Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis AO Day - April 26th, Tom Kaye will be there!!

Thumbs up Indianapolis AO Day - April 26th, Tom Kaye will be there!!

Updates since initial posting:

Time, Friday AO dinnner info, Hotel info, updated list of attendees, paint info. Added info to 'Other Cool stuff' section.

The basic details:

AO's very own RiceRocket aka Manny Francia of Team Aftershock, will be hosting Indianapolis' very first AO Day on Saturday April 26, 2003. The 'Invasion of Indy' will be held at Manny's field (located just north of Indianapolis):

Proving Grounds Paintball
    4440 State Rd 47
    Sheridan, IN 46069

Time: 9am Central time to dark.

If your favorite mapping website doesn't come up with the exact address, Manny will be providing detailed directions sometime next week.

Before you ask, Proving Grounds does not have a web site at this time.

Directions to the Field:

From the North - I-65 South to exit 146 (Sheridan/SR 46), head East on 46 for 15 miles, field on the left.

From South - I-65 North to exit 146, same as above.

From everywhere else, you can punch in Sheridan, IN into any mapping site and it will get you to the town. The field is located right off of SR 46, just west of the town. We have a sign for the field and you can see the hyperball fields from the road.

Field Details:

Proving Grounds is all concept fields. Currently, there are 4 fields: 2 5-man and 2 10-man fields. By the time the Indy AO day comes about, there should be a total of 5-6 fields:

2 5-man Hyperball
    1 10-man Sup Air
    1 5-man Sup air
    the AGD field as seen at IAO 2002
    and possibly a Castle

Pricing:

Proving Ground is Field Paint Only. Manny has generously offered to give us AOers some special pricing for that weekend. You'll see 2 prices in each line below in the format: normal price/AO prices for the event

Field fee $15 / $8 (includes all day air fills)

Paint:
    Draxxus Blaze $65 / 60
    Draxxus Midnight $60 / 50

Friday AO dinner:

8pm at
    TGI Friday's
    14921 US Highway 31 North
    Carmel, IN 46032

Here's a link to a map to the restaraunt: http://tgifridays.know-where.com/tgi...cgi/site?01580

Other Cool Stuff:

In addition to making it's air field available for the event, AGD will be giving away some Warp Feeds and will also have special pricing for AGD products for those who attend.

New/cool info: Some Aftershock players (see the list below) will be attending...maybe have some 5 AOers vs 3 Aftershock guys? Think you guys can beat them? Come and find out!

Should we get a good amount of people attending, there may be other guest stars in attendance, in addtion to Tom Kaye. Who they are shall at this time remain a mystery!

So who all is coming?? Sign up now!!!

Hotel & Restaraunt info:

For those needing a hotel, the best and most centralized location is a Best Western in Westfield, located at US 31 and SR 32. The rate they gave me is $65/night. However, if you make your reservations under "AO Day" the rate is $62 plus tax. Not the best, I realize, but it's the only one that would work. It is halfway between the field and all of the restaurants. The number to the hotel is 317-867-5678.

As for AO dinner, we have a choice of many of the national chain restaurants, from TGI Fridays, AppleBees, Don Pablos, Chilis, to Old Country Buffet and Steak and Shake.

Confirmed Attendees:

Tom Kaye (AGD)
    RiceRocket aka Manny of Team Aftershock & Team Maxim
    Ronnie Simpkins also of Aftershock
    Rollin Issacs also of Aftershock
    Gunga
    scm23
    yeahthatsme +1
    Gambit1106 +1
    Zer0Kid
    Titansu
    zabbu +2

Might be attending:

John
    OnlyKind
    MAGma 14
    Crazy
    the123

Sooooooo...who else is coming?
    Last edited by Gunga; 04-23-2003 at 09:31 PM.

wish i could be there

You guys have to do it in my home town don't you.

Being as it's on my birthday and all, I may have to come to this one. Lets see where the finances lead.

EDIT:It looks like I won't be making it. Too many commitments now. Bummer.

G
    Last edited by Sinistarr; 04-01-2003 at 03:04 AM.
    TAG Factory Support Team
    Rebuildable Angel Ball Detents for LED, LCD, IR3! as well as ALL ULE bodies
    Old age and treachery will prevail over youth and skill!

My Feedback Thread
    TAG Sportz
    COG

Too far away for me to drive...

Total Distance: 202.44 miles
    Total Estimated Time: 3 hours, 46 minutes

(that adds up to around 7.5 hrs total driving in one day)

***I might be able to still work something out that includes getting a hotel...I am but a poor college person still living at home
    Last edited by WaRBladE; 03-15-2003 at 04:10 AM.
    Camo Green MicroMag #CF33558
    lvl 10 kit on 68 Automag A.I.R. Valve
    16 in. Black Aluminum Freak w/ All American Tip
    Black Blade Intelliframe
    12v Revvy w/ TurboRev
    Nitro Duck 88/3000 w/ Centerflag Hyper Flow 301 Reg

I was just talking with my team captain and crap today and I think I am going to be in a rookie/novice tournament that day.

Sorry about not being able to make it...

hey hey now, AGDJON is ours back up foo

Originally posted by dansim
    hey hey now, AGDJON is ours back up foo
    Just noticed that. It's okay. You can have him. I see him too often anyway.

I might be able to come down, all depends on if i have practice that weekend or not.
    "I thought it through and my worst brings out the best in you." - Taking Back Sunday
    "Cheating gets it faster." - Jimmy Eat World.

Paintball outfitters
    Boostie Bomb

anymore info ? it has been a while, just wondering if anything new is happening

Cool I might actually be able to make this one. I go down there all the time anyways. Who here at AO can make this?
    Hitmanng

Marks calender.

I'll try to be there.

well i've been thinking of getting a mag, so i may need to show up so i can check some out in person =]

I'm, going hopefully
    when the magma erupts say goodbye

Update

Hey guys, just wanted to add some more info.

For those needing a hotel, the best and most centralized location is a Best Western in Westfield, located at US 31 and SR 32. The rate they gave me is $65/night. Not the best, I realize, but it's the only one that would work. It is halfway between the field and all of the restaurants. The number to the hotel is 317-867-5678.

As for AO dinner, we have a choice of many of the national chain restaurants, from TGI Fridays, AppleBees, Don Pablos, Chilis, to Old Country Buffet and Steak and Shake.

As for the Castle field JJ mentioned, it unfortunately won't be ready for AO day. Everything else he mentioned will be there, though.

More info to come...

Forgot to mention that reservations can be made under "AO Day" and I got them to lower it a few more bucks to $62 plus tax.
    Last edited by RiceRocket; 04-09-2003 at 07:35 PM.
    Manny

got any pics of the fields?

I will be there for sure I have been there several times, the fields are nice and the people treat you right...........plus Manny fixed my level 10 so I am kind of biased

Shane

What time does it start?

I am going to see if any of the ppl in my club at school (Southern Il Univ) what to drive out there. I have heard it is about a 2 1/2 drive to Indy from here.
    Oddball

C'mon guys! How 'bout it, an AO Day at my field, the best field in Indiana. We just completed an ICC tournament last weekend, and we got nothing but compliments. The weather was awesome, over 300 participants, flat grass fields.

We typically open at 9 am and go until the last person leaves or dark, whichever comes first. Of course, we can start at whatever time we feel like stumbling out of bed. The hotel is only 8 miles away. We'll have two 5-man regulation size hyperball fields, and two 10-man regulation airball fields (the AGD field and the PMI "Fish" field from two World Cups ago) set up!

Heck, we could have our own AO tournament. Let's see, a 3-man Open (Pros allowed) and medals and prizes for 1st thru 3rd.

Or just open play - AO take on all comers!

So, what do you guys think? Any suggestions?

This is gonna be great!

Ahhh, I wish I could make it. The fields sound great Manny. Dang wedding kinda puts a nix on that weekend tough.

Buuut, I'll definately see everyone at the Megameet in May!

Well I will try to talk to wife into letting me go since I am not going to the mega meet. I'll have to put in the vacation request.
    Plus Gunga has been bugging me to go.

I'll try to make it to the dinner, don't know about the game. It all kinda depends if I get this e-mag or not.
    US Army Rangers lead the way -- Hooah

Originally posted by Oddball
    What time does it start?
    The time and a bunch of other details have been added to the 1st post. Check it out!

i don't have to work that day, looks like i'll be heading down.

OMG I MIGHT ACTUALLY GET TO GO AND MEET TOM KAYE!!! wooooo hoooooo.... going to talk to the parents.
    [*img]http://www.browndotdesign.com/Xodus/AO/YeahThatsMe.jpg[/img]
    Image too large- Tato

could somebody that has them email me the waivers and stuph? i need to get them signed before i go being underaged and my parents not going... please send them to the1whoknowsnothin@hotmail.com thanks.

yeahthatsme- how are you getting down there? I am coming in from Plainfield, but am deciding if I am going on Friday or Saturday. Either way someone can always sign a waiver if you need. E-mail me at daugustyn32@attbi.com or on AIM Gambit1106

Originally posted by yeahthatsme
    could somebody that has them email me the waivers and stuph? i need to get them signed before i go being underaged and my parents not going... please send them to the1whoknowsnothin@hotmail.com thanks.
    You can download the waivers at: http://pub17.ezboard.com/findianacap...icID=662.topic

I'M GOING!!! the parents approved it!!! indiana here i come!

Hey guys...if you haven't read the 1st post lately, we do have some celebs besides TK coming. If you'd like to test your mettle against some pro players, we've got some coming. Maybe do a 5 AOers vs 3 Pros or something along those lines. We've got:

RiceRocket aka Manny of Team Aftershock & Team Maxim
    Ronnie Simpkins also of Aftershock
    Rollin Issacs also of Aftershock

Think you've got what it takes to be a pro? Well...now you can come along and find out! Or if not, you can at least get some tips from the guys.