Page 31 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida peeps...step up!!

Zephyrhills, Floreeduh (emphasis on the "duh")
    wes: next two sundays.

and yes, i'm not THAT old!

Florida peeps...step up!!
    My Feedback
    "They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose."
    -Rudyard Kipling: The Sons of Martha
    "To understand the Automag, you have to think like an air molecule."
    -Sparky Melber

Originally posted by zippy
    Jon!!!, How the hell ar eyou doin? I haven't seen nor heard form you since the cup. Do you think you will be able to make it out to Pbex, this weekend? I haven't played in so long, i cant wait to get rid of the twitch i have developed. Anyway glad your still around let me know if you can make it out this weekend.
    Yup, still around, just haven't touched a marker since Cup.

Don't know when I'll get out towards PBEx or any other field any time soon, as the new job is killing me slowly with these 7-day work weeks.

But one day, and very soon, I'm going to have a Saturday or Sunday off, and I look forward to getting out to a field to throw some paint.

MG

Lee- Sorry I missed you today. Saturday night turned into early Sunday morning, next thing I know its waaaaay past my bedtime. I hope you had a blast. I'll get the after action report from my bro. Hope to see you soon.

LEE sorry i missed you.i broke my halo and had to meet a friend at gator to get a different hopper.he didnt get there until afternoon so i ended up staying there.i hope to catch you another time.

Travis
    Dark Viking #939

chris: old men shouldn't stay up past thier bedtimes...much less party while doing it!
    you didn't miss much, it was "lets work lee day" today. and worked is what i got. the highlight was bonusing bobby in his buttocks while he was walking to the box on the front air ball field. i paid for it though, he got his revenge.
    i'll be out next sunday to see you put that 'borg put through it's paces. i ruled the very first game i played and it was downhill from there. i did get to help a fellow magger out with his rt, though it needs to be sent in most likely-banjo bolt issues...i hate those things. it's an abortion of a design.
    anek was there mixing it up and i ran into yet another fella i have played with in the past. seems like everyone is discovering showdown and i like it. i brought an old buddy from back in the day. it was his first day w/ his e-cocker. he shot ALOT of paint!

truss: no problem man. i'm pretty easy to find. as above i'll be out next sunday, but after that probably not for awhile. i have busted my balling budget for a little bit and will need to catch up for a few weeks.

zippy: it was awesome to see you at pbex yesterday, i had a blast man. love that free flow. can't wait until the tourney to see you again!

Your check is in the mail for Bobbys bonus ball. I'll do what I can to get out there this Sunday. Glad to hear you had a good time.

$weet! now i'm a paid player! *whoo hoo!*

Well, barring any unforseen acts of God, I will be there this Sunday.

cool, i'll have a chat with him and require that he behave.

Lee, with any luck we'll be there Sunday. Cya then!
    Audentes Fortuna Juvats-Fortune Favors The Bold

Blue-Gold Minimag Boy

AO Meet & Greet....Bradenton, Fl...3/14/04.

Okay guys here are the directions;
    take I75 to State Road 64(Manatee Avenue)
    Head east until you see Desoto Dragstrip & then watch for the signs!!

If you need more info call me @ 941-773-3048
    Bob "Snooker" Kinney
    Co-captain of "The Florida Gladiators"
    It's all about the next generation of 'Stand-up players'!
    SNOOKER
    [/IMG]

COCONUT CREEK REPRESENT!!!,,,,Broward County

chrixxxluta: sup? welcome to fl-peeps.

to everyone going to showdown sunday: i can't make it. sorry. i have had an unexpected monetary issue and have to choose between sunday and snookers meet. since the first ao florida day is a moral imperative for me, i had to choose that.

snooker: i got your email and will call soon.

again, sorry guys, especially wes. been looking forward to meting you.

Well that sucks. No action against Lee with the Cyborg. Oh well I understand having to make choices like that. Its cool bro we'll hook up again soon.

Well...ok then. I guess it's Hi-Tech for me Sunday.

the ao-fl meet is a go.

from 1-75, go south across the mantee river to sr64. head east on 64 for approx 10-12 miles. look for a dragstrip. take the first right past the dragstrip (222nd street) look for the florida gladiaters sign.

the gladiators capt. has a compressor in his garage, so fills will be no problem. a 1$ donation is requested to help with food. byop is no problem.

20 acre field IIRC, several scenario teams will be in attendance.

anyone looking to convoy?

An AO meet huh?
    Sounds fun. I'll try to make it. Hopefully I can get my minimag working. For these AO meets do you have to use a Mag? Hope that isn't a horrible question to ask here.

it'd be cool to have you there anek.

no, not neccessary to have a mag, anything is accepable.

No Mag!!!! How can you go to an AUTOmags.org meet without a mag? Man I tell you people these days.

Just kidding....i'd like to be there but i don't think I will make it. I hate it when real life messes with my paintball.

just wanted to let everybody know that there is a new X-ball feild up at gator paintball in hudson.they also started clearing a spot for another airball feild.i think that makes 10 feilds overall for gator.if anybody wants to check it out you can get dirrections from www.gatorpaintball.com (i would tell you how to get there but i cant find my way out of a wet paperbag.)

Orlando Florida, where the Mouse will reign Forever....unfortunately.
    LEE: I was just wondering how practices have been going. My old roomate Steve got the 27th off, so he will be down there with me for the tourney to help out with the scoreboard as well. Let me know About those practices.

"If if you believe in Psychokinetics, then raise my hand"
    "There are three kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't"
    "We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart"
    "What happens if you get scared half to death twice"
    "If we aren't supposed to eat animls, why are they made of meat?"
    "Ask me about my vow of silence"
    "I like you, but i wouldn't want to see you working with sub-atomic particals"

thanks truss, i may have to make a trip there soon....

zippy: practices are going well, for now.

some conflict has already arisen as to how the team is to be run and who is to be on it. actually, i have no conflict, i know what i want and what should be done, but ownership has different ideas. i may not be on the team much longer much less captain. i'm still waiting to hear from ownership regarding the above.

regardless, i'll be there until after the tourney as i have committed to that and it's for a friend and a very very good cause. i'm very happy steve is willing to come, it'll be great to see him again and i'm sure he'll be a great help!
    thanks again guy!

theduelist: you gunwhore you! lol. you know you'd be rockin the 'borg if you went to the ao day!

OK, OK i'm busted. The 'borg would certainly be the primary slinging the paint. I really do wish I could make it but I guess I'll have to see everyone at the next one.

hey all.

shot my first rt ule custom today. a fella dumped his omen and bought one. had a ule trigger kit in it. not walkable, but very fannable. i'm sure it could be tweaked though. over all very nice. he was happy with it. omen broke ALOT of paint. needless to say, no chops with his lvl 10.

anyone go to showdown today?

what happened in the area paintball world that i missed?
    everyone have a good day?

923 posts on 1 thread...you guys are nuts

Originally posted by padiwack
    923 posts on 1 thread...you guys are nuts
    and you're a postwhore.

thanks for making it 924!

Nuts? Why do we have to be nuts? I prefer to think of us as dedicated ballers who just happen to live in Florida.

well said chris.

I spent 5 hours today at Hi-Tech getting in some service hours. Chris was busy practicing with his team, so for the first five games I was the only one running the show (and of those, three I had no walkie talkies). Definitely an interesting experience, and quite fun too. It was a small crowd, starting at a half dozen and growing to about two/three dozen players by the time Chris had taken it back over and we were working together to ref the games. Trying to get everyone together in a small group to go play the same field at the same time is worse than herding cats. Nonetheless, the games occurred on schedule and I think everyone had a fair bit of fun with mostly even teams. It makes me appreciated even more the necessity of a golf cart, and the pains one goes through running the field.

i hear ya man. not many things harder than getting a group of ballers to agree on one thing.

how are refs treated there? pay/benefits etc?

rneed any refs? i may be looking for a new gig soon and am looking at options.