Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: IRAQ THREAD originaly "Seems at least one Brit agrees with me....er us."

Collegeboy Guest
    Shartley do you read my post?

Just asking. I said that there are people in every country who are anti-American. But the majority of those who are called anti-American by people like your self are not anti-American.

Get that, now we can move on.

Bush is the President of the US. By burning a doll of him, you are showing your disapproval of Bush, IF THAT IS WHAT YOU MEANT IT TO BE. But if you meant it as a symbol of the US, then that is anti-American.

Get that, now let’s move on.

I said that in response to the statement said about Palestinians. The fact is we don't know that the protest actually happened, do we. NO, we may believe, but we don't know. If you have a problem with me questioning what we are just suppose to believe, do like you tell me, move out, go live someplace else. I am sure some middle eastern country will appreciate your idea that questioning is bad.

Well I did just read a report about a group of Iraq soldiers that surrendered to the British last week. Seems the British were conduction some exercizes near the border and the Iraqies found them and tried to surrender. However the British sent them back across the boarder with orders to wait until the war started. And they told them where they would be so that we wouldn't fire on them so they could.

There is a lot of this kind of stuff going on and seems a large contigent of Gulf War Gaurd are very nervous and cannot wait to surrender.

Also seems Turkey is revisiting the whole movement of troops through there. In fact there are some Turkish that are reporting that we already are moving people through there. And they explain that a large number of Turkish Parliment in error abstained for fear of retribussion and thought their abstentions would not count. And in fact under their Parlimentary rules an abstention counted as a no vote. And they were suprised to find out the resolution did not pass. And now are revisiting the whole issue. All the while their military is coordinating staging of our forces and coordination with Iraqie Kurds and Iranian Kurds over who will control what in Northern Iraq when it all goes down. They all want that part or a piece of it. And if the UN fails to get one board they will not have any say over how it's done! And in fact Turkey and Iran hope the UN does not approve it. That allows them to go in on thier ownd and they know we could care less! And in that case the US and Britan will let em have it. Its less territory to rebuild and control and police! You gotta love all this stuff!!!

Originally posted by Collegeboy
    Shartley do you read my post?

Just asking. I said that there are people in every country who are anti-American. But the majority of those who are called anti-American by people like your self are not anti-American.
    Well now.. there you go again. You live in a different world than I do, or so it seems. Where in THIS world have you seen me call people who simply disagree with something Anti-American? And don’t say you DIDN’T say “me” personally because you said people LIKE me and that indicates that I say the same thing. Get that? Now we can move on.
    Bush is the President of the US. By burning a doll of him, you are showing your disapproval of Bush, IF THAT IS WHAT YOU MEANT IT TO BE. But if you meant it as a symbol of the US, then that is anti-American.
    Under YOUR rules yes. But YOU don’t make the rules … thank GOD! When a person is the PRESIDENT they are not JUST a person. You don’t get it. And when a person burns a doll of OUR PRESIDENT it is an attack on US. You seem to think there is a distinction, when there is NOT.

Bush is not just some guy, he is our LEADER. He is the symbol and face of our nation. And when you deface an image of a sitting president, or burn an effigy of a sitting president, you are not simply making a statement about that person. You don’t get it… and I fear you never will.

But… let’s move on…..
    I said that in response to the statement said about Palestinians. The fact is we don't know that the protest actually happened, do we. NO, we may believe, but we don't know. If you have a problem with me questioning what we are just suppose to believe, do like you tell me, move out, go live someplace else. I am sure some middle eastern country will appreciate your idea that questioning is bad.
    Again, all MY examples are just as valid as what you just posted. Maybe the world is NOT round. How do we REALLY know? Maybe we never did send people to the moon? How do we REALLY know?

And if you EVER suggest that I am against questioning anything you had better be prepared to fight. How about that little boy? You have now pissed me off. There is a big difference between questioning and being an idiot… and you my friend have crossed that line. And I have put my LIFE on the line to protect YOUR right to be an idiot so don’t you DARE insinuate that I would be better off in some middle eastern country or am anything like them.

What a putz.

Collegeboy Guest
    A lot of people have put their life on the line so I can think the way I do. My father has, my grandfathers have, and I will once I get out of college.

Your post seemed like it was saying I shouldn't question things, in particular the Palestinian incident. I am saying that it is good and right to question things. How do we know the world is round, physics and common sense tells us that. How do we know that we went to the moon? We don't. How do we know that the Palestinians were in the streets dancing and celebrating 911? We don't.

I have been called anti-American by numerous people here and other places. If I got you mixed up with them and you didn't say it, I am sorry.

Does the majority of people use the picture of the president to mean the US, yes, but it doesn't have to mean the US.

Oh and I am far from little.

Unhappy *Shakes Head*

Are you kidding me? I have respected your arguments, not agreed with them, but could respect your point of view. Now you are just being dumb. The Palistinian Protests were carried LIVE by Al-Jezera and CNN. These are reliable sources, more so then your "I Heard It". You just knocked yourself down many pegs on my Intelligence Scale.

Facts are Facts. I was about to post a lecture to you about the word "IF" in a thread that disappeared. You are very fond of the word "IF". It can twist reality anyway you want. "IF" 9/11 did not happen, then the Democrats would control the Congress. "IF" 9/11 did not happen, the Dems would have fixed the economy. You need to remember the flipside of your "IF". We were on our way out of Clinton's recession when 9/11 happened. IF 9/11 did not occur, we would be chugging along fine now. We would have had no Airline Bankruptcies or Massive layoffs, The stockmarket would not have dropped 4% the day the markets reopened. The nationwide tourist dollars would still be flowing. In those kind of recoveries, Bush would have gotten the credit. Enron, K-Mart, MCI, Adelphia, and Global Crossings would not have plunged us back into the trouble we are in now economically. Your "IF"s are not a one way street, so stop using them! USE FACTS, MAKE YOUR POINTS, OR ZZZZZZIPPPPPP IT!

By the way IF my aunt had a ding a ling, she would be my Uncle!

Yadda Yadda Yadda... you don't have a clue. And even your last post showed that. My posts showed NOTHING what you say they showed.

Yes, a lot of people HAVE put their lives on the line so you can think the way you do... but YOU have not. And as one of those people who HAS, your posts are a pure insult. And I sure hope you change your ways of thinking before you join the military because guess what? A lot of the "rights" you now enjoy and hide behind will be GONE. Members of the Military lose many of the rights their civilian counterparts enjoy, and that THEY are there to protect... you have a lot to learn.

Yes, you are little... and "little" does not only indicate physical stature. Only IF (thought I would toss in one of your favorite words) the person using it intends it to mean that.

Thumbs down WRONG!

Your post seemed like it was saying I shouldn't question things, in particular the Palestinian incident. I am saying that it is good and right to question things. How do we know the world is round, physics and common sense tells us that. How do we know that we went to the moon? We don't. How do we know that the Palestinians were in the streets dancing and celebrating 911? We don't.

I am a putz!
    You should call Agent Mulder! You are a conspiracy theorists dream. We went to the moon, we have been in space. I saw a shuttle launch in person. If the space program is a fake, triple the special effects co-ordinators pay. The Palistinian celebration did happen! It has been documented by many many journalists. You need to realize that our government, heck most governments for that matter can't keep secrets. You think that CNN would have conspired with Bush to create that story. GW then called Qatar and asked Al-Jezera to dummy it up too. And no one blabbed the truth. All on the word of some one who "claims" to have been there that you don't know. I think Al-Jezera has quite a bit more credibility. If they were involved in a plot, don't you think it would have been to show their "Arab Brethren" in a better light then that?

You are falling further and further towards stupid! Yes, many people fought and died for your right in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, etc... My Family among them. This question authority teen angst act of yours is now getting very tiresome. Why don't you email Former Senator John Glenn with your Moon landing ideas? I would say contact Buzz or Neil, but they would proably slap the tast out of your mouth. Better yet, go to DC. Go to the Air & Space Museum and look at the moon rocks. Read the breakdown of them. Is that enough scientific evidence for you?

You really are acting like a goof now. I have enjoyed debating you, but now you are grasping at straws. Stick with facts!

cphilip, that is hilarious! Possible for you to find a linky?

The Iraqi military must be having shortages of white fabric lately. They are acting almost... French!

Liberalism is a persistent vegatative state.
    I said that in response to the statement said about Palestinians. The fact is we don't know that the protest actually happened, do we. NO, we may believe, but we don't know.
    Sorry CB, there was PLENTY of TV coverage of the Palestinians partying in the streets after 9-11. PLENTY. It is irrefutable.

Collegeboy Guest
    Please someone go back and find out where I said we didn't go to the moon. You can't. I said how do we know we went to the moon. We don't know. I believe we did go, but we don't know. The only persons that know were the people in NASA at that time.

You all claim I twist people’s ideas, but in every post I have to say what I said, and what I didn't say. So who is twisting words now?

When I type IF, it is supposed to be If, I just type fast and type the f before I get my finger off the shift key.

I don't believe in many conspiracy theories, but I do question what the news says we are suppose to believe, and I sure hope you all do too.

Collegeboy, your lack of logic astounds me.

Some even more interesting news...

This link is to a Chicago Suntimes article. This paper is very liberal and more often that not puts a scoff on these things. But in this case there is a decidedly somber tone and no effort to dispell this story. And its been reported a few time over the last few weeks. So far no evidence to dispute it has been uncovered.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/iraq/...-iraq09s1.html

As to that other story I am trying to find the link to it but the fellow who reported it has not gotten back to me with the link yet.

I believe I saw on the history channel that Iraqi soldiers were surrendering to those remote control planes in the last gulf war (planes were used to guide missiles to targets). The Iraqis saw the plane and then surrendered to it. I'd probably do the same thing.

As for College Boys comments I hope he doesn't believe that we haven't gone to the moon. I think he is trying to say that we really can't believe everything on TV.

I on the other hand believe that Palestinians were dancing around after 9/11. It pissed me off nearly as much as when I saw US Soldiers being dragged through the streets during that Black Hawk Down incident. At the same time the whole Palestinian issue is not easy. Who knows if there will ever be peace in that region. We would not like it if someone took our homes and farms.

Army is proud to have served for 15 years. There is NOTHING wrong with that and we should be thankful to service men (even you Shartley:P ). My only point was that we should not point our fingers at our allies and call them ingrates when the diplomacy of our leaders has been less that stellar.

EDIT:

Should also say that now Saddam is making demands of the UN. He may see a UN united front against him afterall!
    ULE Body Level 10 Automag intelliframe + retrovalve

Apparently there is now some rethinking of thier postions going on. The UN does not want to be left out of the division of Northern Iraw by Iran and Turkey and if they are not in then it may happen and we may let it. And all the suddent the French are not so confident about their position now on all this...

Read this too by the way. Not all Hollywood is not in touch with the rest of the world. Army will get a kick out of this one.

http://www.snopes.com/military/margret.htm

Collegeboy Guest
    Originally posted by nippinout
    Collegeboy, your lack of logic astounds me.
    Feelings mutual.

Cphillip. I didn't see anywhere in the first one where it said where, just in Iraq. ( I am a little warn out right now so I might have missed it) But I would guess that if the US did come under that kind of attack in Iraq, it would be from the areas under the Northern Fly zone, for that is the region that the US and Iraq said Al Queda is.

Doesn't say and Officialy no one will comment on the intelligence either confirm or deny...

Collegeboy Guest
    Originally posted by cphilip
    Doesn't say and Officialy no one will comment on the intelligence either confirm or deny...
    I wouldn't expect them to either

But I do remember a year or so ago the US and Iraq both agreed that Al Queda was in the Northern No Fly Zone. The US was putting pressure on Iraq to do something about it. Saddam was like sure, are you now giving me permission to fly in the no fly zone or to send troops in that area (They are stationed around Kurdish villages)). Bush was like NO. I know that kind of stuff isn't funny, but I got a kick out of it when I heard it.

GROW UP!

Please someone go back and find out where I said we didn't go to the moon. You can't. I said how do we know we went to the moon. We don't know. I believe we did go, but we don't know. The only persons that know were the people in NASA at that time. I only questioned it because I am too smart for all of you-I am the smartest man in the world and am always right!

When I type IF, it is supposed to be If, I just type fast and type the f before I get my finger off the shift key.

I don't believe in many conspiracy theories, but I do question what the news says we are suppose to believe, and I sure hope you all do too.
    First, the moon landing is a fact. You can not dispute it. They brought back evidence!! That evidence has been reviewed by the scientific community. Unless we have a world wide conspiracy of Governments, Scientists, Nasa, and Hollywood (who else could have done that footage) it is a fact and therefore your use of this as a question is dead wrong.

Next, I was lecturing you about the use of the word "if". I capitalized it for emphasis. You use the word "if" in a lot of your arguments. As "if" isn't "is", those points are all mute. You can not ever say this or that would have happened with certainty since it did not! I am saying to you that we are debating what is now, not what you think should have happened.

Finally, it depends on the source. IF the Palistinian Party was only reported by Rush Limbaugh or some other conservative mouthpiece, I would have questioned it. It WAS reported on by many respected news departments including CNN (Commie News Network). Those tree-huggers would have covered it up if anything!

Actualy Saddam has plenty of troops in the no fly zone and in fact recently has moved lots of radar and anti aircraft missles into it and even has fired on our planes many times in the last month. We are taking many of them out when they lock on with the radar. Every since the inspectors came back in he has escalated this activity there in the no fly zone. That is part of his game. You do not have to fly something to do this and he is moving around freely in there with ground forces. Not sure why this would be funny that you say he wanted to do it with air only. If indeed that were true and he was to have said that then it would only serve to prove what a joke anything he says is. That would not help your cause much. If they are there, he knows where they are and is supplying them by ground. Or at least someone is and who else would it be? He controls the ground there. We do not have forces in there. We only do not allow him to fly in that area. They cannot live out there without food and water...

Here it is!

How do we know that we went to the moon? We don't. How do we know that the Palestinians were in the streets dancing and celebrating 911? We don't.

Oh and I am far from little.
    Your quote! Bad example to use, eh?

I think Sam was calling you a mental midget, not a munchkin. Although Sam does a mean rendition of "We represent the Lollipop Guild".

Collegeboy Guest
    The report said that Al queda was stationed around the Kurdish Villages, where Saddam can't be at. I find it funny for Bush is telling Saddam to do something that Bush is giving protection to, and Saddam can't do anything about.

Do you think Saddam giving the chance would push his enemies out (yes Al Queda and Saddam ar enemies)? I think Saddam would do it in a heart beat. When you look at these you have got to know that Saddam is a hated man in the fundamentalist islamic area. He is just as big of a satan as the US is. He stands for everything that they hate. Giving the chance each other would try and kill the other.

1stdeadeye
    Grow up?, who is the one editing quotes

The word "if" if fine. For we are talking about what will happen. No one ever got anywhere by only talking about the present.

Collegeboy Guest

Re: Here it is!

Originally posted by 1stdeadeye

You're quote!

I think Sam was calling you a mental midget, not a munchkin. Although Sam does a mean rendition of "We represent the Lollipop Guild".
    A mental miget?, more like a mental titan

next round!

1stdeadeye

The word "if" if fine. For we are talking about what will happen. No one ever got anywhere by only talking about the present.
    You finally caught it! That is my attempt at levity. I did it to Aarron_Mag too. I find it funny! BTW I edited a bunch of them because no one ever reads them. It makes them that much funnier.

"If" is fine for the future, but you have been using to argue the recent past which "is". Use it the right way and we are cool. I can't dispute the future as none of us know what it truly holds. I can tell you when you are wrong. The last election was a major victory for Bush-no ifs ands or buts about it!

Re: Re: Here it is!

A mental miget? Yes, that about sums me up!

Collegeboy Guest

Re: next round!

You finally caught it! That is my attempt at levity. I did it to Aarron_Mag too. I find it funny! BTW I edited a bunch of them because no one ever reads them. It makes them that much funnier.

"If" is fine for the future, but you have been using to argue the recent past which "is". Use it the right way and we are cool. I can't dispute the future as none of us know what it truly holds. I can tell you when you are wrong. The last election was a major victory for Bush-no ifs ands or buts about it!
    Oh you are talking about the would Bush be as popular if 911 didn't happen, and would the Reps have won. That is a valid idea of questioning. And is one which will be discussed in college PSC 101 classes from now on. And if, is a valid useage in that case.

Re: Re: next round!

Oh you are talking about the would Bush be as popular if 911 didn't happen, and would the Reps have won. That is a valid idea of questioning. And is one which will be discussed in college PSC 101 classes from now on. And if, is a valid useage in that case.
    My degree is in Poly Sci. I know that for a classroom debate that is valid. To try and translate that debate onto the current situation is not.

Stick to the topic or we will have to declare you off point and subtract points.

Now where were we....ah yes, French Jokes:

How does the French Army march into battle?

With Arms raised over their heads!

that was great.
    [*img]http://www.browndotdesign.com/Xodus/AO/YeahThatsMe.jpg[/img]
    Image too large- Tato

Collegeboy Guest

Re: Re: Re: next round!

My degree is in Poly Sci. I know that for a classroom debate that is valid. To try and translate that debate onto the current situation is not.

Stick to the topic or we will have to declare you off point and subtract points.

Now where were we....ah yes, French Jokes:

How does the French Army march into battle?

With Arms raised over their heads!
    It had something to do with the present topic (not the topic this thread was meant for, for somewhere we took a 90 degree.) when I brought it up.

The report said that Al queda was stationed around the Kurdish Villages, where Saddam can't be at. I find it funny for Bush is telling Saddam to do something that Bush is giving protection to, and Saddam can't do anything about.

Do you think Saddam giving the chance would push his enemies out (yes Al Queda and Saddam ar enemies)? I think Saddam would do it in a heart beat. When you look at these you have got to know that Saddam is a hated man in the fundamentalist islamic area. He is just as big of a satan as the US is. He stands for everything that they hate. Giving the chance each other would try and kill the other.

1stdeadeye

In Bin Ladens own words they are united in killing Americans. In that they agree. And the Kurds can be rolled by Saddam any time he was to chose. And some of them work and live right in Bagdad. And Saddam looks to terrorists to sell his goodies. Simple as that. Hate makes strange bed fellows. Never discount that. Its real...

You need to spend more time studying history from All sources. Not just spouting what you hear from fellow student and liberaly faculty who notoriously do not keep up with current events of wish to interpret all the information at their disposal. Students tend to take thier information as facts from Zealots that losely interpret things in their own fashion. Colleges typically are not the real world. It's not as simple as it seems. And at your age you tend to think you know it all armed with little information. And in 20 years I want to talk to you again....

Washington... AKA 'Cocker Country... Come get Some!

Get that, now let’s move on.
    Ok, if that's the case, then People should be able to burn crucifixes, saying that they don't agree with Jesus' teachings, but have no problem with christianity, right?

Yeah, that's why al queda blew up Iraqi... oh wait Nevermind.

My Trading Feedback

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
    -Edmond Burke