Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida peeps...step up!!

Zephyrhills, Floreeduh (emphasis on the "duh")
    nasty: thanks, i'll look for it and i'll give a holler here when i go there.

newbie: i do too, but thats not the only time i'm going to play this year.

flipshot and i are talking about getting together in lithia maybe next month. i'll post here w/ date and time if anybody is interested.

Florida peeps...step up!!
    My Feedback
    "They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose."
    -Rudyard Kipling: The Sons of Martha
    "To understand the Automag, you have to think like an air molecule."
    -Sparky Melber

I just found this thread.

I live and play paintball in the Orlando area. I'd be very interested in meeting some other AOers. Orlando Paintball is about the only local place I don't like to play at. Overall its pretty expensive and their woods fields aren't what I like to play on. If you are interested in playing in Orlando, I would suggest (in order):

1. 3J Paintball (I think) - I've been playing at this field since 1997 when it was called Ambush Paintball. It has since had 3 name/owner changes but remains a great place to play paintball. The newest owners have really sunk energy into making it up-to-date. If you want to play in the woods in O-town, this is the place to go. Paint cost ~$80/case. I think $15 for field admission and all day air. Bring your own water. They give good group discounts.

2. Paintball World. They used to have a woods field at this location but not anymore. They are planning what sounds like a very original place in the near future(1-2 months). Not sure on current prices. These guys are very nice to deal with, but think they are only running a couple of fields now.

3. Osceloa Extreme Sports - This place is the most economical place to play. This is a 5 man sup-air field. They currently run games on Sat. and Sun. only with 3-man tourneys on Sun. till 2pm. The paint prices are reasonable ($50 and up), and I think they do fills per/1000 psi. Bring your own water. I love playing at this field... but its speedball and that can be fun.

4. Orlando Paintball - Only go here if you can bring at least 10-15 people, or if you have coupons. Their admission is ~$25 + air + $90 /case paint. They aren't very friendly, but they can run a good game. They have been doing Indoor paintball for a long time and have some really cool games that you can't play anywhere else. I just have a problem paying premium prices to play paintball with crppy paint. Doesn't mean I've never played there.

Iggy I talked to you on the phone and told you Im going to be in your aera around june 26th. You said ok and you would play, and to give you a holla when im down there. Hope your still game.
    Someone once asked me if I felt war was the answer.... For a moment I wondered then I replied "No War is not the answer, War is the question and the answer is Yes."

Beau, I remember you said you'd be in Daytona... that's a little north of me and I don't really know the area too well, but if you find a field, I'm always down for playing at new places. Just let me know when and where... the more forewarnng the better.

And I said I would have some wheels and could get to orlando. Plus its going to me and a fello aoer with me so thats 2 me and python1577us

hi ignatz and newbie.

thanks for the info ig. i like the idea of the elast expensive place to play, personally.

well, me, flipshot (todd), kieth (an ao-er, don't remember his screename), kieths girlfriend the lovely and charmning heather, and kieths brother jamie all met up at lithia springs paintball park in lithia.

i personally had a blast. it was a pleasure to meet such nice people and to have a day of no hassel paintball with good company.

we're planning on going to a place called "the paintball experience" in lakeland next month. not sure of day/date yet, but will post in time for people to make plans. chime in if anyone is interested and i'll get details.
    what i know right now is that paint is 50$ for a case of draxus (i think, will clarify) and field fee is 10$. scuba tanks are allowed at no fee. bring your own paint is an extra 20$, but i don't think 50$ a case is bad at all.

Hi Lee,

That place sounds pretty reasonable. What types of games do they play there? How fields? Please post to this thread details of when and where you're playing and I'll try to bring friends. Should we bring newbies? Sometimes they are fun to shoot at, right?

yo ig,
    i have not been there my self, but my neighbors have. i'll interrogate and post.

newbies welcome. i'll ask about rental packages if they need gear.

right now we're looking at the third saturday of may, tentatively. i'm not sure if they're open sundays or not. they have starnge field hours, open only every other saturday for example. i'll find out what i can and post accordingly.

I got a newbie comeing with me hes never played before so.

cool. no problem.

saturday 5/17 i'll be at paintball experience in lakeland with at least two other people, maybe as many as 10. don't know for sure yet.

map pending. call and he will email you a map.

prices: field fee for that day is free (10$ savings). this is one of the regular specials this field has.

paint:
    draxus rec:50$
    midnight: 60$
    inferno: 70$
    hellfire: i forgot :-)
    bigball: 60$
    premium: 70$

ok to bring your own scuba tank.

small woods field, large woods field, speedball and an attack and defend.

hours from 10 am to 4 pm.

largest crowd to date: 38 people, smallest: 4 people.

phone #: 1-863-0433 (cell i think) and 1-863-640-2617

i think i remember the chrony limit as being 270, i don't remember for sure. my neighbors have been there and they said there were between 4 and 6 refs and they were pretty decent.

headcount?

I'm in. Not sure how many others I'll be able to bring yet, maybe just me, maybe me + 4. I've gotta call them next week and get directions.

cool, bring whoever. i'm still waiting for a map. my neighbors say the guy is slow on getting stuff out, so it probably is best if you call.

one of my neighbor kids just got a new (to him) mag. this will be his inauguration :-)

FLORIDA PLAYERS

I USED TO WORK AT ORLANDO PAINT BALL. I STARTED PLAYING THERE BEFORE THEY EVEN STARTED THE BUSINESS. IT WAS CALLED PAINTBALL CITY THEN. ME AND A GUY NAMED BOBBY McPHERSON INVENTED MORE THAN HALF THOSE GAMES. I STOPPED BY THERE LAST SATURDAY. THE OWNER LIVES IN CANADA NOW. THEN I WENT TO WORK FOR PAINTBALL ZONE(THEY PAID ME FOR REAL).
    I ALSO STOPPED BY PAINTBALL WORLD SATURDAY. THEY HAD THE BEST FEILDS WHEN THEY WERE IN KISSIMMEE, WHICH IS WHERE I LIVE NOW. THE OWNER, LARRY KING, SAID THEY ARE MOVING TO CLERMONT. THEY HAVE A HUGE INDOOR FIELD PLANNED. THEY SAID IT'S GOING TO BE 100% AIR CONDITIONED. RIGHT NOW WE PLAY ON PRIVATE PROPERTY WITH 30 OR 40 FRIENDS.

i played once at orlando paintball years ago, back when it was all woods. maybe we met up? been well over 10 years though.

the meet this saturday is ON. ignatz's group is 4 total, all mags and my group will also be 4 total w/ 2 mags a spyder and a rebel.

i just found a new field in hillsborough county. it looks large enough to accomidate a big meet. it's orbitalpb.com.
    used to be weekend warriors. they are basically back in thier old location noff 301 and changed the name and the old owner, jeff, is back. had a nice chat w/ him yesterday after i saw the banner on the way home from work.
    that will be my next stop in about 2-3 weeks.

HOMOCIDAL2 - You should check out Osceloa Extreme Sports. They are in you neck of the woods and are some of the coolest people to play with. Their prices are competitive with online vendors because they aren't looking to retire off each sale.

FLA. PEEPS

IGNATZ, BEEN TO OSCEOLA EXTREME SPORTS BUT NOT TO THEIR FIELD. DON'T THEY PLAY AT THE RODEO ON HOAGLAND. DID AMBUSH CLEAN THEIR FIELD? THE LAST TIME I PLAYED THERE, THEY HAD NAILS AND BROKEN GLASS ALL OVER THE PLACE. THATS WHY I NEVER WENT BACK. THAT MUST HAVE BEEN 5 YEARS AGO.

LEE WE MIGHT HAVE MET. I'VE PLAYED FOR THREE TEAMS, THE UNFORGIVEN, SIGNAL ZERO, AND SYNDICATE. I HAVE PLAYED TOURNAMENTS ALL OVER FLORIDA. MY FAVORITE WAS THE WARRIOR 5MAN. I GOT BURNT OUT. SOLD MY STUFF AT AN EXTREME LOSS AND TOOK A LONG BREAK. NOW I'M BACK AND STILL LOVE IT.

homicidal: only played a few tourneys at the first field i worked at. was too much like work to get 5 guys to agree on anything and to pay up on time. burnt me out on that stuff fast.

i toOk like 4-5 years off and got back into it last year. ended up working at another field until i got tired of being yelled at by a field owner w/ half my i.q. so quit and am now a traveller, which is what i wanted to do when i got back into it in the first place. i had always worked at a field and played at the same places......BORING!

looks like we're going to have to meet up in you guy's area. any ideas? i prefer paint at 50$ or byop since i can get big ball for 45$. i have my own scuba and etc so primitive is no problem. i hit the road once a month (cahs poor) but am a target dummy for some tourney types in land o lakes a couple times a month during the week.

ignatz...i'm getting psyched lol. can't wait to get in the woods. i'm contemplating using my pump gun if there are a lot of noobs, but the mag will be there.......

HOMOCIDAL2 - Yep. I think that's exactly where they play. I played a 3 Man there a couple of months back and was very impressed with the owners' attitude. They made it clear that the young people should be there to have fun, not to win. That's why I like to play with them.

Ambush. Ambush. Ambush. They have gone through some changes since I first started there... I think they're called 3J or J&J or something now (It'll always be Ambush in my mind) and the owners are pretty cool. I think they are still loosely associated with the Doom Troopers. Their prices are a little steep, but its my favorite place in O-Town to play.

Paintball World told me the same thing they told you. I can't wait... as soon as they open the new place AOers should make a plan to play there.

Lee - Me too! I'm bringing a few markers and think I'm going to try a few games with only my SydArm. I'm stoked!

I hope we are all going to be able to play on the 26 Of june.......Still looking fordward to it even though i wont be a mag owner for the time being.

sydarm?????? i hate you....lol
    i was going to get one of tunamans, but just can't afford to or justify getting one right now. someday though......
    i can't wait to see one though. that will make my day.

newbie: i'll plan on the 26th of june. lets spread the word.
    would you be point man for that one? doesn't matter whether or not you have mag. i'm not predjudiced...i'll shoot you no matter what gun you have :-)

NOBODY SHOULD BE PREDJUDICE TOWARD ANY MARKER. I PRIMARILY PLAY WITH AN AUTOCOCKER BUT I WILL NEVER GIVE UP MY AUTOMAGS. THERES A GOOD REASON WHY I CARRY ONE FOR A BACK-UP, IT'S ALWAYS RELIABLE. BUT THEN I'VE OWNED ALOT OF CRAPPY MARKERS TO LIKE A GZ2000. I HAD A LONG LOVE AFFAIR WITH A PMI III(HOPE SHES DOING OKAY). WHEN I CAME BACK TO PAINTBALL I DUG UP A PGP IN THE GARAGE, CLEANED IT UP AND I WAS ROLLIN. NOW I'M BACK TO THE AUTOMAG, AUTOCOCKER THING.

I just thought I'd post the address of the field for those who are interested:

Paintball Experience
    3500 Raulerson Rd
    Lakeland, FL. 33810-1354

also, thay have all day air fills for $6 (3000PSI only).

*whoopsy* i didn't think of that. thanks iggy.

iggy: haha! i got home and posted first!!!!

i had a blast guys. you all are great players, good people and hilarious! can't wait to do it again. thank you very much for driving all that way to play. excellent e-micro too. very sweet gun. you all know your mags too. it was nice to speak to someone that talks the talk.
    and thanks for letting me shoot the sydarm, i'm going to cherish that spent 12 gm forever...:-)
    i'm terrible with names so i won't embarress myself by trying to remember your buddys names, but it was a real pleasure playing with all of you. thanks again.

i just can't say enough good things about the company, the quality of play, the field and the owners.
    great place to play, very nice, manicured and well run facility. i think i have found a new home field (even though i suck at woodsball).

for everyone that's thinking about meeting up and getting a florida ao meet going...lets do it! we had a blast and it can only get bigger.

for future reference: i was talking to iggy about my planning on going to the last big thing at waynes world this december. he suggested trying to get as many fl-ao'ers there as we can. how about it? we can run as a group and what will be, will be :-)

again...iggy and all....it was a real pleasure. i have not had this good a day of paintball in years. keep that "new paintball attitude" up.

you all can run w/ me anytime and i look forward to getting together and doing it again asap!

Lee

i've tried having a big AO meet two times already, and they both busted(:sigh: good times...)

well,im glad someone else is trying..good luck.

I live on Madeira Beach(pinellas county), and I totally want in.

I haven't played paintball in like 5 monthes because my bushmaster has been getting fixed..(stupid local shops suck)

lemme know when and where and all that jizazz..

or you can IM me at ProfessorChaosMM on aim if you want.

adios.

Hey but if you guys want, we can meet at the cup. I wont be able to play unless Strange gives me a call, but I hang around the tradeshow, watch and take pics. I have already made the reservations at the hotel.

sure, i was planning on going on a weekend day anyway. last year tc i think was selling cases for 30$. hoping they will this year too, might pick up a couple.

free stickers rock too :-)

I go just to annoy Manike, play with his X-Mag and ironman timmy, which he better bring.

HEY THATS RIGHT IN MY BACK YARD, ISN'T IT. I HEARD FROM SOME NON-PB FRIENDS THAT THEY HELD IT IN POINCIANA. WHERE IS IT GOING TO BE THIS YEAR? I REMEMBER WHEN IT USED TO BE AT PAINTBALL WORLD BEHIND OLD TOWN. THOSE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS. THAT PROPERTY IS UP FOR SALE. MAYBE WE SHOULD DO A JOINT VENTURE AND OPEN IT UP AGAIN. ANY BODY GOT A COUPLE HUNDRED GRAND I COULD BORROW?