Page 32 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida peeps...step up!!

Chris mostly runs things, and usually there's a couple volunteers. The fields aren't too big, the players generally don't cause problems, and there isn't a whole lot to be done that isn't done by Cathy or Chris, so...I doubt it :/ I don't think (with the possible exception of one guy) anyone there is paid. Sorry.
    Audentes Fortuna Juvats-Fortune Favors The Bold

Blue-Gold Minimag Boy

Anyone in orlando?

I live in orlando like right near orlando paintball. i use to work with Larry King at a paintball world when it was next to I-4 but i had to move here in Germany. Hopefully i will be back soon to start playin again. I have a hypermag lookin to get some upgrades for it. (14in Freak,ULE,X-valve,and either Omega Rail or Rouge Rail) so if u can help it would be great. I'm jus lookin to see who was in orando and how the fields were at OP. I was also thinkin of starting a thread for FL peeps to post pics of their guns unless its been done already? Thanx for your time.

Zephyrhills, Floreeduh (emphasis on the "duh")
    hey spyder, welcome!

do you know kris le from the old paintball world?
    he's "zippy" on this forum. he tells me he worked there rougly the time you said you two may know each other.
    he's in the orlando area still.

there is also ignatz, warped1 and several other people in the orlando area.

we post pics on this thread or whatever and whereever.

i havn't head many good things about orlando paintball. i've never been there myself, so i can't and won't publicly comment.
    i hear they opened up an indoor place. i woukld like to check that out one day.

Florida peeps...step up!!
    My Feedback
    "They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose."
    -Rudyard Kipling: The Sons of Martha
    "To understand the Automag, you have to think like an air molecule."
    -Sparky Melber

Thanx for the welcome, Um that name doesnt sound familiar but i worked with Ian "Tank" and Brandon and Bret and another guy, he had dreads and worked there for a long time. they were great people to work with, very knowledgable staff. i loved working there on Friday and Saturday nights when all the motorcycles and inport cars use to race down the highway. ne way just get back to me.

Paint is loaded and ready. Only 24 more hours...

BTW...I meant to pick up a flyer for the game but didn't. Does anyone know what the times are, when I should show up and when it ends?

theres a flyer?

i was planning on getting there about 9'ish.

the party ends when I leave....

Yeah, they had a hundred or so flyers advertising it at Hi-Tech, but being occupied with the nubs, and running things, I didn't pick one up..and when I went to grab one, they had been put away already. It was a rather elaborate colored printout, with the halo logo, images, etc. I wish I'd gotten one :/

well dang. guess i'll just have to wait until tommorrow!

Orlando Florida, where the Mouse will reign Forever....unfortunately.
    Spyder56: Wow another LArry robot! I worked for Larry for like 5 years, i started there when it was still behind Old town in Kissimmee, those were the good days. I opened the field off of I-4, and I know tank he is a good kid. Welcome to to forums, we will have to get together sometime and play ball, lots of cool people in here to play with, so keep in touch everyone gets together pretty often to play.

"If if you believe in Psychokinetics, then raise my hand"
    "There are three kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't"
    "We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart"
    "What happens if you get scared half to death twice"
    "If we aren't supposed to eat animls, why are they made of meat?"
    "Ask me about my vow of silence"
    "I like you, but i wouldn't want to see you working with sub-atomic particals"

well i would love to play with you guys but im in germany for a while so......
    by the way Zippy whats your name? how long did u stay at the field by I-4? thanx

Orlando Florida, where the Mouse will reign Forever....unfortunately.
    Spyder56: I would say I was at the field for about a year after it opened. You probably dont know me, My name is KRis Le. But the NAme STeve Shark might ring a bell, he managed a while there after I left. He is a good guy it sucks what Larry did to him. If you never met him, i;m sure you heard someone talk about him at some point. Anyway Whenever you get back from Germany you gotta drop a line and let us know when you are ready to do some ballin.

Well guys I have gone and done it. My green EMag is in Alaska, bought by a gentleman going by Scottay. I managed to nab Punisher Paintballs last gold non vision 03 shocker. Yes I know. Blasphemy. My brother owns two and they are really sweet so I fell prey to Smart Parts. I should have it soon and look forward to hooking up with some Florida peeps soon.

chris: don't forget to update your sig!

i like the shockers too, very fast and nice looking to boot. and i play with my pumps and bushy more than i do my mag. how's that pump cocker project going?

ao is a state of mind, not a marker.....

i went to snookers place in bredenton last sunday and played a one day scneario game. 160 people on like 20 acres or maybe a little less.
    firefight after gunfight after pitched battle. what a blast. we rocked the other team.
    20$ got entry, all day air and a great home cooked bbq w/ pork, turkey, chicken and all the goodies. homemade cupcakes too!

only two ao'ers other than snooker....me and wes janson. he's fearless! what a gamer. it was nice to finally meet him though he'll talk your ear off lol...sorry wes...but it's true! played about 6 hours and had to bail due to the drive home and early work day monday. well worth the trip and bob (snooker) is a great guy.

there were issues, but it was thier first attempt at this type thing and they got like 60 more people than they expected. they did an admiral job overall and the quality and quantity of play overshadowed any difficulties imho. i'll go to the next one for sure.

i'll be goin to showdown sometime early next month. i'm going to check out hearndons battlezone in plant city on the 28th. i hear it's decent field.

holler if any of you all want to hook up.....

The pump project is currently on hold pending fiscal budget restrictions being lifted from my "financial advisor." Once I get a few things out of the way I see no reason why it shouldn't move forward soon.

Sorry I missed Snookers, it sounds like you guys had a blast. I look forward to trying to make the next one should there be one.

Keep me posted on the Showdown situation and i'll see what I can do to make it.

financial adviser? oh...you mean wife...i get it!

will do on the showdown. most likely second sunday in april.

hey all, i'm going to orbital this sunday if anyone wants to hook up.

i've got enough paint left over for a fairly decent pump gun day. after that i need to take a month or two break to catch up on bills (i keep saying that.....).

if you want to meet up, holla or show. i'll be there.

I got my new baby. Read below in my sig for some specs. I look forward to hooking up with some peeps to see how she does.

I was just cruising the net and found this:

Hot on the heels of the announcement of the venue and dates for Event#1 of the NPPL Super7 World Series - Huntington Beach, March 19-21. Pure Promotions and NPPL are excited to let you guys in on the details for Event#2. With Event#1 taking the prime location on the West Coast, Event#2 will be doing the same on the East Coast. Florida's third largest city, and gulf coast playground - TAMPA, will be playing host to the second event of the year over the weekend of May 21-23

Heres a link for more info

http://www.nppl.tv/index1024mi.htm

Panama City

Any AO'ers in PC Florida?
    L8ter,
    John

Ooooh...very interesting, Duelist

Just got back from vacation, glad to be back here. Oh, how I love Florida. Home sweet home...

Perhaps we should do a small AO meet at Hi-Tech sometime in the next few months?

Anyone going to the Orlando PSP event on April 28-May 2. Disney Wide World of Sports.
    March 15
    The only good Tedi is a dead Tedi.Conker:Live&Reloaded

welcome home wes. i'm up for going to hi tech in the next couple months, now that i know where it is. i'll let you know when i'm going. i'm on break for a month or two until i can catch up on bills and spend some full weekends with my kids. i'm going to miss some nice balling weather, but if i don't do it now, the whole year is shot

o mystical head knight of ni (run awaaaayyyyyyyy!)
    i'll be going to spectate, don't know what days though. probably the first sunday and the last weekend. i'll post my plans. you playing?
    where do you normally play at?

chris: i met a viewloader all star at the tourney in lakeland. can we all say together: sandbagging?
    anyhoo...he says the nppl in tampa may be at raymond james stadium. i don't know about that though as they'd probably have to charge admission. the glazers don't give anything away for free after all. how was your vacation? shocker working out for you? tell the crew i said hey. susan and mike too please.

the tourney was great! 6 teams. impact 3 (x ball team coached by ryan pilas from pmi southeast and formerly of strange b) took first. can't remember who took second. night watch (ron, amandas dads team) took 3rd. george valeos from the viewloader all stars played for nightwatch. pretty nice guy. very fast front man.
    a total of 1359$, iirc, was raised for amanda. i'm not sure if that amount includes the raffle from showdown, havn't heard yet.
    good play, great reffing (if i do say so myself). i took a total of 41 reffing hits. i look like a connect the dot puzzle that spells out "ouch". i have hits on parts of my anatomy that i forgot i had.....no wise cracks please....

who's going to the nppl in tampa? once i find out where it is i'm going to go. i plan on going to the college nationals at disney too. hopefully as a ref but i havn't heard back from the coordinater yet. also the orlando open is in may. lots of nice events in our region. we need to do a lunch meet or something.

went to orbital yesterday. decent place, good safety rules, fair prices but too much woodsball. team practicers had the airball most of the day and we weren't put on the hyperball or spool field. nice variety of game formats tough. very creative. maybe 40-45 walk ons total.
    not nearly as clean and neat as showdown or paintball experience though.

Congrats on the tourney and the money raised for Amanda. I look forward to hearing more whenever we can hook up. As for the NPPL, I heard it was going to be at Community Tax Investment Stadium as did the little bro so hopefully, by some act of God we can get in for free. I'll keep you posted on what day we plan on going so we can hook up.

Oh the Shocker. I must say it shoots really sweet. I managed to score the last gold non vision Punishers Paintball had. I got the wave trigger on it which is really nice. I ordered the Freeflow 2nd generation bolt kit for it which should be here soon. Its still a toss up on whether I like it more than the Cyborg. Who cares anyway when you have those two to choose between. Next time we hook up at the field you need to take them for a spin and see what you think. Consider it an open invitation.

Im not quite up to PSP level. just another spectator. I'll definately be at the college event on the 17th right?

My home field is Orlando Paintball. Before you say anything yes I know the sawdust there is phenominal.

Lee - Spoke with my buddy who's a NPPL insider, the Tampa event will be held @ the practice field next to Raymond James.

I have this on pretty good authority.

Sorry I couldn't make it out to PBEx this past weekend, but with all that's going on at work, I haven't even been able to think about paintball since I started this new job back in November.

MG

HK O'Ni: the 17th is correct to my knowledge. welcome to ao-fl (run awaaaaayyyy...).
    maybe we can hook up and watch some ball at disney at one event or another. anyone else up for that? i'll also be going to the orlando open, most likely the first sunday and last weekend.
    and, you don't need to be good to play psp...i played the cup with a scratch team (yeah you mg!). we got rolled but i had a blast. it was a great and memorable experience and not really that expensive either, unless you count what gets spent at the trade show......call playing it a moral imperative since it's so close.

mg: thanks for the confirmation, but i'm not aware of a practice field at ray j. they have large open parking lots so maybe thats where it'll be? the practice field is closer to the airport from what i understand. you going to any of the events? tell igs to email me! i miss the big lug.
    ryan came to the tourney at pbex for like 2.2 seconds. didn't get a chance to talk to him but it was nice to see him however briefly.

chris: thanks man, i appreciate that and will definately take you up on it. showdown will most likely be my first stop when i get finances back in order. but inbetween that time i'm going to hit every major event i can since so many good ones are happening in the area.
    lmk what day you're going to the nppl and i'll go that day too.

Sounds good bro, i'll keep you posted.

I'll be at the Orlando Cup on the first weekend mabye and the last sunday definately(since its my birthday). May 2. If you see me I'll be wearing my grey florida gators cap with the orange under the bill. Do you know anything about admission? My friend(s) might be coming and were wondering. I gotta pass out now I've got a long day ahead of me.

ni: theres no admission fee to my knowledge. the cup was free, just walk in. plenty of parking close to the venue as well. when it gets closer to the event i'll pm you my cell number.

chris: looking forward to hanging with you and watching some world class pball!