Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: IRAQ THREAD originaly "Seems at least one Brit agrees with me....er us."

Liberalism is a persistent vegatative state.
    it's started. Ari says:

"The liberation of Iraq has begun".

Collegeboy Guest
    Originally posted by FactsOfLife

how little you know boy.

he was a liason officer with the army. attached to the British 2nd.

I think this is the part where you remove your foot from your mouth?

or better yet, do us a favor and keep it there.

you're a perfect example of why children should be seen and not heard.
    I might be younger then you, but you are the one acting immature here.

I was simply saying it was impossile for a US army to go onto the beach at Gold for that was the britsh. It is different since your grandfather was attached to the British Army.

Collegeboy Guest
    Originally posted by FactsOfLife
    it's started. Ari says:

"The liberation of Iraq has begun".
    Didn't he say, the disarmament of Iraq has begun.

So far the theory is that these are small surgical strikes to get the leadership and not drag it out and spare the Iraqis people. The president will speak at 10:15

I will end debate and heavily edit wether or not types of debate after that point and switch to the other thread. Be forwarned. this is not a political site and you have been allowed special lee way up until now.

So far there are no sightings of fighters. Jet sounds were most likely Tomahawk missles. President to speak @ 10:15 eastern time.

Latest is it was a "target of oportunity" that presented itself that caused the Bagdad strikes. That means someone "Special" presented himself to a strike we could not pass up...

Ok we move to supporting our people no matter what you think is the reason. Be aware that it will be limited to events and not conjecture. NO ALLOWANCES for people to get into Flame fests and Politics beyond what is going on over there.

God Bless American and its Allies and keep them safe and the people of Iraq safe and through this troubled time. We shall have peace and prosperity for all of us. I know we will.

This was written by some young college students that I truely feel are the heart of this country and I agree with it and could not say it better;

**Why are you for going to war in Iraq?

The primary reason of course is national security. September 11 was a clarion call that America faces a new threat, a threat perhaps even more dangerous than the Soviet Union. That threat is Islamo-fascism.

Now due to a successful campaign in Afghanistan, the Taliban is no more, and Al-Qaeda was largely disrupted. However, it is not enough to simply go after the terrorists themselves, we must also change the conditions that breed them.

The reality is that Moslems are no different than any other group of people, in that when a society is run by tyranny, when there is no economic, social or civil liberty, this breeds frustration, poverty, alienation, and fear. The people in these countries, rather than look to themselves as the cause of their problems, instead need a scapegoat, an enemy, which the dictator is always happy to provide.

Take the issue of the Palestinians. The Arabs have six million square miles of land. They could give their Palestinian brothers a state tomorrow, and with one day's oil profits give every one of them a bar of gold. Instead, the Arab dictators prop up Arafat and his loathsome gang of oppressors, and brainwash their people to be pure monsters. When mothers happily send their children off to bomb buses and schools, this is not based on any rational grievance. No, this is endemic of a sick, utterly immoral, anti-life culture that serves only one purpose: to keep tyrants in power.

For the last 50 years, Israel has been the shock absorbers for Western Civilization, taking the blows, fighting the fight. But Islamic fundamentalism has escalated this war into a global clash of civilizations. It's similar to the Cold War in that it is Freedom vs. Statism, but what makes it even more dangerous is that Islamic terrorists are so utterly irrational, so willing to kill just for the sake of killing. This menace must be stopped.

So the best reason for going to war with Iraq is that it is time to start draining the swamp of Islamo-fascism. If we see this through, not just the toppling of Saddam, but the rebuilding of Iraq as a free republic, then it is our hope that it will become a paragon of hope for that benighted region.

This is the only way we will ever achieve real national security. But it is more than just about our safety. It is about the moral duty of the greatest country in the history of this planet, the United States of America, to bring freedom to all corners of the globe. We are the only ones capable of doing it. So to all the Iraqi men, women and children who at this moment are being tortured in Saddam's prisons, we have one thing to say to you: The cavalry is on its way.

Credits to and all and more can be found at http://www.protestwarrior.com/
    Last edited by cphilip; 03-21-2003 at 11:16 PM.