Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: IRAQ THREAD originaly "Seems at least one Brit agrees with me....er us."

Mukwonago Those Who Know' Wish they Did'nt

Re: Seems at least one Brit agrees with me....er us.

I'm A TechnoTard
    Everything in asterisc's is my response.
    Rick

Originally posted by Army

But to the world's eternal shame, 9/11 is increasingly seen as America's comeuppance. Incredibly, anti-Americanism has increased over the last year.

"Preach ON Brother!!"

America is this country's greatest friend and our staunchest ally. We are bonded to the US by culture, language and blood.

"Even though We American's Had to Take Our Freedom By Force
    of Arm's"

half a century ago, around half a million Americans died for our freedoms, as well as their own. Have we forgotten so soon? Are we so quick to betray them?

"I Hope Not"

And these people brought it on themselves? Their nation is to blame for their meticulously planned slaughter?

"I Think Not"

The anti-American alliance is made up of self-loathing liberals who blame the Americans for every ill in the Third World, and conservatives suffering from power-envy, bitter that the world's only superpower can do what it likes without having to ask permission.

"Is'nt That what Being A SuperPower Mean's {I don't think
    We've Abused that Standing}"

The truth is that America has behaved with enormous restraint since September 11.

"See Above Comment"

Remember the gut-wrenching tapes of weeping men phoning their wives to say, "I love you," before they were burned alive.

"True Heroes"

Remember the smiling face of that beautiful little girl who was on one of the planes with her mum.

"What Did She Do To Anyone To Deserve that Fate"

And realize that America has never retaliated for 9/11 in anything like the way it could have.

"And We Still get Derided for Our Reaction"

So some Afghan wedding receptions were shot up after they merrily Fired their semi-automatics in a sky full of American planes?

"There Is No Such Thing as Friendly Fire, When You're on the Recieving End"

AMERICA could have turned a large chunk of the world into a parking lot. That it didn't is a sign of strength. American voices are already being raised against attacking Iraq - that's what a democracy is for. How many in the Islamic world will have a minute's silence for the slaughtered innocents of 9/11? How many Islamic leaders will have the guts to say that the mass murder of 9/11 was an abomination?

"We Show Restraint and are Looked Down Upon For It"

"Not A Single One of the Islamic countries, Who's Butt's
    We've Pulled Out of the Fire. Will even aknowledge that We even Assisted."

When the news of 9/11 broke on the West Bank, those freedom-loving Palestinians were dancing in the street. America watched all of that - and didn't push the button. We should thank the stars that America is the most powerful nation in the world. I still find it incredible that 9/11 did not provoke all-out war. Not a "war on terrorism." A real war.

"Because Our Belief's in Everyone's Right to Religion of Choice"

The fundamentalist dudes are talking about "opening the gates of hell," if America attacks Iraq. Well, America could have opened the gates of hell like you wouldn't believe.

"Yes We Could"

I love America, yet America is hated. I guess that makes me Bush's poodle.

"I Hate Poodle's, But I'd Pet this One"

But I would rather be a dog in New York City than a Prince in Riyadh. Above all, America is hated because it is what every country wants to be - rich, free, strong, open, optimistic. Not ground down by the past, or religion, or some caste system. America is the best friend this country ever had and we should start remembering that.

"Sorry World We Actually Succeeded at What We Set out to Do."

To our shame, George Bush gets a worse press than Saddam Hussein. Once we were told that Saddam gassed the Kurds, tortured his own people and set up rape-camps in Kuwait. Now we are told he likes Quality Street. Save me the orange center, Oh Mighty One!

"Where The Hell Is The Rest of the World Living?"

Remember, remember, September 11 -

One of the greatest atrocities in human history was committed against America.

No, do more than remember. Never forget.

Re: Re: Re: next round!

Originally posted by 1stdeadeye

My degree is in Poly Sci.
    Poly Sci major! Sheesh. That is about as useful as my Economics and History majors. I've heard it said that President Truman wanted to hire a one handed economist so he didn't have to listen to..."on the other hand...."
    ULE Body Level 10 Automag intelliframe + retrovalve

Mukwonago Those Who Know' Wish they Did'nt

Re: Re: Re: Re: next round!

Originally posted by aaron_mag

Poly Sci major! Sheesh. That is about as useful as my Economics and History majors. I've heard it said that President Truman wanted to hire a one handed economist so he didn't have to listen to..."on the other hand...."
    ROTFLMMFAO!!

Collegeboy Guest
    Originally posted by cphilip

In Bin Ladens own words they are united in killing Americans. In that they agree. And the Kurds can be rolled by Saddam any time he was to chose. And some of them work and live right in Bagdad. And Saddam looks to terrorists to sell his goodies. Simple as that. Hate makes strange bed fellows. Never discount that. Its real...

You need to spend more time studying history from All sources. Not just spouting what you hear from fellow student and liberaly faculty who notoriously do not keep up with current events of wish to interpret all the information at their disposal. Students tend to take thier information as facts from Zealots that losely interpret things in their own fashion. Colleges typically are not the real world. It's not as simple as it seems. And at your age you tend to think you know it all armed with little information. And in 20 years I want to talk to you again....
    That is what I do, cphillip. I study history from both sides, that is how I get the knowledge I get. I don't know how it is at Clemson, but my teachers NEVER tell me what to think or how to think. The teach us to be historians. How to be able to read a book and weigh its view points against all others that you know. And then make a judgment on is it crap or is it truth. They tells us facts (this happened on this day, and that on that, this happened and so forth), we then discuss the reasons and implementations with each other. The teacher normally only chimes in when we say the incorrect thing. Like this year, well it was actually this year, and so forth. I have a daily disagreement with one of my history teachers (who wrote the book that the movie Armistead was based on, as well as many other books dealing with US foreign policy). Everyday we both chime in with our opinions (He is one who will chime in with his opinions). Even though this guy is a PHD and knows a lot more then I do, I still can disagree with him. I normally shut down (meaning out argue) the grad students in the class too. And he appreciates that. That is what makes a historian a historian.

I get tired of everyone counting me as some sponge that soaks up everything people tells them and spits it out as truth. That is very insulting. My opinions I have gained not through others opinions, if it would have you all would have changed my opinions by now, but rather through my own research and such.

And to get back to the discussion. With US planes flying over head protecting the northern fly zone and the Kurds. Do you think that Saddam will be able to get his troops near the Kurdish villages without something happening?

aaron_mag: I am a history, economics, and Russian major with a minor probably in Poly sci (since I have to have that many classes any ways), what does that make me.

Originally posted by Collegeboy

aaron_mag: I am a history, economics, and Russian major with a minor probably in Poly sci (since I have to have that many classes any ways), what does that make me.
    Either a career student or a future professor .

You end up using writing and general analytical skills in most jobs anyway. Economics and Political Science majors are not real career training in anything. I suppose that it is good to be a King but not too many openings for those sort of jobs.

Collegeboy Guest
    It will takeone semester over the normal four years to complete it. But I hope to either be a professor of history or go into foreign policy. (that is with takeing 21 hours a semester, and I am almost done )

But Poly Sci is useful for those going into Law school. Economics is a useful second major, so is a language. History is just my love. No real use there, unless you are going into politics or law.
    Last edited by Collegeboy; 03-09-2003 at 11:30 PM.

Money & backscratching is all going on behind the scenes & most of you all cant see the wood for the trees!

A WAR ON TERRORISM.
    When Bush said there would be a war on Terrorism, Major stuck up his hand to be first in line. the money trail for terrorists was targeted. Look at the biggest load of Irish in the world outside of Ireland????? you will find them in the States. that is where the IRA's money came from. Bush put a stop to that!! the IRA now talks for peace.

THE 1991 GULF WAR.
    Is it a coincidence that the Berlin wall came down in the late 80's & the states had thousands of troops stationed in West Germany. All being paid for by Nato or West Germany?
    Sadam decided to invade a neighour. America & Britain went in with all guns blazing!!! but didnt finish the job...

WHY??? because you troops are being paid for by Saudi Arabia.

This worked out fine till some Moron flew a few planes into buildings. The States kicked *** in Afganistan (Lets face it New Zealand could have done that job too) but it cost (and still is costing you guys Billions of dollars)

Now where can Bush find the money to pay for this??? Afganistan hasn't got any wealth other than poppies (poppies make heroin, cant do that it's a bit pollitically incorrect)so We look around & find some unfinished buisness in Iraq & just so happens to have a fist full of oil in their back yard!
    Bush says ok who is with us & who is against us?
    Britian & Australia stick up their hands ( lets face it We dont have much of a choice here, although our armed forces are pretty good we dont stand much of a chance against any invading force of any great number).........France, Germany & Russia are against.

Why?? Nothing to do with the Humanity Crudd that they are talking about in the media, They have deals with Sadam to manufacture, maintain, buy & sell all the oil in Iraq after the sanctions are lifted.

Now I love the States & Britain, they are Australias allies. they have always been and will always be close friends.

All I am saying is dont believe what you see and read.

These terrorists are pissed at you guys for a reason because you live in the States you dont see why other countries are mad at your pollicies. Because you are the most powerfull country in the world your pollicies can hurt other smaller countries. they get pissed at you & because they think differently to us they use a plane to get the message across.

Osama bin naughty got pissed at ya cos you helped out Afganistan when the USSR invaded, but you dropped them like a hot scone after the russians left. then you set up shop in their ( Muslims ) most sacred land ( SAUDI ) to "Guard" againd the possible threat comming from Sadam.

People throughout the world think differently than Us its just our job to hammer em if they stick up their heads eh Boys

Now I agree with givin Sadam a boot in the Bum. he lost a war & he's been pissin us all off with his blatant disregard for the "unconditonal surrender" he agreed to.
    But just watch out for a bunch of very pissed off ragheads commin out at ya if ya do!

I'm getting tired of psuedo-intellectuals giving people under 25 a bad name.

Tell you what; travel overseas, see how you get treated as an american. Most of the free world is envious of us; hell we've been compared to Rome, and, half the world awaits our downfall.
    I want to point out something between "terrorism" and legitimate combat action. Terrorism is done by a government that is either too weak to go to war, or does not have the means necessary to spread their "word of faith". These people are funded, by governments, using the guise of "religion", to go out and kill innocent civilians, all in the name of bringing their message of struggle (or whatever they think their current plight is) to the world. Palenstine, to this day, DENIES targeting innocent civilians, yet, they blow human bombs up on commuter buses, in shopping malls, and in crowded open market areas. Terroism is now, and always will be aimed at CIVILIANS. Why, because they dont fight back, and it is their attempt to say "see? We can hit you anywhere, anytime."
    We have not intentionally targeted ANY civilians during this campaign. We do not commit murder. we do not send in lone soldiers (mind you, we are required, with the exception of a few units, to wear an easily identified uniform, to let the enemy know we are a legitimate fighting force), and blow up, oh, lets say mosques, open air markets, or town squares. The world seems to forget that we posess enough firepower to defeat ANY opponent, alone, without any allies. Thankfully, we have many in this great world. We used restraint, which, as has been pointed out, IS diplomacy. We told Iraq that they had no more chances, yet, Britain pursuaded us to give them a little more time. We are awaiting the advice of the UN, when we really dont need to. Why? Because, if we remove ourselves from there, it is eventually fall apart. Although we dont commit the most troops, they do depend on us to back them up, when they get into trouble. We also contribute a large amount of money to them.
    Personally, I think all this debate is getting old. I serve, and will do what is expected of me. My brethren will do the same. You can be grateful, and sleep peacefully at night, knowing that someowhere out there in the world, a soldier sleeps restlessly, hungry, cold, wet, thinking of loved ones, all while protecting your right to disagree.
    X-mag #10. Nuff said.

my feedback

Collegeboy Guest
    Well technically you can say that the Palestinians are not targeting civilians. (Notice I said technically). Every male between 18 and I think 30 are required to be in some sort of reserve military force. So basically all they have to do is say we are targeting that one male 22 year old, and they are not targeting civilians. That is why they can say that, and continually says that.

Speaking of funding the UN. The US stands to lose its seat on the security council if it doesn't pay its debts to the UN. (Notice they will not lose it, but the US still do owe the UN alot of money)

Alot of people do hate us, and I do not see it as envious. They despise us for how little we care about the average person. We care about our own goals, and then pull out once we get what we want. (Notice again this is their position)

coolegeboy, they can say what they want, but, look at the facts; they go onto a bus(forinstance). Why? More people. If they were targeting, say, a checkpoint, then it would be legit. But, when you design a bomb, spceifically to cause alot of damage to surrounding people by introducin nails, screws, or whatever you have on hand, then, blow it up on a bus, with the KNOWLEDGE that the bus will rip apart, causing FURTHER damage to nearby civilians, totally debunks thier "idea" of targeting males in the certain age group. It is a veil of lies (and a weak veil at that), that they use to "make a point".
    As far as the US owing UN money, yes, true, but, look at how many UN members owe US money? And, how much we contribute in aid to alot of the countries beloniging to the UN? Again, if we pulled out, they would fall apart due to lack of funding.
    I want to keep it civil here, and I will amke every attempt to do so. I understand your opposition to the war. I just ask that you understand mine. I will not argue about your beliefs, but I do enjoy debating the world politics stuff

you know what i find interesting, there have been only THREE UN approved conflicts: Korean War. Gulf War. Afganistan "War". FRANCE, RUSSIA, CHINA NEVER took it upon themselves to ask permission to do what they chose to do from the 50's into the 90's.

Collegeboy Guest
    Thanks, I wish not to discuss the war either

I understand that the Palestinians use it as an excuse and they intend to do more damage. That is why I don't support their bombings. Just like I don't support Israel fires missiles into apartment complexes or machine gunning a crowd of people, or dropping a bomb on an entire apartment complex to kill one guy while creating 1,000 or more new terrorist in the process. My opinions on the situation are both sides are at fault, Israel needs to back out of the land they illegally occupy. Will that stop the Palestinians, probably not? But at least Israel has taken away any argument the Palestinians have. And bring international attention to it.

The US gives money to UN nations, but not to the UN as it is suppose to. The US uses the money that it is supposed to give to the UN to fund these expenditures directly to nations. It is in a sort trying to gain support for the US, while taking support away from the UN. It really doesn't matter if other countries owe us money, we owe them too. (I think last time I check we owed over a billion to China for some government bonds they bought off of Japan)

Collegeboy Guest
    Look at the partition plan of 1948 (I think that is the year). That is Israels legal boundaries. Anything beyond that is illegally taken. And the UN has asked Israel to stop its attacks and to leave the occupied land, they refuse to.

Anyone who brings up the fact that the US owes other groups (i.e. the UN), and countries but then fails to mention in direct comparison that those same groups and countries owe the US money is either just trying to spout crap, or they are totally ignorant about how Global Economics work. And then there is the massive amounts of AID the US gives these same groups and countries. And then there is Emergency Aid that is given to these groups and countries when a natural disaster happens.. which I might add is not given to the US when WE are hit with a natural disaster.

If you were to put up everyone’s “tabs” or “debts” to everyone else, I would be willing to bet that folks would see that using the “debt” the US has to any, or ALL, groups is not only silly, but only to cause a point to argue about. Yes, the US owes, but the WORLD owes us much more. And the appearance of “debt” is what keeps the Global Economy spinning and its wheels greased. Does anyone want to know what would happen if we collected all that is owed to US and paid all that WE “owe”? Talk about a dangerous place this world would be….. and many countries would suffer greatly… and that does not include the US.

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman

Look at the partition plan of 1948 (I think that is the year). That is Israels legal boundaries. Anything beyond that is illegally taken. And the UN has asked Israel to stop its attacks and to leave the occupied land, they refuse to.
    Sorry man, deleted my post. Decided not to get into it. Any plans in 1948 don't apply though. If you remember the Jordanian occupation in 1949 negated everything prior.

Originally posted by shartley
    Anyone who brings up the fact that the US owes other groups (i.e. the UN), and countries but then fails to mention in direct comparison that those same groups and countries owe the US money is either just trying to spout crap, or they are totally ignorant about how Global Economics work. And then there is the massive amounts of AID the US gives these same groups and countries. And then there is Emergency Aid that is given to these groups and countries when a natural disaster happens.. which I might add is not given to the US when WE are hit with a natural disaster.
    its the fine aret of telling half-truths. why tell what really happened when we can persuade people without directly lying?

I'm getting tired of psuedo-intellectuals giving people under 25 a bad name.
    you're not alone.

Shartley is correct. We do owe money, and money is owed us. We provide aid, and neither expect nor receive any in return. But, economy drives the world; owed debt is a bargaining chip for nations, as is providing aid. We will NEVER be out of debt; it would be bad politics wise, and worse economy wise. But, such is the world.

Re: Re: Re: Re: next round!

I got a job as a VP in a major financial institution with it! Most college degrees (Unless a technical degree) are worthless. They are just a key to the door of opportunity. Liberal Arts Degrees are the worst of the lot. My boss an EVP has a history degree!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: next round!

Originally posted by 1stdeadeye

I got a job as a VP in a major financial institution with it! Most college degrees (Unless a technical degree) are worthless. They are just a key to the door of opportunity.

OFF TOPIC WARNING -

Wait a minute. You got a VP postion at a finance company with just a poly sci degree?!??!?! Please tell me there's more to the story. I have a finance, economics and math degree. I've designed pricing models for 3 years now. I'm VERY good at what I do (not to be conceited) and I can't even get companies to call me back!

Angry STFU

Well technically you can say that the Palestinians are not targeting civilians. (Notice I said technically). Every male between 18 and I think 30 are required to be in some sort of reserve military force. So basically all they have to do is say we are targeting that one male 22 year old, and they are not targeting civilians. That is why they can say that, and continually says that.

Speaking of funding the UN. The US stands to lose its seat on the security council if it doesn't pay its debts to the UN. (Notice they will not lose it, but the US still do owe the UN alot of money)
    You are full of garbage. DO NOT EVER SAY THAT THE PALESTINIANS ARE NOT TARGETING CIVILIANS! In the last Bus attack, how many SCHOOL CHILDREN did they kill? How many SCHOOL BUSES DID THEY ATTACK? Since they are CHILDREN (ages 12-15) they are civilians. There is no technically qualifier applicable. Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and Fatah are cowards. They attack soft targets. They kill women and children. The Israelis retaliate and on goes the circle. As long as the Palestinians are killing kids, they can never claim to be targeting just enemy forces!

As for the UN. Dissolve it. It is worthless and irrelavant. The US provides more funding for it then any other nation. I know they just reworked the funding formula, but I think the US share should be dramatically smaller. I am fed up with MY tax dollars subsidizing Kofi "I am worthless" Annan's globe trotting!

You are starting to irk me. I think it is time for a little one on one! I'll bunker your *Rump*!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: next round!

Originally posted by ShooterJM

OFF TOPIC WARNING -

Wait a minute. You got a VP postion at a finance company with just a poly sci degree?!??!?! Please tell me there's more to the story. I have a finance, economics and math degree. I've designed pricing models for 3 years now. I'm VERY good at what I do (not to be conceited) and I can't even get companies to call me back!
    I earned a VP position in the country's 7th largest financial institution. I started out of college in the Private Banking group. I'll be more then happy to give you career advice. I'll even review your resume for you. There are many tricks to getting ahead. First was is to be a profit center and not an expense. It sounds like you work in operations. A company usually lavishes praise and promotions on the sales end. I am a Commercial Lender now who does very well. As a matter of fact, I posted a thread last month about the all expense paid 6 day, 5 night trip to Disney I received for last years production.

Good luck to you in your quest. P.S. How old are you?

Originally posted by oldsoldier
    Tell you what; travel overseas, see how you get treated as an american.
    I have and I find that most people were very friendly. The French were some of the nicest people I had ever met which was strange as I was prepared for the worst with them. I will admit when I went to India I got berated by an Indian man on the train during the whole ride about the US and how we were on the way down (this was early 90s which shows how wrong he was). He was really starting to piss me off. After we got off the train I grabbed my bags and went to walk away. What happened next I'll never forget. He stopped me and stared at me carrying my bags saying, "You are going to carry your own bags! In India we call the boy to carry our bags for us. You make me think that if India is going to be a great nation like the US we need to learn to start carrying our own bags."

I also get tired of the debate but nothing pisses me off more than when we try to pass ourselves off as the victims of international prejudice. I am thankful for soldiers like my cousin that sacrifice. I am especially thankful to the families of soldiers that have to sacrifice so much. At the same time my cousin chooses to do it because he LOVES it. Also I keep in mind that the armed forces are there to PROTECT our right to debate. We allocate funding to the armed forces for this reason. In other words the army serves the people of the nation. We do not have to feel shame of disagreeing with official policy. To be honest I am not even sure I disagree with official policy at the moment but people equating anti-bush to anti-american make me sick.

There is my rant! As for 1stdeadeyes Poly Sci major I am in total agreement about liberal arts college degrees as I have a similar degree. I got a follow up degree in Computer Engineering which was alot more practical but made me a dull and uninteresting person

Hmmm?

Viva La France!!
    I also get tired of the debate but nothing pisses me off more than when we try to pass ourselves off as the victims of international prejudice. I am thankful for soldiers like my cousin that sacrifice. I am especially thankful to the families of soldiers that have to sacrifice so much. At the same time my cousin chooses to do it because he LOVES it. Also I keep in mind that the armed forces are there to PROTECT our right to debate. We allocate funding to the armed forces for this reason. In other words the army serves the people of the nation. We do not have to feel shame of disagreeing with official policy. To be honest I am not even sure I disagree with official policy at the moment but people equating anti-bush to anti-american make me sick.

There is my rant! As for 1stdeadeyes Poly Sci major I am in total agreement about liberal arts college degrees as I have a similar degree. I got a follow up degree in Computer Engineering which was alot more practical but made me a dull and uninteresting person
    So what you are saying is that you are a boring, dull, commie, pinko, anti-bush, anti-American Liberal Arts degree toting goober?

Debate is good and fun!

Collegeboy Guest
    Originally posted by shartley

If you were to put up everyone’s “tabs” or “debts” to everyone else, I would be willing to bet that folks would see that using the “debt” the US has to any, or ALL, groups is not only silly, but only to cause a point to argue about. Yes, the US owes, but the WORLD owes us much more. And the appearance of “debt” is what keeps the Global Economy spinning and its wheels greased. Does anyone want to know what would happen if we collected all that is owed to US and paid all that WE “owe”? Talk about a dangerous place this world would be….. and many countries would suffer greatly… and that does not include the US.

Please read what I wrote again you seem to be missing a key point. I said "The US gives money to UN nations, but not to the UN as it is suppose to. The US uses the money that it is supposed to give to the UN to fund these expenditures directly to nations. It is in a sort trying to gain support for the US, while taking support away from the UN. It really doesn't matter if other countries owe us money, we owe them too. (I think last time I check we owed over a billion to China for some government bonds they bought off of Japan)" Thank you have a good day, please come back again.

1st Deadeye. Read what I wrote. I said that technically they are targeting the young adult males, but we all know they are going for more then that. I said that is how they justify their killing.

Aaron_mag,
    Reading your post made me seriously think you went as a tourist, and to tourist places. Places where being “nice” to Americans equal getting their money.. either directly, or indirectly. And as someone who has not only traveled overseas, but LIVED there, I can tell you that what you saw was not the majority view. And for every “nice” thing you saw, I can tell you dozens of (if not more) “bad” things that I have personally experienced, and/or seen.

It is amazing the changes that happen only a few miles outside the “money track”.

We ARE the victims of International Prejudice… like it or not. Prejudice is forming a dislike for something, or someone, with the lack of actually KNOWING about it or them. And I can tell you that most of the people around the world know virtually nothing about the real America or Americans. And that my friend is PREJUDICE.

As for Anti-Bush being Anti-American…. When they put Anti-Bush signs or propaganda right next to Anti- American signs and propaganda.. YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT… they ARE Anti-American. And if you burn an effigy of Bush, or a picture of him, or shoot at it, etc. you ARE Anti-American because that is saying you are wishing physical harm to our Nation’s Leader. You can dislike the man, or his policies (funny though that no matter WHAT a President thinks or wants, he can not do it alone…. so many seem to want to toss that little bit of FACT out the window), without actively advocating personal violence to/on him.

No, just not liking Bush is not Anti-American, and even being Anti-Bush is not in itself Anti-American. But far too often that is NOT the only thing that is going on… but go ahead and keep shielding your eyes from the rest of it so you can keep complaining about it. Everyone in the world is SO misunderstood but US… yeah, right. Keep being their (anyone BUT Americans) champion, I will defend MY country over anyone else’s any day of the week (verbally or physically)…. even if we ARE by chance wrong. Why? Because I am an AMERICAN and this is MY country. And I will not feel one bit guilty for thinking that someone who will not do the same IS Un-American.

1st Deadeye. Read what I wrote. I said that technically they are targeting the young adult males, but we all know they are going for more then that. I said that is how they justify their killing.
    Read what he wrote again. 15 is younger then 18. That's like walking into a nursury, killing all the babies and saying you're targeting 85 year old men.

Collegeboy Guest
    Funny I said that, I said that the people in those pictures were probably using them to mean the US, which would make them anti-American. But I also said just because someone has a shirt on with crosshairs over the presidents face, burns a picture of him, or has him hanging on a string, doesn't mean they are anti-American. If you think so, you might need to get out of that box you are living in.

How are tourist treated in the US? Badly. Just look around and see how they are treated, what looks they get, and all that sort of stuff.

So please don't get off on the Americans are treated badly in other countries so they must be American haters.

Exclamation Wrong!

Well technically you can say that the Palestinians are not targeting civilians. (Notice I said technically).
    This is exactly what you said! You did not say that the Palestinians are claiming this, you said YOU! You were implying that a reasonable person could come to this conclusion. You are wrong here. The Palistinians deliberatly target soft targets. Arafat the terrorist chieften himself has asked Jihad and Hamas to not strike at civilian targets to no avail. If he doesn't agree with your "technically" no one else will either.

You lost this point, so concede!

Collegeboy Guest

I understand that the Palestinians use it as an excuse and they intend to do more damage. That is why I don't support their bombings. Just like I don't support Israel fires missiles into apartment complexes or machine gunning a crowd of people, or dropping a bomb on an entire apartment complex to kill one guy while creating 1,000 or more new terrorist in the process. My opinions on the situation are both sides are at fault, Israel needs to back out of the land they illegally occupy. Will that stop the Palestinians, probably not? But at least Israel has taken away any argument the Palestinians have. And bring international attention to it.
    Read the first sentence.

And just if you was going by the one sentence you show, you should be able to come to the conclusion by me stressing the word technically. Which is true. Technically they claim to target those military members, others just happen to be in the way (THAT IS THEIR NOT MINE OPINION). Just like Israel technically means to kill that one terrorist by dropping a bomb on his apartment complex. The other 2,000 or so in it was just in the way.