I'm A TechnoTard
Everything in asterisc's is my response.
Rick

Originally posted by Army

But to the world's eternal shame, 9/11 is increasingly seen as America's comeuppance. Incredibly, anti-Americanism has increased over the last year.

"Preach ON Brother!!"

America is this country's greatest friend and our staunchest ally. We are bonded to the US by culture, language and blood.

"Even though We American's Had to Take Our Freedom By Force
of Arm's"

half a century ago, around half a million Americans died for our freedoms, as well as their own. Have we forgotten so soon? Are we so quick to betray them?

"I Hope Not"

And these people brought it on themselves? Their nation is to blame for their meticulously planned slaughter?

"I Think Not"

The anti-American alliance is made up of self-loathing liberals who blame the Americans for every ill in the Third World, and conservatives suffering from power-envy, bitter that the world's only superpower can do what it likes without having to ask permission.

"Is'nt That what Being A SuperPower Mean's {I don't think
We've Abused that Standing}"

The truth is that America has behaved with enormous restraint since September 11.

"See Above Comment"

Remember the gut-wrenching tapes of weeping men phoning their wives to say, "I love you," before they were burned alive.

"True Heroes"

Remember the smiling face of that beautiful little girl who was on one of the planes with her mum.

"What Did She Do To Anyone To Deserve that Fate"

And realize that America has never retaliated for 9/11 in anything like the way it could have.

"And We Still get Derided for Our Reaction"

So some Afghan wedding receptions were shot up after they merrily Fired their semi-automatics in a sky full of American planes?

"There Is No Such Thing as Friendly Fire, When You're on the Recieving End"

AMERICA could have turned a large chunk of the world into a parking lot. That it didn't is a sign of strength. American voices are already being raised against attacking Iraq - that's what a democracy is for. How many in the Islamic world will have a minute's silence for the slaughtered innocents of 9/11? How many Islamic leaders will have the guts to say that the mass murder of 9/11 was an abomination?

"We Show Restraint and are Looked Down Upon For It"

"Not A Single One of the Islamic countries, Who's Butt's
We've Pulled Out of the Fire. Will even aknowledge that We even Assisted."

When the news of 9/11 broke on the West Bank, those freedom-loving Palestinians were dancing in the street. America watched all of that - and didn't push the button. We should thank the stars that America is the most powerful nation in the world. I still find it incredible that 9/11 did not provoke all-out war. Not a "war on terrorism." A real war.

"Because Our Belief's in Everyone's Right to Religion of Choice"

The fundamentalist dudes are talking about "opening the gates of hell," if America attacks Iraq. Well, America could have opened the gates of hell like you wouldn't believe.

"Yes We Could"

I love America, yet America is hated. I guess that makes me Bush's poodle.

"I Hate Poodle's, But I'd Pet this One"

But I would rather be a dog in New York City than a Prince in Riyadh. Above all, America is hated because it is what every country wants to be - rich, free, strong, open, optimistic. Not ground down by the past, or religion, or some caste system. America is the best friend this country ever had and we should start remembering that.

"Sorry World We Actually Succeeded at What We Set out to Do."

To our shame, George Bush gets a worse press than Saddam Hussein. Once we were told that Saddam gassed the Kurds, tortured his own people and set up rape-camps in Kuwait. Now we are told he likes Quality Street. Save me the orange center, Oh Mighty One!

"Where The Hell Is The Rest of the World Living?"

Remember, remember, September 11 -

One of the greatest atrocities in human history was committed against America.

No, do more than remember. Never forget.