Thread: Need Legal Advice!

Need Legal Advice!

Hey everyone, I am deeply saddened to say I have lost $320 through a new payment system called Stormpay. You can visit them through stormpay.com Anyways, someone sent me money with this, and the money got transfered to my account, my trader was charged, and its been 3weeks sense i requested a check, and they have not even processed it yet. What i want to know is: what can i do about this? Do they have the right to do this? Should i take legal action? If so how? Where? Sorry about all the questions but this is important. THank you.

\
    \\
    |\\
    ||\\
    |||\\
    ||

I was wondering if anyone else would answer this… but no one has. How about this? Read your terms of service and your account agreements…. I think if you do that, you will answer your own question.

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman

An Idea

If they will not give you your money here is an option.

Have the trader who sent you the money goe to his bank and fill out an Unathorized ACH Debit Affidavit. He would then complete it revoking the ACH he did to credit you. Stormpay would have to return the money to him. It takes about 30 days for this to happen. He can then mail you a money order for your $. This would be time consuming for him, so you would probably have to throw him a bone, like a freebee or a break on the price, but you would get your money back then.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the idea 1st eye. Does anyone know an only lawfirm or someone i can contact by email and ask them?

Have you tried just contacting the company?

The place I work for gets sued constantly and we receive letters from laywers all the time. It doesn't make things happen faster to get a laywer involved if its just a bookkeeping error, or more likely, your error (wrong address, wrong account number, mail being forwarded, etc etc).

Originally posted by Restola
    Have you tried just contacting the company?

The place I work for gets sued constantly and we receive letters from laywers all the time. It doesn't make things happen faster to get a laywer involved if its just a bookkeeping error, or more likely, your error (wrong address, wrong account number, mail being forwarded, etc etc).
    This is VERY true… and then you have to determine if litigation is worth the price to DO so. If you are not careful, the cost to get a “judgment” in your favor may be more than your initial loss was… and then that is not saying the money will by YOURS, you still have to collect it, judgment or not.

?

Originally posted by fearc7
    Thanks for the idea 1st eye. Does anyone know an only lawfirm or someone i can contact by email and ask them?
    You don't need a lawyer for that option. The buyers bank would handle the whole transaction. There is no legal action involved. The other party's bank would reclaim the money from Stormpay. No ifs ands or buts. It is a part of the ACH system, so the refund would be handled bank to bank leaving Stormpay out the money with no recourse.