Thread: Ole Uncle Toms words of wisdom about SS vs. Aluminum Bodies

Ole Uncle Toms words of wisdom about SS vs. Aluminum Bodies

Thought you might enjoy this blast from the past with all the new Aluminum bodies now showing up. Here is some wise words from Tom on the virtues of Stainless Steel and why he was gonna give you Aluminum anyway. But the words are still true today! This was from last June...

Click here to go back in time

June 2001...

Tom

yea i guess he was looking far into the future

Oh yea! My bad...JUNE 2001!!!! Like I said its still true but you got em. But if you want sturdy....You already had that...

Gather round ye children and listen to the tale....

Where the beer is deep. The forest is funny colored. Cloud nine is a thought away.
    I would still rather have an SS body- Which is what I will end up getting prolly.. viva la SS!
    AO #765
    CCM Series 5
    Prerelease Impulse
    Hyperframed Warped Mag w/flatline tank
    Feedback.

Good to know that somone of Tom's status seeks "relief" from a sport he helped create. A sport now ruled by a single patent.

According to Toms post, the X-Mag should only have a guarantee of 30 days or so.
    There's nothing like passing gas at 25,000 feet.

Thats the way he felt in 2001 and gave his logic. Heck its only technicaly 90 days other than the Valve star value as it is.

However anytime you have damage that is self inflicted and abuse, whether accidental or on purpose, the warranty would be suspect and in question would it not? No matter what the material. Just easier for it to happen with Aluminum is all there is to it. We all know that.

Material defects in manufacturing would still be covered.

I just notice that he said that, it doesn't really bother me. I know bout the 90 day warranty and about the stars, I've owned 2 mags before. That and I already ordered my X-Mag a few weeks ago and Toms words 2 years ago aren't going to change my mind. Plus we all know Tom wouldn't make a product that wasn't safe.

Well your missing the point I guess...

Its just about why he stuck with SS so long is all. And that logic is realy unchanged.