Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EZ-MAG (frankenmag)

EZ-MAG (frankenmag)

I think my original thoughts about this project came from looking at autocockers. I just decided that it would be really cool to have an air ram actuated electrically controlled mag. I used a Z-grip because it gave me the most room in the back to work with. All the componentsI used, I got from work. I started with a bafricated banner photoeye that looks for a bolt that I added to the back of the trigger. It opens an electric solenoid Mac valve which in turn sends low pressure air from a seperate reg. to the air ram. I needed at least 22-30volts DC to operate the electrics. I thought about a seperate battery pack, but couldn't find a good location. So I added a battery in series to the hopper. Giving me 27volts from the hopper but still allowing it to work normally.

sounds nice....when can we see it?

Quote: MarkM
    "virus attacks have been dealt with, same with back door nasties. ."

My feed back

I'll have some pics soon, but there are a couple in the Ultimate Madness thread.
    I also just installed a lvl 10 and a warp feed(thanks Tom)

im confused...whats the point?

Originally posted by IcantBelieveit
    im confused...whats the point?
    It's different and interesting, not to mention an electronic Z-grip.

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

For the lazy folks, here's a link

Nice work, very intruiging dude (however you spell that )

Definately get some high quality pics of what's going on with that ram and your electronics, That thing is a bit too much for me to wrap my mind around this late
    My Feedback

"Game...Blouses"

Like this?

She's been updated since with a nicer LPR, a chrome taso barrel and chrome body. The black stull is all getting anodized blue/silver acid wash.

basically a teeny tiny ram I built toggles the sear. It's controlled by a small timer curcuit, a Humphrey's 301 valve and a 9volt.
    Punisher's Customs
    "Because the Dead-Box is a lonely place"

holy cow! Look at all the wires/tubes down there. I'd be afraid of yanking one of them off.

Is there any way you can tuck some of that away in a box or something?
    My Trader Feedback
    It was the only tournament I've been to where they have more cases of beer than paint. - gimp

Interesting gun Tom, off topic, but do you play locally?

Punisher - For some reason I thought your design was run off of a mechanical cocker x-way? That's cool.

EZ-MAG - I'm guessing I'm using the same type of Mac valve you are. Unfortunately I'm trying to cram it into a stock frame. Having some issues getting the cylinder to fit correctly. I need to find a slightly lower profile microline fitting

looks like it has been assymilated by the Borg from Star Trek.

HOLY MOLEY!
    dude that is awsome
    Last edited by Army; 04-07-2003 at 03:06 PM.

Cool

all im sayin is WOW i looked at that rubbed my eyes pinched myself rubbed my eyes again and said wow 1 more time...im very confused w that z grip maxy electro thingy set up

Punisher,
    I don't like your as much.It needs a little more Frankenstien at my Mag.

Jay.
    Logic Paintball Forums
    My A O Feedback Here
    Other Feedback Here
    If I've Been Any help
    Please Leave Some.

I seen this in the other thread the other day before it was explained and was like What the *ell is that. But i guess that explains it now.

Props to echo419 for the sig

here are some more pics

more

more

more

more

more

more

ok...

now you wanna explain this monstrosity???

I kinda see what you did... but its such a jumble I'm not getting it...

---Fred
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Man, that is a sick idea, I'd love to have an e-zgrip, but wow! Look at all those hoses!

Good Traders: SupaTravis, Joeyjoe367, biker, Zenwood, arabian ape, beefstew, timmy63, ah137, kilaueakid, Will Wood, Remington, DicksonDood23, CPhilip, Fritzy, Dirtybunny, LittlePaintballBoy, JadedT, ChucktheMAGician, TheFlamingKoosh, lgavin
    My Feedback Thread
    Out of the sport... missing it.

Here is a little more detail on the workings of the EZ-MAG
    I started with a Banner fiber optic sensor (SM312F) with a bafricated fiber cable, meaning it starts as 2 fibers and combines into 1 and reflects off whatever you are trying to sense. The output from that sensor, triggered by a bolt attached to the back of the trigger itself, turns on a Mac valve, model 35A-AAA=DFBJ-1KD 24 VDC. The air coming out of this valve goes directly to an air cylinder, which I don't have a number for but its about 3.5 inches long and about 5/8 inch in diameter, a shorter stroke cylinder would be fine. The supply air for the whole thing comes from a "T" off the line from the tank that is regulated by an SMC reg, part number NAR2000-NO2. I drilled a hole in the back of the Z-grip for an M-6 bolt to slide through. It is connected to the sear by an oval shaped washer sliped over the bottom of the sear and welded to the bolt. The bolt comes out the back of the frame a little over an inch and is attached to the air cylinder with cross link made from thin aluminum bar. The power comes from the hopper that I added a third 9Volt battery to, to get enough voltage, 27volts. I just tied a small headphone style plug into one side of the 2 existing batts and came off the other side and connected the third in series and back to the plug. I also ended up putting a proximity switch on the safety, because I found that if the electrics were left on when the safety was off for mechanical mode it would fire once by the sensor and once mechanically. The resulting kickback of the sear would push the bolt back across the sensor and if I kept a little pressure on the trigger it would just cycle back and forth making it full auto.

Cool! Yeah I have the same MAC valve. I don't mines as complicated just because I'm not even trying for the mechanical or electric option. I'm going with electric only.

I have my tank running into a double tapped ASA. One air outlet runs the mag as normal. The other goes to a palmer stabalized that holds it to much lower pressure. Palmer ouput runs to the mac, mac output runs to a cylinder. The whole thing will be run off a basic stamp. Think I've just about finished with the programming, just need to figure out if I can cram the cylinder into the grip.

Great idea, but its ugly as sin! Wait, that's what you were going for ! Is it heavy?
    [Something Cool is Here]

i like it

as soon as i get some time and some spare parts i'll borgify my beast

then it will surely earn its name

WOW... so cool it deserves to be resurected.

Wow that is one ugly mag.