Page 28 of 79 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida peeps...step up!!

Zephyrhills, Floreeduh (emphasis on the "duh")
    that sucks.
    i'm known for parting out guns, but even i have limits. rarity and looks count for something.

Florida peeps...step up!!
    My Feedback
    "They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose."
    -Rudyard Kipling: The Sons of Martha
    "To understand the Automag, you have to think like an air molecule."
    -Sparky Melber

We need an AO FL Scenario Team.
    Audentes Fortuna Juvats-Fortune Favors The Bold

Blue-Gold Minimag Boy

thats an excellent idea wes. talk to snooker, i think he's on to the same thing.

to TheDuelist: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

ha! saw it on the front page!

best wishes and enjoy!

Hehe....you read too much. I didn't think anyone paid attention to the first page. Thanks. I look forward to a great year for family and for fun.

no life other than paintball and ao.org! have to do something to kill time.....

I just wanted to stop in any say Hi Lee! Are you playing PBX this Sat.?

iggy! you back? i hope so!!

not playing, reffing though so i'll be there. hope to see you and some of the crew, it's been too long.

the kids are playing though...jason, waldo and maybe eric.

There's the off chance that I may be able to make it too Lee. If I don't get elected to work this weekend that is.

MG

Thumbs up Bradenton, Fl. AO Meet&Greet

Hey Guys,
    I've been talking to John @ AGD & we are shooting for a date sometime in March??
    Give me some ideas that don't conflict with Scenarios or Tournaments?

Also The "Florida Gladiators" are now an AGD Scenario representative for AGD in Florida!

We will be @ "The Paintball Park" in Ft. Myers,Florida this weekend for MXS's "Enter The Labyrinth".

I'll be arriving after 4p.m. on Friday the 16th.

Look for my silver S10.

We have also aquired Gen-X-Global Inc. as a sponsor & will have some of their products with us.

They make guppies, hoppers, elbows,etc....

If anyone wants to "Run" with us...we will be playing for "Brino" on the "Veerd".

I'ts all about the NEXT generation of "Stand-up" players!!

See-ya in MY Sights!!
    Bob "Snooker" Kinney
    Co-captain of The "Florida Gladiators" Scenario Paintball Team

http://flagladiatorspaintball.cjb.net
    It's all about the next generation of 'Stand-up players'!
    SNOOKER
    [/IMG]

movie guy: sheeeooot.......your retired aren't you?
    be there or be square....

snooker: way to go man! good for you.

i can't do the weekend of march 20th, but any other weekend day will be good for me. you name it.
    i'll spread the word to my offline friends as soon as you set a date.
    can't wait for it now!

can you post details and directions to te field with prices and pertinent info and etc please? thanks snook!

Also The "Florida Gladiators" are now an AGD Scenario representative for AGD in Florida!
    Great! Now, is there any possibility of getting Tom to give you guys some space on the webserver? The site you have now is flooded with pop-ups...nothing is ever really free online I'm afraid. There might be other better ones out there, I think I recall www.brickfilms.com as having an (apparantly) decent free host (although that was a while ago and they switched).
    Hey Guys,
    I've been talking to John @ AGD & we are shooting for a date sometime in March??
    Give me some ideas that don't conflict with Scenarios or Tournaments?
    Snooker, any time you want to go out and play some recball, at Hi-Tech or at your field, just holler. The only things in my book right now is February 7th, and the 24th/25th. We may be going over to Hi-Tech this weekend, depending on the situation. And it turns out that my school's guidance counselor's children got a go-kart for christmas, that apparantly they don't want/need (I don't fully understand), which we may wind up getting. In which case we'll also have a 2-man tank for scenario games.

Cya!

Another great day of paintball

had a great time at PBXP reffing and playing some ..... thanks again for the ride lee!

oh before i forget ...... as if i ever will..... dane!!!!*chuff chuff*

Who's going to be at the St. Valentine's Massacre on the 7th?

Lee- What a beautiful day for ball. I had a blast bro. Its always great when you can hook up with someone and enjoy a sport like ours. Mad props to you and you tar...er friends you brought along. I can't say enough man. I look forward to the next meet we can arrange and working the tourney at Showdown. Like I said before, I will do what I can to make the benefit tourney at PBX and even if I can't I will give something for the cause. Be safe and hope to see you soon.

Chris

same here Chris. i can't remember when i had as much fun as yesterday or got as many games in.
    my bud Tim says he hasn't had that much fun playing in 10 years. he was totally impressed by the field, play and player quality and amount of games he got in.
    and as for them being targets, they surprised me. i didn't know Kevin still had it in him, he hasn't played in years.

Mike says there were over 100 people there yesterday and that it was thier best turnout yet. i don't think that record will last long though.

your offer of support for the benefit is greatly appreciated, thank you very very much. heres hoping you can play it. you guys are at tourney level if yesterday is any indication. you all rock!
    catch you as soon as i can brutha!

wesjanson: i'm committed for that weekend, sorry but thanks for the heads up.

Yesterday was D-Day at the local field. Dumba** Day. It was really horrible Sucky weather...light drizzling, low temperature, bad lighting, lots of humidity. The real problem was the ~100 players there. In all seriousness, I was quite likely the most experienced player there, and I'm not exactly a veteran of paintball. You don't appreciate Kingman's enormous market share until you see an example of every single product they've ever made, all on the field at once. With perhaps a half dozen Tippmanns fielded by wealthy newbies. Plus the obligatory 30-40 rental guns that belong in a museum. Ohhhh, it sucked... :/ As soon as you stopped moving, your lens would start to fog..and every time I got into position I had to either fall back and run around for a minute, to clear my mask up, or else die. And if I fell back, the two or three people who followed me into the bunker would all inexplicably follow be to the back, then wander off somewhere else.

It was a complete mess. I long for the opportunity to play alongside decent players. Where is AO FL?? Where are you, Snooker, Lee, Waldo...? We need an AO FL day soon. Very soon.

wes: sorry to hear about the mess. i'd lito console you by saying i've had a day like that, but i can't. sorry. i think you win the prize for worst day ever...rather be at work day lol.

consider an ao fl day in the works. i have a couple tourneys i'm helping in coming up in feb and march, but after that i'll start to work on an ao day.

your right....it's time. big turnout or small, i dn't care how it turns out. it's on.

anyone have any day/date/field suggestions?

I'll throw out Showdown for the meet. If we talk to Susan and Mike they would be all for it and it is in Central Florida so its in a good spot for a meet. I'm only a bit prejudice though. It doesn't matter to me overall, I'll travel to hook up with other AO members and have a ULE good time.

i was thinking showdown myself.

great minds.......

Spooky

Originally posted by Newbie215
    Im in orangepark (city right under jaxsonville) python1577us lives right across street from me theres 2 more for ya
    Hahahaha im from Orange Park too. Im in tampa now for college at USF. Atleast i know someone else who knows where the OP is at
    Team: Screaming Munkys Scenario Team
    Marker: Black Teflon P/F Automag
    -Benchmark double trigger frame
    -8-hole mod
    -System-X reg w/Guage
    -System-X drop
    -RVA
    -Clear Dye Grips
    -12" J&J Ceramic
    -12" All American
    -14" OPT
    -Level 10

Showdown is a bit far for me, I think, but it should be doable. According to mapquest it's about an hour and a half...could be worse I suppose Hi-Tech is also an option..assuming we can get the field mostly to ourselves on an off day. I've seen under a half dozen people show up to play, and over a hundred, and I'm really not sure what causes the difference in number. Depending on the number of AO FLers, we might want to try booking the field.

Talking AO Meet & greet........March 14th???

Hey guys,
    How's Saturday the 14th @our field in Bradenton?
    It's off of SR 64 by Desoto Dragstrip & Stockcar Track.
    We will do a Minni-Scenario & have a cook-out!

snooker: i'll check my calender and get back to you. looks doable for me at this point. i'll try to round a few people up as well.

Unhappy the 14th is Sunday...not Saturday.....Sorry??

When I looked @ the calender to mark this down, I realized my error...Doh!!
    It WILL BE held on Sunday the 14th @ 10A.M.
    Call or E-mail me for directions.
    Tim is asking for a $10 donation towards the food & ask anyone that has been to one of our games...TIM's wife is an excellant cook (you will not come away hungry)!!

I can't be sure but I'll try to get my peeps to go as well.

Lee- Are you going to the meeting tomorrow evening at Showdown? If so I'll introduce you to my new acquisition.
    Last edited by TheDuelist; 02-05-2004 at 11:56 AM.

Hey guys,
    How's Saturday the 14th @our field in Bradenton?
    It's off of SR 64 by Desoto Dragstrip & Stockcar Track.
    We will do a Minni-Scenario & have a cook-out!
    When I looked @ the calender to mark this down, I realized my error...Doh!!
    It WILL BE held on Sunday the 14th @ 10A.M.
    Call or E-mail me for directions.
    Tim is asking for a $10 donation towards the food & ask anyone that has been to one of our games...TIM's wife is an excellant cook (you will not come away hungry)!!
    Sounds good! That's about a fifteen minute drive for me, I think, and to my knowledge there's nothing planned on that date for me. I'd call for directions, but I don't know your phone number Can you PM it to me? How many people do you expect to come?

Zephyrhills, FL land of cows, blue hairs, and yardsales
    sounds good, ill see if i can maybe get a day off.

Color me there