Thread: bolt wont go on powertube

bolt wont go on powertube

ok well everything was going fine and dandy i had my retromag without level ten at the time and it was shooting fine, well i decide to finally get the level ten stuff hooked up since its been sitting in my room since the beta testing.(i know im lazy) so i take it to the proshop and have them install it since i had afew diffculties doing it myself. i got the gun back afew days later and its set 280ish and everythings all happy. a month or so later i want to go to a indoor field and im not sure if i will have to adjust the level ten or anything so i just put the stock stuff on but oh my now the stock bolt wont go all the way down the powertube. and the pt tip is all beat up. so i get the pt tip from my brothers gun and put it on mine and my bolt goes on a little further but still not all the way. so i try his bolt and the same thing happens.....does anyone know why it would be doing this or anything im kinda stumped and should i go ask the proshop about this since the stock stuff was fine before i gave it to them

thanks
    I chop no more thanks to level ten!

DId you take out the LX oring carrier? you have to take it out, if you want to use stock bolt. I don't know why you took the trouble of switching back. I would have ran LX at lower velocity. It is not a straight bolt swap...

i took all the level ten stuff out and put the stock stuff back in, i just didnt change the bolt

Are you sure you didn't forget the backing washer or something in the power tube? Without the level 10 carriers and washers, there are no restrictors in the power tube that should prevent the regular bolt from going in. Look down the power tube and see if anything in there is smaller than the inside of the power tube. If there is, take it out.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

cgrieves Guest
    I reckon you've left the plastic shim from the Level 10 at the bottom of the power tube. It's the first component to go in there and usually doesn't fall out without some persuasion (and it's hard to see)