Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Extended SLUG body Autocad File

Extended SLUG body Autocad File

By your request here is the new version with the extension over the valve.

AGD

Slug.zip
    Last edited by Bunny; 05-27-2018 at 07:26 AM.

any 1 wanna convert it, or know where i can convert it to autoCAD 14? that's the version i have on my computer and it won't let me open it
    Last edited by TheJester; 04-06-2003 at 06:17 PM.
    AIM- TheJester493 IM me some time

take a look at my minimag ....
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=64837

Thumbs up Conversion

Converted the DWG file to ACAD14. Had to zip to upload. Have fun.
    team PAIN "it's not fun and games until somebody gets hurt."
    My AO Feedback

hey man, thanks, that looks hot.

Exclamation View "A"

I was looking at the extended slug Mainbody diagram, and I was just wonndering the importance of the Section VIEW "A". I noticed that on my regular mag body there doesnt seem to be anything of the type. My presumed function of the view was a spring retainer clip, or something along the lines of that. So if anyone could help me out that would be GREAT!!

Does this fit on a regular Automag rail? The AGD website says the regular SLUG does but this seemes to long.

Also why is the body so long? I know that it does extend over the valve, but the regular rail on an Automag is only 8" long.

So if o could get a picture of the new extended SLUG on a rail that would be great!

Slug pics... see if they upload
    Sean Scott
    Production Manager
    KAPP Products
    707-571-8068
    sean@kapp1.com

Where the beer is deep. The forest is funny colored. Cloud nine is a thought away.
    Sean at KAPP. Id like to see what you guys could do with a Slug. Have you made any thing yet?
    AO #765
    CCM Series 5
    Prerelease Impulse
    Hyperframed Warped Mag w/flatline tank
    Feedback.

Good to know that somone of Tom's status seeks "relief" from a sport he helped create. A sport now ruled by a single patent.

Pic 2...

Props to Tom. Like it alot. I was happy to grab the .dwg file. Now I do not have to mik the whole thing. Also, what are the washer and c-clip for? What type of feed port does it take? Very nice machine work. We stared at the body for about 45mins trying to figure out how it was made. Working on drawing over the next few weeks. Then throw it up on the CNC. What type of ball detent is this made for? I guess I can do whatever I want with it.

Originally posted by Dubstar112
    Sean at KAPP. Id like to see what you guys could do with a Slug. Have you made any thing yet?
    Personally, Id like to see something similar to your flame cockers and matrices...

Team Sandbaggers.
    -We own j00 all.-

Just got it. Going to see what we come up with. Possibly. It will take a few months. Doing drawing, then finally deciding, then programming, then machine. Then ano, then put together.

Where the beer is deep. The forest is funny colored. Cloud nine is a thought away.
    I believe it has Angel feed tube threads. Its made to take a Cocker/Angel detent I believe also.

Edit, a bit o/t, but I noticed the cuss filter censored your company name in your user text box. lol

Talking hmmm

alrighty i'm new to the forum So HELLO!! but iwas wondering say if i have autocad station and a cnc machine if i can just use this file to make the body! if not from this file does anyone have the file! its kinda cheating but o well!

You can use the dimensions from the Cad file to manually program the G-codes of the CNC. Takes a lot of knowledge of machining to program the Slug body. Or if you have a CAM program, you can import the Cad file. The using the Cam program, you program all of the moves of the CNC machine. Then upload the G-code to the CNC and make it. Machining is very complex and not easy as taking a Cad file and trying to throw it into a CNC and out pops the body. You still have to program the CNC. It would take many hours for an expert to program the slug with a Cam program.

Yup he said it has a cam thingy! LOL.. so i can make my own just from the cnc! i kno theres gota be more!

If it has CAM, then you can program it yourself. No one will ever give out their G-code files. We spent coutless days perfecting our programs. If you want to copy stuff, then please go ahead and die. Yes, with a CAM Program you can do it, but you need to know how. Takes years for machinists to learn machining on CNC.

thats where the peeps at my dads work come in! works for me being 15 and not having enough money at that time being! i can just have my dads work absorb the costs and make it for me!

but all they need is the drawing and they can do it right! or is it gonna take them a while to set it up on the cam!

To program it in CAM would take thousands of dollars in the machinist's time. If your daddy absorbs the cost, it would cost him a whole lot more money than if you buy the damn thing. $200-$250? Or Daddy doing it and costing him $4000?

hmmm i dunno these things! thanks though i'm learning!! well i guess its his decision whether or not to do it! but thanks again!

Hi,
    Does anyone have a version of this converted for MasterCam 9.0? Thats what we use at the shop (and what i'm used to). Thanks

Andrew Gore
    (co-owner OTB)

what is the file extension. Also, you should be able to import a .dxf (drawing interchange) file. I can send you that.

Hey,
    yeah it will take the .dxf If you can email it to me:

andrewgore@offthebreak.com That would rock. This will maybe give me some DEFINITELY NEEDED cad practice. Thanks

Andrew Gore
    (co-owner OTB)

Hey,
    This isn't really about the slug body itself, but does anyone have a picture of the bottom of their xmag body? Or possibly some sort of CAD drawing of it. I doubt anyone is just going to give that away but I want to make sure I have proper dimensions. Thanks

Andrew

I was not happy with my max renderings of Sluggo but here they are anyway.
    All your farm animals are belong to us.

And another one.

Hey,
    Looks nice. I decided to make a full body (as opposed to body + rail) because I just love the xmags, I need some CAD stuff to do, and I want to have a mag out there that no one has (pics as soon as I am done......long ways away ) I'll see what I can put up (when i get something done) of my full bodied marker, but if anyone else has a pic of their xmag (the bottom and whatnot) or anything, that would rock. Thanks

Andrew Gore

Got it drawn up in Pro/E tonight. Tommorow I'll start with the ergonomics .

Anyway, if anyone else is using pro/e, here is a .prt of the extended slug. It should be dead on accurate except for the threads, in which case its the OD of them.

Will save yah an hour or two.

Sorry for so many posts... You'll get through it

Hey,
    It's been awhile, and I actually got a little bit done (been busy with the Advent and frames and stuff...) anywho, here is a picture of soemthign I've been working on. It encorporates the body and rail (like x-mags). I still need to fix up some of it a bit and all the good stuff. I'll stop talking so you can look at the pic.

sorry about the geocities. here is the link.

http://www.geocities.com/sk8rpunk0000/mymag.jpg

Andrew
    Last edited by AndrewGore(OTB); 07-06-2003 at 09:48 PM.