Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Extended SLUG body Autocad File

why not RT

can anyone tell me why the slugo wont fit an RT, i was wondering if it was just that the hole is too small for the banjo bolt, if any one could get back to me on that, it would be much appreciated.
    President Of the UW-Madison Badger Ballers

AO Feedback

1 of 35 SFL Emags VV02746
    Silver Karta/Logic RT Winner:GOTM Most Bling for December VV04971
    Sydarm SY00715
    Nelspot (under restoration)

Re: why not RT

Originally posted by mag/cocker lover
    can anyone tell me why the slugo wont fit an RT, i was wondering if it was just that the hole is too small for the banjo bolt, if any one could get back to me on that, it would be much appreciated.
    Several reasons:
    1) Yes, the banjo bolt is a problem.
    2) The old RT valve isn't stepped down like the A.I.R., RT-Pro, Retro, or X-valve.
    3) The slot for the "Z" lock pin for an RT is in the body instead of the rail like AGD's other markers.
    4) The body surrounds the valve on an RT.
    instead of the rail like AGD's other markers.

Hope that this helps.
    I'm a lefty that plays with an old school RT with H/L. I bought a warp and all is right with the world.
    SocialD's feedback
    SocialD's stuff for sale
    Jaz Air Technologies barrels

KAPP, make any headway w/this yet?

can anyone put this into solidworks or rhino format... preferrably rhino...

thanks

DK1

DK1: Yeah, I'll do that a little later tonight when I am on the shop computer.

Andrew

anyone have the solidworks file?

Hope the links work. I apologize for not putting these up earlier; totally slipped my mind. Anywho, these are the files from earlier, but i converted them to IGES and .sldprt If these dont work, let me know. I will also put up the one i started working on a little bit ago. I have to find the file though.

http://www.geocities.com/sk8rpunk0000/slugbody.zip

right click and "save target as".
    (note: originally done by Thorpydo)

Andrew

dunno, looks weird to me, like the bottom is clipped off. I can see the back of the surfaces in the inner tube, but the on/off area sticks out funky. At any rate, it looks like part of the surfaces are trimmed off. Thanks

DK1

Yeah,
    I noticed that when I turned the shading on on mastercam. I forgot to make a surface there. I'll post again later tonight if i can.

andrew

NP, I appreciate the conversion...thanks

DK1

did this ever get converted into Rhino or Solidworks?

thanks

DK1

Does anyone have the cad drawing of a warp left slug body?

slug file

is this the latest rev 0
    i just want to make sure before i model in in solidworks.

thans guys
    anyone want to share what they have in solidworks to save me a little time??
    ryan
    RYAN HAY
    msn IM rocken8888@hotmail.com
    AIM- rocken999

Feedback
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107815

solidworks 2003 sluggo file

solidworks slugg file2003 sw sluggo file hope this helps guys

i posted here and other forum,
    i am looking for 3f files of all body parts to play with

Anyone do a Rhino 3D model yet? Can someone please get one up for downloads.... please!?
    I wish I wasn't broke....

rhino

what format is that? give me the extension and i will see what i can do email me your address

i should be ble to something for you

rhino extension is .3dm

if you get it, shoot me an email also. I stink at solidworks

DK1

Here is AndrewGore(OTB) iges Sluggo body converted into several different formats.

Format Types:
    3ds
    Ai
    asc
    ASE
    cob
    dwg
    dxf
    fbx
    lwo
    max (Version 5.1)
    mtl
    obj
    off
    raw
    stl
    w3d
    wrl
    x
    xsi

All of those formats. I am going to post it onto our server at endlessquests. So if it gets a crappy download speed, we run several things off our server, including netmeeting software. For video conferences. It gets priority, so if you try to download during one of our meetings, dont be suprised if you get a 2K download rate.

Anyway, here is the link:
    Sluggo Body in Multiple formats

Its 962K, in rar format. If you dont have winrar, get it free at www.winrar.com.

Later
    Rob

Racegun Halfblock -AND- Raced ANS Gen-X
    Sponsors
    Racegun - Ricochet - Nitro Duck - Wacky Warriors - Paintball Outfitters

wholy wow! Thanks, that is GREAT!

EDIT- Hey, these all basically look like part of the bottom is missing. It's got missing surfaces or something. Possibly I'm just not seeing it right, but I've tried everything that works in both Rhino and Solidworks, and none of them look right. I still would love to see a good .3dm file. Thanks.

DK1
    Last edited by DK1; 12-02-2003 at 08:34 PM.

That is exactly how they are from his file. I am going to close one up as if it were the real deal. And redo that entire rar file. So give me a few days to get it done. I do this kind of stuff for a living, so I kind of get tired of looking at my comp screen all day. But I will do my best to have it redone complete, and re rared within the next few days.

Thanks
    Rob

Sorry to say this, but the orignal Sluggo body, the mesh anyway, looks like crap. Nothing lines up, and it will require alot of rework to get it straight. So I am thinking of just building a new mesh, to specs. As soon as someone gets me the specs for the body, I will get a new mesh made for it. If I remember right, someone already made something that showed the deminsions somewhere, I just dont remember where I seen it at. But if someone can point me to that file, or spec sheet. I will make a new mesh, that will be much easier to work with. I can export to like 20 of the most common formats. So I am sure I can get a workable mesh for everyone to use, that knows how to work inside a 3d program. I use 3ds Max 5. I convert with Deep Exploration, so I have plenty of formats I can make it. I just need those specs. If someone from AGD would be so kind as to send them to me. I will get started on a new workable mesh as soon as I get the specs.

Thanks
    Rob

P.S. For some of you begginer modelers. I can even make it a gmax file if you need it in that format. But if you are using gmax, then you can just import a 3ds file, just as easy.

that's great. I mostly just tinker around with Rhino a little, self taught. I've made a few barrels, valve ideas... basically putting something down to get a picture of what I'm thinking. I'd like to try something a bit more complex, and the sluggo looked like a good canvas to use.

DK1

Too bad none of these files can be modified in Rhino, from what I know.

At least I got Lightwave and will have Solidworks to fall back on.

First off, why cant they be modified in Rhino ? I dont know, I have never used Rhino. But if it is because of file type, then let me know. I have other tools I can convert with. So I am sure I can come up with more file types if someone needs them. I should probably just do the body, in like 3ds, seeing as how almost everything can use a 3ds. Save on download as well.

Anyway, let me know why you cant work with it, and we will see what we can do.

Later
    Rob

The objects inside the file do not respond to commands such as BooleanDeifference. I can open and view the files, but they cannot be modified.

Maybe there is a setting that I have to change... but I doubt it.

Rhino format is : 3dm

does any one know who makes these

another one

Bump, I would love to find out who makes those bodies as well.

Originally posted by big echo
    does any one know who makes these
    That's the 'Dallara', made by DeadlyWind aka 'nicad' here on AO. Check out this thread for pricing.

DeadlyWind also makes the 'Karta', which is pictured below.