Thread: Bauer System Blew my fill nipple

Bauer System Blew my fill nipple

The Bauer fill system at Skirmish, for the most part is pretty cool. I did how ever have a problem with it constantly blowing my fill nipple. I think the fast, flash fill was too much for the nipple. Its a 68/4500 flatline tank, with an after market nipple (the old one was too big for a lot of fill stations). To rebuild the nipple, I had to take it off, oil it, and reset the pin. Any one have any suggestions, or know of a stronger fill nipple design?
    WE ARE DEADCELL, AND WE WILL RUN THROUGH YOU

Dayspring - "We've had Clare at Shatnerball." "I'm confident that she can take 20 guys."

"I'd trade my cocker for some steady pu**y"

It might have been dirt in the line that did it...

And keep your leaky nipples to yourself.

Fast filling is a no-no. If is not good to heat the metal in the tank.

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant

Lets see here... *snips some rather inflamitory remarks*

Have you considdered using your "litteraly mil. spec." fill nipple on your flatline again ;-) I"d be willing to bet that'll solve the problem.

Just as a reccomendation from a guy who's dealt with parts failures on the high pressure end, I'd MUCH prefer to have THEIR qd fail than MY fill nipple. At least then it's their fualt on the lawsuit. And it doesn't leave me with a 3000psi rocket in my hands. it leaves them with a hose hissing bolted to the table.

Put your old fill nipple on. You'll make me feel safer when you fill.
    To be an AGD supporter, one cannot be an AGD bigot. -Nero

Truth is a complex thing. One must govern by simplicity. -M. Mercier, special counsel to his Majesty for domestic matters. The Brotherhood of the Wolf

"You can't outrun Death forever, but you can make the bastard work for it."

ben_JD Guest
    Originally posted by nerobro
    it leaves them with a hose hissing bolted to the table.
    That's funny. I can count the number of fill hoses I have seen bolted to a table on one finger with some room to spare.

Sad

if a hose isn't bolted to the table I WILL NOT stand within range of the hose hitting me. and wear my goggles. My local fields bolt down the hoses. Every tourny I've been to has them bolted down, or solid fittings.

Jedi, i was there with Gravity on the 8th. I had my flatline (3k) and EVERY time i wend to fill the hose just blew off. I honstly was afraid to fill my tank after the 2nd time. So i had another guy fill it for me, i think he was a penn state jv player. He was very nice.

also after the fast fill in the 30* weather the QD was locked onto my nipple and took about 10mins to get it off

Unfortunately, I dont have the original nipple. It wouldn't fit at the RexPlex fill station, so they changed my nipple, and I forgot all about my original. It sucks, because I'm very sceptical about the air fill situation at a Tourney league that spans 7 months.

DO NOT OIL THE FILL NIPPLE!!! There was an article on warpig saying not to do it because the tanks can explode because the friction of all the air gets the oil hot enough to catch fire. If you want the link to the article i'll find it.
    Red to Black Ironman Intimidator
    Demon UL Matrix Dust Red
    TEAM BACKDRAFT
    Broken Matrix or DM4? Send it to me, I'll fix it, just pay $10 + shipping + parts.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/arti...2HPAwarn.shtml

Anyone who understands how a deisel engine works can explain to you what a really, really, really bad idea it is to put oil in a compressed air tank.

See you on the field,
    -Bill Mills

Computer / Paintball geek
    Technical Editor, World And Regional Paintball Information Guide - http://www.WARPIG.com
    Producer, Paintball Television - http://www.PigTV.net
    Paintball, Motocross trail riding, SCUBA, climbing, surfing, R/C aircraft, fun stuff...

The flatline fill nipple is of the highest quality stainless steel...it needs to go together TIGHT to remain safe. Get the AGD one and put it on. There IS a difference...

Darn Tunaman! The difference is, the AGD nipple is too big for a lot of air systems. I agree though, the original flatline nipple, other than size issues, was much better than any other fill nipples I've bought.

Angry Air fills at global

Ahhhg, the bauer system SUCKED at the first 5man event of the global series. airfill lines were seriously 20 minutes or more, and in the morning they couldn't fill past 2600 psi. as if long lines aren't bad enough its a serious problem trying to play with a mag running off a 45 ci. tank that i cant even fill all the way, a full tank barely carries me a game. i hope they get it together for the next event

Question

Circus5, what team were you playing for at Global? I'm sure they will be working very hard to alleviate any air problems at the next event.
    One of Deadcell's finest.