Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why.......? (Why can't AGD make stuff faster)

Originally posted by SHAZAM-AGD
    the new kids coming into paintball gobble up the stuff cause it has a "NAME BRAND" on it not ever knowing it was made in a sweet shop and then complain when it breaks down and their are no one locals to fix it.
    Sorry, had to comment on this one too….

People gobble up stuff that they can afford. If it has a name brand on it, all the better. B.E. does so good because they are a name brand, right? Nope. It is because they price their products at a good entry level price.

The average consumer could care less “where” a product is made, but DO care about how much they PAY for it, as well as its quality VS Price. Go out on the street and ask people this question…….

“I have this product… it now costs you $300 to buy it. What would you think if I could offer it to you for $200?”

I think most people would say that would be a good thing.

Now, let’s say that we keep the end product price the same, but YOU own the company and can get 1/3 to ½ and even up to 100% more of your product made for the same investment on your part. You mean to tell me you would not take advantage of the global workforce available to you?

Oh.. sorry… got a bit off topic there…. Back to sweat shops and lack of local techs. What on earth do they have to do with each other? If you buy an Angel and it breaks, do you have to fly to England to have it fixed? What if a Mag has a problem, do you need to get in your vehicle and drive to IL to get it taken care of?

Heck, what if you buy a BMW, Honda, or any other “foreign” car or product? Nope, sorry lack of tech support and where the product is MADE have nothing to do with each other.

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman

Really?

Most major companies are located in the US:
    Kingman- CA
    Tippmann-IN
    PMI-IL
    AGD-IL
    Smart Parts-PA
    BE-AR (yes even brasseagle)
    WGP-CA

I can think of more but correct me If am wrong on any.

NYX-Matrix/Mamba IR3
    -----> Click the picture, do it!

PBnation

Impulse Owners Group (IOG)

speedyejl,
    The point was, many companies has their product made over seas where labor is cheaper, then, they sell it here in the states. Just because the company is based in the US does not mean the products are made here.

Isn't Kingman Japanese owned? I wonder were their stuff is manufactured??

From what I know I am almost positive Kingman is not Japanese owned. Further more Japan is one of the most expensive places for labor. Only electronics are really made there.

I was under the impression that Kingman was Korean (no matter where their address states), but I am not sure. But at least they are actually “Kingman International Corp.” They put it right out in the open. And as was stated, where the corporate “home office” is, does not mean that is where the product is manufactured.. or that it makes it a product of THAT country.

Is this writing Japanese or Korean? >>>

http://www.kingman.com/

Originally posted by luke
    Is this writing Japanese or Korean? >>>

http://www.kingman.com/
    Yes.

quality = time

its that simple
    "The Few Who Do Are The Envy Of The Many Who Only Stand And Watch"

Alway Remember *343*

Si vis pacem, para bellum

The kanji style of writing is used by Chinese(where it originated), korean and japanese. I don't know where kingman is made or who owns the company. You can get quality goods out of asia. All depends upon what people are willing to pay. I like the fact that I can get most bang for the bucks, but from what I've seen, best paintball markers made in US least for now with few exception.

Originally posted by fire1811
    quality = time

its that simple
    They out source everything anyway. Spend the $ and get the products out. You only lose $ by making people wait all the time. I know of ALOT of people that didn't buy xmags cus of the wait. Same story with the 4500FL's They took to long to come out. As far as the Xmag goes. Why have the bodies made over in Europe? Its a cnc program correct. Why not have them mass produced over here. They have far less or equal to milling as alot of the othere high end guns out there. and being that they are made of aluminum tooling costs would be very low. Cnc's cut thru aluminum like butter. I'm not trying to flame I just under stand why there is such a hold up. And since you already have the program for the Xmag bodies why not sell just a body as an upgrade in stead of the sluggos?
    DjGruv
    Damage Inc.
    Certified AGD Tech

been wondering that myself and have thought up a couple scenarios
    1) AGDE owns a cnc mill that cuts most of the bodies. By having there own machine they don't have to work with an outside machine shop making things cheaper and easier to changes. I know manike has done a ton of stuff with agde on streamlining and improving thier manufacturing process. In the end it's cheaper to simply make them in england.
    2) and the one i think is more plausible. AGDE is not owned by AGD and therefore AGDE own the rights to the extreme. They are simply keeping production in house becuase they own the rights. I have wondered if tom could buy a licence to the desighn and have some built here. I wonder if tom has to pay import taxes on the extreme bodies..........
    Aka tech
    Chuff
    Chuff

Originally posted by luke
    speedyejl,
    The point was, many companies has their product made over seas where labor is cheaper, then, they sell it here in the states. Just because the company is based in the US does not mean the products are made here.

Isn't Kingman Japanese owned? I wonder were their stuff is manufactured??
    It's manufactured in Taiwan. The company is based in SoCal and owned by a gentleman named Kang, who's originally from Taiwan (ethnic Chinese). Kingman started the price war when they decided to have it made in Taiwan where Mr Kang had mfg contacts. I remember my wife's F2 cost over 300 and now you can buy a stacked tube blowback for 50.

Tom

Being bored at work can lead to interesting things:

KINGMAN INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION