Thread: p4 mobo recomendations

p4 mobo recomendations

what is the best chipset to get for a p4 mobo. i'm looking to get one that will support a 2-3ghz chip and also has support for a RAID setup. also, is their much difference between a 533mhz fsb and a 800mhz fsb, and will i need a certain mobo to support either? for about the same price i could get a 2.66ghz cpu with 533mhz fsb or a 2.4ghz cpu with 800mhz fsb, should i go for the 800mhz fsb?

i was thinking about getting these:

http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage....072&id=1001095

http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage....922&id=1001093
    Last edited by e mag; 06-20-2003 at 05:47 PM.

Check out www.newegg.com for cpu and mobo.

They have some of the best prices i have seen anywhere, and their shipping isn't bad either.

I ordered all the components for my new system from them including a 19" monitor, case, cpu, mobo, vid card, keyboard, mouse, etc. etc. and the shipping was $14.00 via fedex. NO LIE!!!
    <---Should be banned for circumventing the cuss filter.

yeah i've ordered some stuff from them before, the're pretty good. was it a crt monitor? that must have been a promotion or something, 14$ for shipping on all of that is a great deal. anyone have any recomendations for the chipset though?

check out directron I buy a lot of stuff from them. Asus are real good boards. See which processor is better for overclocking.

Asus and MSI boards are what have been reccomended to me. My frineds have postive reviews about their Asus boards.

More bus > More ghz

You should also get a board with more bus.

Good Traders:
    Tunaman, K-villeplayer, Magman007, Mastersconi, Jon/xpm, Kenndogg

My feedback if you've dealt with me, leave some...

Fruitcat: it's what AO doesn't like.

yeppers it was a crt. a lot of there stuff is free shipping. not really a promotion.

i'm not that worried about overclocking, and i was thinking about the asus p4p800.

The four P4 computers that I've built over the past 3 months have all been fitted with an ASUS P4PE. Great board, supports hyperthreading, and has caused me no problems whatsoever (unlike my Abit VP6 )

It looks like the 875 chip-set is one of the hottest Intel chipsets out. I personal like MSI boards, and have been building systems with them for about 4 years now with no problems. Check out there newest 875 based board http://www.msicomputer.com/product/d...875P_NEO-FIS2R
    It has 533/800 fsb, ata133/sata150/raid, and hyperthreading. It should fit all the things your looking for.
    If you want to get the most performance from you memory get a MB that supports dual channel 400mhz DDR, this will require you to run a 800fsb CPU, but its worth it.
    Last edited by Nobody077; 06-21-2003 at 01:13 PM.
    Great Traders: RogueFactor,Doobie

i think i'm going to go with the asus p4p800 delux, or the p4c800 delux if i can afford it. i like msi too (have one now for my xp 1700+) but from what i've read, the 865pe chipset that the p4p800 has outperforms a lot of other boards that have the 875 chipset.