Page 48 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 2352

Thread: Florida peeps...step up!!

Only 2 days left untill 2nd Annual AOFL!!!

Hey guys,
    My phone is ringing off the hook with calls about this BYOP game!!

I just picked up another box of prizes for this game!

Please post here, E-mail or call me @;

Bob 1-941-538-0686
    flasnooker@netnews.zzn.com

Thanx & hope to see-ya-all this weekend!
    It's all about the next generation of 'Stand-up players'!
    SNOOKER
    [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Jay...what if i get MYSELF off work? do i get a prize? even a cookie? i don't like oreos...keep that in mind....choc chip macedamias are my faves!

Sure thing, long as you make it. I'll think of something worthy of the effort required to skip work for a day of paintball.
    Logic Paintball Forums
    My A O Feedback Here
    Other Feedback Here
    If I've Been Any help
    Please Leave Some.

Zephyrhills, Floreeduh (emphasis on the "duh")
    Quote Originally Posted by RRfireblade
    Sure thing, long as you make it. I'll think of something worthy of the effort required to skip work for a day of paintball.

<---me sneaking out of work....

Fred: you have to go now, in order to tell us about the spring event.

where was it? was it pump pandemonium?

Florida peeps...step up!!
    My Feedback
    "They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose."
    -Rudyard Kipling: The Sons of Martha
    "To understand the Automag, you have to think like an air molecule."
    -Sparky Melber

Wow sounds like good times. I'll do everything I can to make it.

Lee- are you reffing Tampa? Oh and there's a rule i'm sure you've heard of..."don't feed the animals." It only encourages their behaviour.
    Last edited by TheDuelist; 04-29-2005 at 09:54 AM.

I'm in for SC pump day

is anyone going to the 24 hour thing this weekend if not all maybe the saturday half i'm thinking about it but not sure about makin the drive again

ps i will have a stock phantom to lend at pump day if anyone wants to play that doesn't have a pump so if anyone want to try pump lmk

Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

trigger pull game

animals gotta eat too....

can't make the scenario at gladiators, but will go to thier next attack and defend day if and when they ahve one.

definately in for pump day. switched days at work so i can go. waldos in too i think, so that will be 5 ao'ers: me, waldo, TheDuelist, frontrunner and RRfireblade.

we need to have an AO against the world game huh at pump day huh?

animals gotta eat too....

can't make the scenario at gladiators, but will go to thier next attack and defend day if and when they ahve one.

definately in for pump day. switched days at work so i can go. waldos in too i think, so that will be 5 ao'ers: me, waldo, TheDuelist, frontrunner and RRfireblade.

Well done my friend, I knew you could work it out.

AO against the world !!!! (or Space coast....then the world)

The Spring Pump Event:

Organized by Bunker Boyz Paintball (Specifically Spaceman613)...

at Sudden Impact near Bloomington Illinois...

there were 107 Pump Players on the saturday, less on sunday.

I was supposed to arrive friday night, but Airtran sucks, left tampa an hour late, and I missed my connection, so I had to spend the night in Atlanta... good thing there was an "Irish Pub" next to the crappy hotel they put me in... (I had to teach the bartender how to properly pour Guinness)...

I eventually got to Illinois, and was playing by 3pm saturday... then played sunday morning till 1pm or so, before catching my flight to Atlanta with BradAGD and another Texan, Rolondo.

It was AWESOME. Paint was fresh Zap Chronic, air fills were decent... we had free run of the field, no refs necessary... typically we'd just break into groups and go play whatever section was open.

---Fred
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Saint Pete/ PPARK!

anyone want to play just PM me!!!!

N.P.P.L. ref training course at osceola extreme sports in kissimmee this saturday.

go to: www.nppl.tv and click on pro ref in the options bar for info.

just thought i'd throw this out there in case anyone is interested. this course is neccessary if you want to ref tampa.

who is all going to the nppl event in tampa!??? i know ill be there!

just got the word, i'm reffign tampa. find my field and heckle the fat old ref.....

waldos in too i think, so that will be 5 ao'ers: me, waldo, TheDuelist, frontrunner and RRfireblade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper From StockClassPaintball.Com
    Also..on another note..there have been a few murmurs about a bunch of automag.org people showing up wanting to hijack our glorious pump event...

yah..you automag lerkers know who you are... comming in here.. reading our posts..waiting to ambush us at the event... =]

the paints gonna fly over this...

well i think we have to bring the mags and take over this thing now, sounds like a good time

nice. in think frontrunners right. we should use our mags.

my emag is currently set in rope mode. poor poor pump shootin people.....

At the pub, enjoying an ice-cold Guinness
    Silly confused 'Mag shooters, you'll all have to make it past me first! Muahahaha!

Danny
    Silk @ SCP
    "Want more range? Get closer.
    Want more accuracy? Aim for once.
    Want more skill? Good luck."
    - Doc Nickel

i will most likly be going also! lee has told me all about it! im pumped!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkling
    Silly confused 'Mag shooters, you'll all have to make it past me first! Muahahaha!

Danny
    Silk @ SCP

hey silk...you get your gogs clean yet?

on second thought, don't bother. like the little girl in aliens said: it won't make any difference.

asian: hope to see you there bro.

battlezone

hey lee ur the one at battlexone always embarrasing us with pumps lol im the kid wit green mech coker lol r u goin to nppl

ok guys, looks like playing w/ mags at the pump meet is out, but anyone wanting to play pump only is more than welcome.

hey MOVIE GUY! it was good to hear from you!!

:: penning in May 28th on the calendar ::

I guess I'm going to have to get a new toy so I can play.

MG

At the pub, enjoying an ice-cold Guinness
    Everyone's got lots of extra pumps for you to use, unless you're using this as an excuse to buy a new toy, lol .

i have a bone stock phantom to lend just add paint

Using another man's marker is like rubbing another man's rhubarb......and it's a good excuse to buy a new toy.

MG

well happy shopping hope to see you there

well guys, had to leave tampa after fridays reffing. sick child. family is first, especially my babies. she's doing better now, minor emergency if there is such a thing, but am going to stay close and will have to miss the rest of the event.

was hoping to meet up and see some of you all but thet will have to wait until the pump meet. hope you all enjoyed it and saw some good ball!

Lee- No worries brother. Is she feeling better? Looked like the action wasn't too bad though the rampant wiping was getting ridiculous. Overall it looked like a better setup then what I remember of last year.

That would explain why I did not find you today....

No worries, trying to make plans to be at the next Pump Day.

I hope everything turns out alright Lee.

MG

I hated the way the fields were set up. I managed to talk my wife into going with me and the kids, but the way it was set up, you could only watch from an external perimeter (it wasn't easy to get from field to field).Oh well, thats life. What I did miss though, was the Smart Parts girls.

i liked the actual on field set ups, but the event layout was different than last year because of the tent vendor. the one from last year backed out at the last minute and Chuck got a company that only had larger tents. that means that the chrono area/ref hutch had to off the fields more than was wanted. made it hard to control players after they chronoed.

fortunately, most of the players were good about it....i was surprised.

kiddo is much better. she had a flu like bug and was dehydrated. thats my baby...delicate as porcelin but tough as nails. thank you all very very much for you concerns and well wishes. it's greatly appreciated.

i don't have too many stories since i missed most of the event and was chrono on empire for most of friday though i did get to go on the field after lunch for about 5 hours or so.

guns: i estimate between 14 guns per game along with re doing ones that failed due to being hot or bouncing, i did the chrono thing about 1000 times. my shoulders are still sore!
    saw alot of shockers, timmies, angels and dm models. about 5 aka types, about 10 ions, maybe 100 karnis and assorted cockers, maybe 2 or 3 diadems. not sure about matrixes and impies, they look so much alike to me. those are all i remember due to them standing out due to volume. not one AGD product. though tippman effect was there w/ custom 98's. modified of course.
    -it took me a little time to get used to the process since i had never chrono reffed before, but, like most things paintball, it ain't rocket science. after some remedial ojt instruction from the head ref, i managed to keep a game on deck and one in the hole for the day and we ended up at lunch only 5 minutes behind schedule according to the head ref. according to the superviser (Joe) we were right on time. the day actially ended about 20 mminutes ahead of schedule since my replacement for th eafternoon did a great job keeping things running (17 year old kid...kudos to him!) and we also had a forfiet in our next to last game.

guns w/ problems: by far the marker to malfunction the most was the dm. hardest to control velocity was the timmie w/ angel as a close second. shockers had the nicest triggers. karnis bounced the easiest. there were a couple karnis that went full auto as soon as i touched them. i had no trouble with anyone about fixing issues or being told to drop the velocity. the teams were very very good to me. almost all were polite and cooperative.
    -the only major team i chronoed was bob longs assasins. 3 of thier 7 guns bounced. funny how they were able to fix them right then and there though.

players: as above, no problems though one guy in the morning complained about my chrono being different than the others. this was a common comment though he was the most verbal. my standard reply:" funny...it always seems to be mine thats different for some reason...next please...."
    something i noticed was the volume of players that did not know how to debounce, velocity adjust or general trouble shoot thier markers. fully 1/3rd of the time when i told them to adjust this or that, the first reaction was mild panic with a yell to some team mate to fix it for them.

on the field, games and brushes w/ fame and controversy: my first game in i pulled a one for one due to an obvious hit. lasoya was giving me crap on the sideline though he was doing it kind of quietly. i assume since he didn't recognize me and the empire field would be one of the fields the pros played saturday, he was sizing up an unfamiliar ref. i ignored him and he stopped after about 2-3 minutes. funny though, i thought he could do better than what he did. the personal stuff didn't bother me, but the comments on my reffing ability cut me lol.
    -infamous b team...some geniuses there boy. one guy wasn't even smart enough to get his gun to the net before the start. he got pulled. you'd think these guys were better than that. same guy needed an air tank brought to him before the game started, he was trying to turn it on at the start. gee, why couldn't he do that w/ his gun down or after his break at the first bump. i don't even remember if they won or not. (sorry for the cynicism, i call it like i see it.)
    other than that, no real issues, just one or two deals not worth typing and that had no impact on anything.
    -dynastys b team though, did impress me. they came out immediatley when they were hit. they played man down, but lost and did it gracefully for the most part.
    -on some other field, a dynasty player earned a negative 100 for bounce. he came into my hutch at some random time and asked me to check it for bounce. i don't know if this was before or after the game in question, but i bet it was after so he would have some ammunition for argument. i detected no bounce nyself, but hey, i'm good, but not an expert.
    rumor has it the robot detected nothing, but i don't know for sure.
    -game styles: what i noticed most was this-6 guys broke to the ten and rolled guns while one guy tried to make the 40, 50 or a snake. shotting and little movement until a numbers advantage was obtained and them an attack. a few games ended in run throughs. i got peppered in one and i mean man down peppered...had to take a knee.
    -marker and goggle safety was greatly improved over last year as well as the language issue. that surprised and pleased me alot.
    -the swedish refs were great. nice guys, took no crap, very efficient and fun to work with. as usual, the cali head ref was a hardass, but thats to be expected. Chuck, Dan and Joe are great to work with and really care about the refs, players, game and quality of the experience for everyone.
    -we generally had plenty of water and gaterade, though the gaterade tasted like liquid sweat socks.

totals for the day:
    -tent roof shot: about 8
    -chrono shot by chrono ref: 3
    -accidental discharges that hit players in the tent: 0. there were no ad's that i recall other than the roof shots.
    -yelled at a knucklehead player: 1
    -yelled at a knucklehead kid inside the spectator barrier and reaching under the net to get a cheap pod discarded by a d3 no name team: 1
    -1 for 1's: 1
    -crabbed at by the pseudo famous self important from the sidelines: 1
    -called the "worst reffing ever" by a bystander safely outside the action and my reach: 2 or 3...who cares?
    -good welts: 4
    -bleeders: 3
    -heat affected players on my field: 1
    -heat effected refs: 1 or 2, none critical.
    -bruises: a bunch
    -cool d3 players: many, many, many.
    -fun had by me: about 14 hours worth. can't wait until miami.

thats all for now, my legs are still sore...i need to get on the couch.....