Thread: Do you believe it?

Do you believe it?

http://www.8march2003.com

I don't. Perhaps there is some truth, but I think it's probably a nice elaborate hoax.

Dear readers,

This site was originally posted as a piece of writing with purposeful clues and discrepancies to indicate it's fictitious nature leading up to a pre publicity campaign to see how much interest it might generate. Quite honestly the overwhelming response and attention was not expected, or at least not so quickly. That was why the site was posted several months ahead with the intention of it slowly gathering momentum, leading up to the actual revealing date.

Most people have sent emails indicating that they enjoyed the site and looked forward to finding out about the potential release of a variety of things such as a new movie, computer game, SLR camera, novel, camera film and the list goes on.

There are some that have taken this site too seriously, and it has been brought to my attention that innocent people have been implicated as the creators of this site. I therefore feel it is appropriate to make this announcement. As many have pointed out, if the story was for real it would have been shut down by now.

If you still wish to follow this event, please enjoy it as a fictitious story leading up to what will be revealed on the above mentioned date. If there is enough interest, the original story may be re-posted as an optional link on this page within the next few weeks.

Kind Regards,
    HM
    HM@8march2003.com

man I was so looking forward to the end of the world as we know it.

Someone obviously has an active imagination, they probably like role play games too

Reminds me of "L Ron Hubbard"... Oh well, someone has to urinate in the gene pool.

AFTICA 4 Life! the low rent (unsponsored) AGD team at IAO
    Team Sandbaggers: 2k4 Texball Champs of the world!

SFL Emag
    RTP abomination
    Sydarm + scenario project VM-68 to be featured later.

so what's supposed to happen today then? Is this when the polar ice caps are to melt thus drowning the world? In the original site it says to go check out the older site, so i did and whoever says march eight is approaching..

geez...i didn't know they had internet access in insane asylums.

I couldnt even make out a boat in the pictures

lol I found it pretty interesting
    I wonder if HIS story is true; finding the camera, all that stuff. If it was true, id probably think the same.
    Hey
    AIM: FalconGuy016
    BANG!!!

Originally posted by CoFFeY[NiTrO]
    I couldnt even make out a boat in the pictures
    lol i know right? heh makes me wonder about those peeps that actually wrote him those emails that believed it were thinking.

well as the saying goes, theres one born every min.

hmm

someone has been watching x-files and movies too much! i mean come one if the world floods it would be like the movie waterworld with that one guy from dances with wolves and the postman... can't think of his name. oh well my family have a speedboat i would be safe.
    Use a table to get it smaller in over all hight

Washington... AKA 'Cocker Country... Come get Some!
    That's rediculous. Looking at that damaged SLR camera, it's gotta be fake. Any camera that's THAT damaged has GOT to have leaked light and destroyed the film.

Intense heat, which that camera obveously went through, would have destroyed the exposure on the film also.

This site is a buncha BS. Interesting to read, nontheless.

Greasy: isn't that kevin kostner?

My Trading Feedback

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
    -Edmond Burke

yep

i knew it was kevin something