at just about all of them and people recognize you... you will find your self teching more then playing

also, Steve i believe is out of paintball. im pretty sure he sold most of his stuff off to local guys at discout prices.
    Yeah you have a point there, but then again i would probably ask them what was wrong tell them what to fix quickly and say if that doesn't fix it take it to mark because i want to play and i'm off the clock. Although i already am the designated repairman among my friends. I dunno, i doubt it's something i'll have to worry about though because i doubt he'll get the insurance needed.

Aww man, Steve was awesome, that sucks. Sigh. Guess I will have to start buying junk online

BTW, here is a pic of my gun for reference

https://automags.org/forums/showpost....postcount=2502

I'll watch for the viperblade. Nice mag by the way, i'm a little green with envy.

Heh, I sunk enough $ into that thing over the years... I'm already feeling the itch to build a pneumag again =p

Shirow, you can't even shoot that thing with out an ASA

also, check out Paintball Sally's! we will hook you up with anything you need for the cheapest prices a store can actually sell ($3-5) over internet price.

Shamefull Advertisement

South East Wisconsin's Premier Paintball Pro Shop

Paintball Sally's
    25614 75th St
    Salem, Wisconsin 53168
    262-843-2747

Paintball Sally's Myspace Page! ADD US!

Paintball Sally's Face Book Fan Page!

Shirow, you can't even shoot that thing with out an ASA

also, check out Paintball Sally's! we will hook you up with anything you need for the cheapest prices a store can actually sell ($3-5) over internet price.

Shamefull Advertisement
    I got a flatline, I don't need no stinking ASA!

I'll check you guys out =p

Aww man, Steve was awesome, that sucks. Sigh. Guess I will have to start buying junk online
    He did but he has a ton of crap left over and he is letting guns and masks go cheap out of a hotel or something I believe. I'd get in contact with him, you can get masks and crap cheap from him.

You got any contact info for him?

You got any contact info for him?
    I can get you it if need be, you will just have to wait til after the weekend.

no big deal, just thought it's worth checking into

So, I'll be there on the 15th with a friend, he'll be playing with a rental, I'll bring my mag. Probably show up in black WRX or my friends VW (passat, I think.)

Hope to see some other maggers there!

anyone know if the new place will be open between the 15th and 30th of October, that's when i expect to be in WI and my new Nurv Cyborg needs to be shot last time i tryed to do this before i left, the nly weekend i was there sams was sposed to be open, but was closed

I hope so, but they don't seem to have a schedule on their site

Quote Originally Posted by rifleman wi
    anyone know if the new place will be open between the 15th and 30th of October, that's when i expect to be in WI and my new Nurv Cyborg needs to be shot last time i tryed to do this before i left, the nly weekend i was there sams was sposed to be open, but was closed
    As far as i know we should be open.

Nice to see people still posting on these forums Crazy to drop in here after leaving the sport for years and seeing the changes in the area...

Just dropping in after a few years to say hi to those that I know that may still be lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by LaW
    Nice to see people still posting on these forums Crazy to drop in here after leaving the sport for years and seeing the changes in the area...

Just dropping in after a few years to say hi to those that I know that may still be lurking.
    holy crap, your still alive.. whats up man?

no kidding! i thought we lost him forever to disk golf

no kidding! i thought we lost him forever to disk golf
    i still really miss that SFL.. good thing i still have that video i made

Breakaway is pretty cool, if you guys haven't had a chance to get down there yet. Nicuragua is a bit too small now I think but the barrel field and near fort are both really good. Staff was cool too!

I played at campground last week Sunday, it looks way better where its setup now then when it was at Sam's.

Breakaway is pretty cool, if you guys haven't had a chance to get down there yet. Nicuragua is a bit too small now I think but the barrel field and near fort are both really good. Staff was cool too!
    Yeah it's smaller because of some of the huts falling down, it's not too safe, hopefully before too long we'll have it all back open. Also thanks for the compliment.

As for campground, yeah, mike mowed it down, it looks way better than it did, he's working on hyperball now i think. So yeah, next time you're out at the field if you want to say thanks to anyone look for the guy in the yellow empire outfit, him and mark the owner are the main two guys that have been getting the fields nice as far as mowing and stuff.

Only thing I didn't like was going to campground directly after the first field.. but that's just my personal thing because I can't normally afford the paint to really play on the speedball fields.

Although, with the number of walk-ons there I probably didn't need to dump as much paint as I did I suppose..