Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: IRAQ THREAD originaly "Seems at least one Brit agrees with me....er us."

Originally posted by Collegeboy
    Please read what I wrote again you seem to be missing a key point. I said "The US gives money to UN nations, but not to the UN as it is suppose to. The US uses the money that it is supposed to give to the UN to fund these expenditures directly to nations. It is in a sort trying to gain support for the US, while taking support away from the UN. It really doesn't matter if other countries owe us money, we owe them too. (I think last time I check we owed over a billion to China for some government bonds they bought off of Japan)" Thank you have a good day, please come back again.
    Please come back again? You are a joke. You say just enough crap so you can wobble back and forth depending on what anyone says. That to me shows a lack of conviction in ANYTHING but wanting to stir the pot and piss people off.

When you get a backbone and want to put yourself or your actual views on the line… no halfway crap like you post… I will talk with you…. but until then you are nothing but a troll with no backbone. I sure hope you GET one before you decide to join the Armed Forces because your “sympathies” will only earn you blanket parties (if not worse), and your semantic games and intellectual yet unfounded arguing will earn you enemies….. quickly.

I am fast seeing that there is YOUR World, the REAL World, and the Military World….. and I can tell you that YOUR world does not mix well with either of the other two.

And it is funny… you seem to say “Read what I wrote” and “you are missing a key point” a lot. Maybe you should learn to write what you really mean then? Maybe you should take a definitive stand on an issue? Yup… you ARE little.

Please do NOT come back again.

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman

Collegeboy Guest
    Maybe you can't read, but what I am saying is there in plain English. The US is supposed to give the money directly to the UN, but instead the US gives it to UN countries. This undermines the UN and takes away their responsibilities. Please take a reading comprehension test; I am getting tired of repeating myself so you can understand it.

I have put my views on the line and found them good, even against your illogical attacks on them and my character.

Again I await another illogical post for which I will have to restate what I said again.

Originally posted by nippinout
    I'm proud to be an American. Anybody who doesn't like me for that fact is wrong. They should be bombed.
    I'm proud to be an American. Anybody who doesn't like me for that fact is wrong. They should be bombed.

Maybe you can't read, but what I am saying is there in plain English. The US is supposed to give the money directly to the UN, but instead the US gives it to UN countries. This undermines the UN and takes away their responsibilities. Please take a reading comprehension test; I am getting tired of repeating myself so you can understand it.

I have put my views on the line and found them good, even against your illogical attacks on them and my character.

Again I await another illogical post for which I will have to restate what I said again.
    Probaly so the UN doesn't pocket half the money. Then when that half gets to the countires, the corrupt goverments pocket another half, then when the money finally trickles down to the people in need, they end up getting 1/4 of what we sent them.

If we give it directly to the countries, then they get half. Makes sense to me.

EDIT: spelling

And people thought I was arrogant, pompous, and condescending? LOL

Yeah, I am stupid. I can’t read or understand English. I need to take a reading comprehension test. Want to compare intellects kid? LOL Again, you are a joke. I think I have established here on AO that I may not always be a “likeable” person, but I have no intellectual shortcomings. You are a Johnny Come Lately here, and have only shown what a misguided young man you are... even your Member name says a lot about you.

As for making attacks on your views and your character… LOL No one needs to “attack” either of them… both are weak and of little substance.. and pointing that out is not an “attack” it is just telling it like it is. Yes, I said it. I can also honestly say that if I saw you in need of anything, I would turn and walk away…. And that is very unlike me.

firstdeadeye-

You pretty much summed me up. Except for the PINKO part. Remember my manly exertions to my wife's Pilates video so I am not a Pinko in any way shape or form. By the way you I don't believe you saw my rebuttal to your MacArthur statement in the Korea thread!

Originally posted by shartley
    Aaron_mag,
    Reading your post made me seriously think you went as a tourist, and to tourist places. Places where being “nice” to Americans equal getting their money.. either directly, or indirectly. And as someone who has not only traveled overseas, but LIVED there....And I will not feel one bit guilty for thinking that someone who will not do the same IS Un-American.
    The only place I have lived overseas is England. Anti-american sentiment is, of course, not very strong there. The rest were all vacation oriented. HOWEVER everywhere I go I notice one thing. People are just trying to get by the best they can and barely give the US a second thought. There was a story on NPR (shut up 1stdeadeye it is a good station) this morning about a non profit phone company called Call for Peace. It was setup by the parents of Israelis and Palestinians that have lost children in the conflict. Basically it randomly connects Israelis and Palestinians to chat. They had interviews with some of the users that were amazed at how similar they really were when it came down to it and how they had descended into thinking of each other in stereotypes.

So now to my point. First of all I do not champion everyone else over America. None of my posts discuss the faults of America versus the virtues of other countries. Second in regards to "I will defend MY country over anyone else’s any day of the week (verbally or physically)…. even if we ARE by chance wrong. Why? Because I am an AMERICAN and this is MY country. And I will not feel one bit guilty for thinking that someone who will not do the same IS Un-American.". This view does not promote discussion and understanding between nations. It promotes us versus them. Discussion is good (backed up with strength. Notice that I have never said the military should not receive strong funding).
    ULE Body Level 10 Automag intelliframe + retrovalve

aaron_mag-
    I am glad to see my perceptions were not wrong about your dealings with people’s of the world. I on the other hand have dealt with the real world…. Not that tourist places are not “real”, but it is greatly different than the rest of the countries, as I have said.

And as for my statement not fostering understanding and dialog with other countries… What? How so? I LIVED among them and fostered this each and every day. And guess what? When I left, they still thought the same things as a whole. The few opinions that I was able to change did not change the overall opinions or misconceptions one bit.

My statement also had more to do with people in our own country…. Not others. But none the less, it IS us VS them. We are only a global family when THEY need something… other than that we are always the outsiders, no matter what hand we extend to them. If it does not contain something they WANT or NEED, they don’t want it.

So honestly…. Screw them. Yes, screw the world. Helping them gets us NOTHING, never has, never will. And when we need or want something, even just verbal support, where is the world? Hmmmmmm

For someone who is so quick to point our OUR faults, you sure do seem to overlook everyone else’s. And you may maintain that you don’t champion them over us, but when the majority of what you say is against US, and virtually none is about anyone else…. It does make one wonder.

Let them rant Army

That's the problem with extremists. You just can't argue with them.

Here!

Pito summed up what I was going to say. The UN is an extremely corrupt organization. The money wasted and stolen by the third world bureacrats is shameful. Most of them look at the UN as a trough.

Better to send it further down the line. The thieves there may steal a bigger percentage, but more will get to where it was intended!

Please do not try to argue that the UN is some benevolant charity. It is a rotting corrupt irrelevant organization.

Collegeboy Guest
    Well by the US giving money to these countries directly, the countries have to give up something important to the US. Now that could be good and that could be bad. Is the UN a bureaucrat who has the same problems as other bureaucrat yes, I never said they wasn't. But the US as a member of UN is suppose to give the money directly to the UN funds, instead of using that money to make friends in other countries. The UN was founded to prevent what the US is doing. But with the power the US has amassed no one can say anything against it for the US will just veto it.

Shartley, you are funny. You actually think you are some sort of intellectual genius compared to me. That is funny. You own post show that you have no understanding of human emotions, no understanding of the average guy. You somehow have this notion that a terrorist is born with some sort of mental imbalance that makes them a terrorist, but you say their surrounding has nothing to do with it. You some how think that a potential terrorist is different from me and you. You somehow think most everybody hates the US. That is about as wrong as it can get. I would be more then willing to square off in an intellectual match against you. Oh an no mater what, if I saw you on the street in need, no matter how messed up your ideas are I would still help you.

Shartley, you are funny. You actually think you are some sort of intellectual genius compared to me. That is funny. You own post show that you have no understanding of human emotions, no understanding of the average guy. You somehow have this notion that a terrorist is born with some sort of mental imbalance that makes them a terrorist, but you say their surrounding has nothing to do with it. You some how think that a potential terrorist is different from me and you. You somehow think most everybody hates the US. That is about as wrong as it can get. I would be more then willing to square off in an intellectual match against you. Oh an no mater what, if I saw you on the street in need, no matter how messed up your ideas are I would still help you.
    LOLROF You are a putz. That is NOT what I said… not even close. I never said they had a mental imbalance (I said they had a predisposition, and that is quite a bit different), I also never said that their environment didn’t play “any” part in them being what they are. LOL And YES, potential terrorist ARE different than the average person. If they were the same as everyone else, EVERYONE in their same area and who has gone through the same things as they did would be a terrorist too…. by YOUR arguments.. but they are NOT. LOL YOU know NOTHING about human nature or what makes people what they are.

I suppose that you would also argue that criminals are just like everyone else too. LOL

Square off in an intellectual match? LOLROF Come back when you have lived a few years and contributed to our world and not just READ about it, then we may “square off”. LOL Why don’t you just test out of all your classes? You are SO smart and know EVERYTHING already. LOL

And as a former Police Officer I can tell you more than a few things about human nature, emotion, and the average (as well as not average) person….. because I had to deal with it. LOL You seem to think you are talking to people who don’t know anything, or have not actually DONE things in life. Silly little boy. Come back when you grow up… College Boy.

Collegeboy Guest
    You crack me up.

I don't need to go out in the "real" world to know I can take you on, all I have to do is look at your post here. Maybe you can't get by that "logic" of yours or that "experience" you have to know that maybe things are not like you think. I question everything I know everyday. Do you. Maybe you are tainted by your past to know the truth in front of you.

Don't you just love it when people result to the argument? Boy wait till you grow up, wait till you get out in the real world, wait till you get a job, then you will come to think as I do. Until then you are wrong. All without saying anything that would even come close to proving how the "boy" is wrong. I just love that don't you all. Shartly did you have to walk up the hill both ways to school in the snow with no shoes too.

Well by the US giving money to these countries directly, the countries have to give up something important to the US. Now that could be good and that could be bad. Is the UN a bureaucrat who has the same problems as other bureaucrat yes, I never said they wasn't. But the US as a member of UN is suppose to give the money directly to the UN funds, instead of using that money to make friends in other countries. The UN was founded to prevent what the US is doing. But with the power the US has amassed no one can say anything against it for the US will just veto it.
    Make friends? LOL I thought the US just wanted to piss everyone off and rule the world?

Prevent the US from doing what it is doing? Veto? Oh… you mean like what FRANCE is doing? LOL

The UN is a joke. The UN has members on the Security Council that have NO right being there. The UN has members on the Civil Rights Council that have committed and continue to commit GROSS civil rights violations themselves. LOL Need I go on? Not likely.

The UN is in business to keep the UN in business… period. They don’t care one bit about the world.

You crack me up.

I don't need to go out in the "real" world to know I can take you on, all I have to do is look at your post here. Maybe you can't get by that "logic" of yours or that "experience" you have to know that maybe things are not like you think. I question everything I know everyday. Do you. Maybe you are tainted by your past to know the truth in front of you.

Don't you just love it when people result to the argument? Boy wait till you grow up, wait till you get out in the real world, wait till you get a job, then you will come to think as I do. Until then you are wrong. All without saying anything that would even come close to proving how the "boy" is wrong. I just love that don't you all. Shartly did you have to walk up the hill both ways to school in the snow with no shoes too.
    Yup. You are right.

This whole thing sounds similar to what I used to have with MY folks…. I thought I knew everything too because I as taking College Prep Classes as a Freshman and Acing them. LOL But now me and my folks sit back and laugh at it all.

And if you think I don’t question things, you show how little you know about me. I am KNOWN as AO’s biggest “questioner”. LOL I never take anything at face value. But there is a fine line between questioning things and being a total fool. And you my young man have crossed that line. You are not about facts, or about realities…. You are about arguing and trying to prove yourself somehow right no matter what.

You want to know how to debate? Dig up some of my old posts here on AO. LOL You don’t have a clue.

The problem with trying to argue with you is that no matter WHAT is said, you will not face reality. Your delusion of only YOU being right is so complete that if someone was to say you were CORRECT, you would probably argue with THAT as well. LOL

I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall when reality smacks you up beside the head. LOL

Collegeboy Guest

Make friends? LOL I thought the US just wanted to piss everyone off and rule the world?

Prevent the US from doing what it is doing? Veto? Oh… you mean like what FRANCE is doing? LOL

The UN is a joke. The UN has members on the Security Council that have NO right being there. The UN has members on the Civil Rights Council that have committed and continue to commit GROSS civil rights violations themselves. LOL Need I go on? Not likely.

The UN is in business to keep the UN in business… period. They don’t care one bit about the world.
    Yes veto as in what France, Russia, and Chinia will us probably.

This site is rather interesting.

http://www.iht.com/articles/88413.html

Also the UN can be useful and it can not be useful, depending on where your morals are. I find the UN rather useful.

I question everything I know everyday.
    Collegeboy, that is called paranoia.

I thought that freedom of speach was one thing you guys hold high probably higher than any other value??

Why is it Shartly, that you are getting so personal with Colledgeboy??? why do you have to resort to bullying to get your point across?? to me that shows YOU have to grow up!

Yes veto as in what France, Russia, and Chinia will us probably.

This site is rather interesting.

http://www.iht.com/articles/88413.html

Also the UN can be useful and it can not be useful, depending on where your morals are. I find the UN rather useful.
    To Veto takes a backbone…. Something the French have had a history of showing very little of. Only now that they have “business” at stake do they stiffen up.

And of course YOU would find the UN rather useful. That does not surprise me one bit.

Originally posted by Lone Brain Cell
    I thought that freedom of speach was one thing you guys hold high probably higher than any other value??

Why is it Shartly, that you are getting so personal with Colledgeboy??? why do you have to resort to bullying to get your point across?? to me that shows YOU have to grow up!
    Yes, I am a mean man.

I have to grow up? LOL YOU want some of me too? LOLROF I have earned the right to get a bit riled up… something I don’t often do here on AO. Got a problem with that? Too bad. Everyone is intitled to stepping across the line now and again…. Even ME…. but I suppose YOU never lose your cool? I suppose YOU never get pissed off? I suppose YOU never do anything that someone might consider less than “mature” or that would cause someone to say you need to “grow up”. Bah… unless that is true, have a nice day.

There is a difference between getting pissed off & bilittling people, Just because he has different views than you doesnt mean he isnt intelligent.

why does being a "Johnny come lately" hold any credit to your argument??? spending more time in AO than someone else isnt a real good point just shows you need more of a life mate

There is a difference between getting pissed off & bilittling people, Just because he has different views than you doesnt mean he isnt intelligent.

why does being a "Johnny come lately" hold any credit to your argument??? spending more time in AO than someone else isnt a real good point just shows you need more of a life mate
    I didn’t say I spend more time on AO.. I have just been here longer. There is a difference…. MATE.

Also, I never said he wasn’t intelligent.. in fact I have said he WAS… I just said he was a fool. Again, there is a difference. As well as he does not maintain his posts are “views” he states them as FACTS… which they are far from being. He speaks of things he has no first hand knowledge of, yet passes off the words of people who HAVE had first hand knowledge of those very same things.

Yes, I got pissed off. And being that this is not common for me on AO, I will not apologize for it. This issue is very important to me and I tend to be very passionate about things that mean a lot to me…… and I will not apologize for that either.

And as a former Police Officer I can tell you more than a few things about human nature, emotion, and the average (as well as not average) person….. because I had to deal with it.
    Now we are getting way off topic but I have something to add here. I've known alot of police officers in martial arts and a couple of them observed to me that there is a danger in getting an us versus them attitude. As one put it you are often dealing with undesirable sorts. Even when you are dealing with "regular" folks they typically don't want to talk to you or are getting a speeding ticket, etc.

I would say as a police officer you learn elements in human nature and elements of the world that many of us never get to see (or want to see for that matter). However these are elements and not the totality. My point is that being a police officer, a soldier, and most especially a college student does not mean that we can't learn from other perspectives.

EDIT:

Other people were typing while I was typing. This is not a post to attack Shartely or suggest that he should grow up etc. To tell you the truth I actually enjoy Shartley's presence on the board because he offers a radically different opinion than my own and advocates it strongly. Note that I would not be interested in this board if everyone agreed with me. Yes he can get heated but this board would not be the same without him. On the other hand, however, I feel that he seems to get a little too riled where Collegeboy is concerned.
    Last edited by aaron_mag; 03-10-2003 at 08:48 PM.

Fair Call

Step back

LBC, Collegeboy sometimes refuses to accept some facts. The Palestinians celebrating 9/11 even though it was carried on multiple networks. He sometimes seem to question things for the sake of POing people.

I would also be careful if I were you before jumping into a battle of wits as unarmed as your name implies !

P.S. Leave KHartley out of it or Sam will really get mean on you. He will let her loose to tear you up!

Re: Step back

Originally posted by 1stdeadeye

LBC, Collegeboy sometimes refuses to accept some facts. The Palestinians celebrating 9/11 even though it was carried on multiple networks. He sometimes seem to question things for the sake of POing people.

I would also be careful if I were you before jumping into a battle of wits as unarmed as your name implies !

P.S. Leave KHartley out of it or Sam will really get mean on you. He will let her loose to tear you up!
    Hey, hey..... I'm not sticking up for CB all I am saying is you dont need to get so personal thats all. CB has just as much right to express his views as anyone else.
    & wadda ya mean that he doesnt accept The Palestinians celebrating 9/11??? that was all over the news for weeks??

Unhappy Huh?

Did you read the same post I did? I didn't get an us versus the world sentiment from Sam's post. He said screw those that don't like us. I am fine with that. CB-No matter how hard you try, you will never ever get everyone to agree to everything at one time. Hell you even pointed out that in the WWII declaration. When the US declared war after being attacked, we still had 1 congressman vote against the war!

As for the potential terrorist, I strongly feel that Sam, myself and even you are vastly different then them. We value human life. Any group that preaches suicide as a way to heaven is evil. I am not condeming Islam as there are many peaceful practitioners of it. People of all religions have commited evil acts in the name of God, but they were all evil people. I for one value my life far to much to intentionaly kill myself to take out an enemy. I am not a coward and would fight for my country if called, however dieing in battle and blowing myself up are two vastly different things, so yes apotential terrorist with no value for life (theirs or others) is vastly different from us! *

*Postal workers not included

Re: Step back

LOL It is cool 1st… there is more to what is being said, than what is being said. LBC is fine.
    LOLROF I will let her know you said that. She will get a kick out of it.

Yes.. LBC, if you go back and read the whole thread, post per post, you will see a lot of that type of stuff. Heck, we don’t even have proof that we went to the moon….. according to CB. And there is more. 1st hit the nail on the head when he said CB seems to question things for the sake of POing people…. Well… he did a good job of it.

Here you go!

Your post seemed like it was saying I shouldn't question things, in particular the Palestinian incident. I am saying that it is good and right to question things. How do we know the world is round, physics and common sense tells us that. How do we know that we went to the moon? We don't. How do we know that the Palestinians were in the streets dancing and celebrating 911? We don't.

Here is his post LBC. Stating opionion as fact annoys me. I do not like to be annoyed.

On the Flip side I really like CB. He makes me laugh!

Collegeboy Guest
    I don't see the logic behind Palestinians celebrating in the streets, but that is ok. I said that there is a person that gave a report on television where she said that she was there at that time, and there wasn’t any public outcries of joy on 911. She said it was actually an old footage showed. Take from that what you wish, just don't make me say something I didn't say.

Edit. Yes I said how do we know, we don't. Just like I said how do we know we went to the moon. But I do think we went to the moon. We have new footage of the celebration in Palestine. Do you know how easy that is to fix.

Nippinout, no it isn't paranoia it is a statement. I question everything that I am told is true. Everyone should do that.

If I would be presented with facts that disprove my position then I will change my ideas. As simple as that. Until this point, I have been presented with facts to change my opinion.

Prove It

I don't see the logic behind Palestinians celebrating in the streets, but that is ok. I said that there is a person that gave a report on television where she said that she was there at that time, and there wasn’t any public outcries of joy on 911. She said it was actually an old footage showed. Take from that what you wish, just don't make me say something I didn't say.

Edit. Yes I said how do we know, we don't. Just like I said how do we know we went to the moon. But I do think we went to the moon. We have new footage of the celebration in Palestine. Do you know how easy that is to fix.
    When you have a set of facts that is verified by two or moreINDEPENDANT and reputable organizations(here CNN, MSNBC, FOX NEWS, and AL-Jezera) then they are facts, not opinions or conspiracies. Where did you see this show? WHat show was it? I'll do some digging on my own. Come to the plate with facts! If not, then don't be suprised when some one calls you on "I saw it"!