Thread: Flatline questions...

Flatline questions...

I have been seeing a bunch of flatlines for sael on ebay. One person wrote that the flatline that is on his 3000 psi tank can be used up to 5000 psi. I am unsure if he knows what he is talking about, I figured he saw a burst disk or something. My question is if there is a burst disk somewhere on his setup that says 5000psi, can the flatline really handles 4500 psi? Could I put the reg on my 4500 tank? Thanks.
    Feedback

For Sale Link

Retro MAG for sale

Back in the Bronx again baby!

Nope, definately a bad idea. If i had my flatline with me i'd tell you what my burst disks are at, but since hydro testing for 3000psi testing is done to 5000psi, i guess it'd make sense for a 3000psi tank that's in hydro to have a 5000psi high pressure burst disk, but 3500 or so would make more sense to me.

Eh....someone will know
    My Feedback

"Game...Blouses"

I re-read his auction and saw a big picture of the hydro test stick that was on the tank. He showed it and it said 5000 psi. This is what he must be talking about. Even so if I can get the tank for under $100 shuld I jump on it? It is brand new hydroed. I really would like a 4500. How many shots should I get on my RT with it?

the way to tell a flatline is.

the color of the valve.

if it is black it is a 3000 psi reg. no higher

if it is blue or pedwter then it is a 4500 reg.

so what color is it?

from the judge in the WDP v Sp case.... " i find it significant that aside from a somewhat limited notebook produced by gaston, the four named inventors offer NO documentation of there work or there contributions to the conception or reduction to practice of the claimed invention"

Its 3000 definitely. How much is it worth with a good hydro date. Like a few months old.

The burst disk is rated for 5K on the 3K FL's.

3K FL's are going for about 150-200.