Thread: How many more fills could I expect on a 100 cu ft vs an 80 cu ft scuba tank ?

How many more fills could I expect on a 100 cu ft vs an 80 cu ft scuba tank ?

How many more fills do you think I would get if I used a 100 cu ft 3000psi scuba vs an 80 cu ft tank ?

Depends

Depends on what size tank you have on your gun as to the number of extra fills. But percentage wise it should give you 25% more fills than an 80cuft tank.
    PROTECTING FREEDOM SINCE 1989

Battlegroup

Math...Making magic happen on a daily basis. 100cf is 20cf more than 80cf. So 20cf is 25% of 80cf. Therefore, if your getting for arguement sake, 10 fills from the 80c.f. tank, you'll get about 2-1/2 more fills from the 100cf tank. Figure out how many fills you get with the 80cf tank, and add 25% to that.
    WE ARE DEADCELL, AND WE WILL RUN THROUGH YOU

Dayspring - "We've had Clare at Shatnerball." "I'm confident that she can take 20 guys."

"I'd trade my cocker for some steady pu**y"

Duh that makes sense. It's too early still.
    Next question...Standard scuba tanks have a J valve. I was pricing tanks and found a 3300psi scuba with a K valve. What's the difference between the 2 valves ? I would assume I can only use tanks with J valves right ?

You would need a fill station for a K valve.

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant

Would that be a special order for a fill station with a K valve since most fill stations are made for J valves ?

Why not just order a 3300 with a J valve... Thats what I have.

Actually that's what I'm looking at now but I've checked out a few websites with the 3300 tanks and they all come with the K valve and I didn't think the K valve would work with the fill station. I don't even know what the difference is between J & K valves, do you ? I wonder if I can specify I only want one with a J valve ?

This may sound too simplistic, but why don't you give the dive shop a call, & ask them.

I planned on it but they were closed when I tried earlier.

**edit 2:20pm**
    I called the dive shop and he said the K valve is just an updated valve from the J valve. He said the K valve will work fine for paintball. He also said 1/3 of his tank sales are for paintball use. Wow !
    Last edited by CFD323; 04-25-2003 at 02:21 PM.

Divers Direct's Aluminum "Neutral Bouyancy" 80 Cubic Foot tank is a 3300 psi and its got the right valve and it will cost you like $160 shipped to your door.

Originally posted by CFD323
    ... He also said 1/3 of his tank sales are for paintball use. Wow !

That does not suprise me at all and it explains why so many dive shops are Paintball Friendly now a days. Things have changed for sure. We use more air than divers do. I seeing more and more dive shops sell paintball markers and supplies too.

I just looked at divers direct and they're $150 without shipping. Most of the places I've checked so far are charging between $15-25 to ship it.

Just an estimate but how many more fills do you think you get by using the 3300 psi tank as compared to a 3000psi tank ? Maybe a couple extra fills near 3000 ?

Well their site has become confusing. One place they still show it as $149 and another as $169. But either way their shipping is $10.99 for that. So they seem to have maybe gome up a bit but I am not sure with those conflicting numbers... My memory tells me I paid the $149 and the $10.99 for shipping is where I came up with my $160 to the door (realy would be almost $161). Not sure that is the case or not you would have to call them and see if they did go up or they may have a mistake on one of the lines.

...any fills you can get to 3000 and above will be worth the few extra bucks more in intitial investment. At worst case that 30 bucks more for it and when I bought it was like $10 more for it. Remember you can rarely get a 3K fill in a 3K SCUBA tank. You can in a 3300.