Thread: A question on tippmann bottom lines

A question on tippmann bottom lines

Just a quick question. I have posted it here for more visiblity rather than in tech.

I am looking for first hand knowledge from A-5 owners or people with experience with them.

So here it is, I will try and explain as well as I can. On a m98 you can take off the stock bottom line and reverse it so the tank faces forward. I've seen this done for many m98's to get the tank out of the way of a car15 stock. So here's the deal can this be done with an A-5? With the stock asa? The reason I am not sure is the awkward angle the trigger is at.

Reason I am asking is I am thinking of building a scenario gun to add to my collection.

Thanks in advance.

you might just try flipping the asa and and find out first hand, it will only take about a minute
    www.theangelguy.com for all your angel needs
    BEER HELPING WHITE PEOPLE DANCE SINCE 1841
    BEER HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 1841
    PARTY TILL SHES PRETTY
    BEAUTY IS ONLY A LIGHT SWITCH AWAY
    SAVE A TREE EAT A BEAVER
    REMEMBER FAT UGLY GIRLS HAVE HOTT FRIENDS
    nitro duck for sale

nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu bat man

Hum, I'd do that but I don't have an A-5 to do that with.

"Reason I am asking is I am thinking of building a scenario gun to add to my collection. "

I guess I should be clearer than that.

I'm not going to buy one if I can't do this, remotes don't appeal to me and I don't feel like running a drop.

I just tried it and it doesn't fit because the A5 bottomline is held in by a longitudinal screw rather than two bottomline screws, and it actually fits inside the grip so reversine is out of the question, at least on my egrip. There might be more space inside the grip frame without the egrips guts so you should wait for response from someone without an egrip before making a final decision, but you could buy a lapco standard bottomline adapter and put a new bottomline on the marker and then reverse it. Also have you thought about an intruder foregrip? The tank screws directly into the vert asa and moves the tank completly out of the way of a stock, it can be found here intruder

And this is how it looks installed
    Lifes a garden dig it!

OMG i heard of this new paintball invention to get the tak outta the way! its called a remote system! hahah im j/k id just get remote, but w/e i dont know if that would work cause the tank woulc be angled down raelly wierd, if it wont work, get an adaptor block

like octane said... this cannot be done with the standard asa that comes with the A-5. However, you can buy a rather inexpensive part that allows you to attach a standard bottomline asa on it. Lapco and DOP make them and they are about $15 maybe.
    drop forwards are the devil!

Thanks octane, good post, just the info I was looking for.

Thanks for pointing me towards that foregrip. I will consider it, however it seems a little pricey for what it is though.

Another Q, where the hose runs into the gun in between the forgrip and the frame is that just an adapter to convert 1/8th npt to asa size? Is it possible to just remove that and play verticle bottle?

I will have to look around for these adapters too.

Yeah you can run a tank vertical straight into the ASA when i played front with my A5 i would run a 12oz vert, but I must warn you if you don't have an on/off valve on your tank you will go through orings like they are goin out of stlye.