Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ULE Bodies and Detents Notice

ULE Bodies and Detents Notice

ULE Owners,

A problem has cropped up with the detents going too far into the ULE bodies and not letting the balls drop in all the way. The quick fix is to add an additional black oring from your LVL10 kit up against the existing oring. Do NOT overtighten, just snug the detent body up tight and it should work fine.

We will make the appropriate adjustments in the bodies still in house but that means we will not be shipping more bodies until Monday.

Thanks for your patience,

AGD

Just to clarify that would be one of the Orings that are around the carriers correct?

Thanks for the progress report Tom.

I had that same question, but phil beat me to it.

Thanks for letting us know.
    Ya Man, thats PCP

[IMG]Sig image must be under 20k[/IMG]

And thats why Airgun Designs is the best company out there, they'll give tips and advice on your equipment to make it the best it can be, not to mention the large list of excellent products.

Good traders: Strider,Downfall, Dirty Bunny

Its the thin black oring around the outside of the carriers. You have one on each carrier and since you only use one you should not miss it.

AGD

Originally posted by Shail
    And thats why Airgun Designs is the best company out there, they'll give tips and advice on your equipment to make it the best it can be, not to mention the large list of excellent products.
    Brown noser!

absolutely!

Umm admiting to a design flaw and giving a quick fix isnt tips or advice to making your marker work better ... its coming up with a solution to a problem that is annoying allot of people ...

If this was the case then Microsoft should be the god of operating systems since they issue new "tips and advice" on making their OS run better every week LOL

**Edit**
    Either way kudos to Tom for admiting the issue and having a fix that allows people to use their new toys.

Aaron

Originally posted by Shail

Hi,

I feel so used Tom. I buy the body and now i have to perform a field mod? I think you should come here an do it for me! lol

Seriously, people it works nicely. I just performed the quick mod and it is pretty noticeable.

Thanks to AGD and the crew for the heads up.

Later,
    Alan
    Paintball cannot be that big. No one has really been able to sponsor a stock car or a race yet. (local people do not count in this case )
    My Feedback

and if you dont have a lvl 10?
    Jaymz

Originally posted by Jaymz
    and if you dont have a lvl 10?
    Buy one! You gonna need it!

I had one but traded it for my z-grip, gonna get a barrel system first, rather break a few and shoot straight then the alternative, and I have yet to break one without my lvl 10 anyway.

Isnt it part of the warranty that defective parts will be replaced?

PM me your mailing Address and I will mail you one of mine out tomorrow.

I am sure they will make a fix good but in the mean time that will get you buy until they are certain of a permanent fix.

*cough*

?

nice

thats nice of you to do cphilip
    JUST PLAY.Don't Gripe

got your reply thanks a ton!

Re: nice

Originally posted by Quackman71
    thats nice of you to do cphilip
    Thats just how I am...and it's the AO way!

Skoad, dunno man. Thanks for the update AGD, I'll go work on my detent right now.

Moderate with Equality & Consistency in 2005!
    AO-WI: Player's List - Now with over 100 People!!!
    Karta #082
    Member #007 of the Unoffical Trina Fan Club
    Great Traders: automagfreek, ClassicMagger, Emagster, fire1811, Kevmaster, MrMag, Nicad, oldsoldier, RogueFactor, SpongeBobSquarePantsx2 , SteveDx10+, The Frymarker, Treefall25, Tunamanx3, warpfeedmod
    In Loving Memory of Eric "Po" Ison Oct. 10, 1974 - Dec. 31, 2004

Originally posted by cphilip
    Buy one! You gonna need it!
    I beg to differ. I have a C/F Mini and the ONLY time I chop is when I forget to turn on my Revy. User error is no reason for me to buy one.
    Originally posted by Skoad
    Hopefully they'll think twice about shooting them out so fast next time.
    Again, I beg to differ. AGD was only giving its customers what they want. So many people were clamoring for them, so they put them out ASAP.

It is, however, more evidence that barrel nubbins rock!

Does this affect ALL the new ULE's? Mine seems fine. I do have my detent only finger tight.....

Super Moderator at Pbreview.com

Skoad, send me your addy in a PM and I send you one too. And I throw you in a AGD Sticker too!

And please change that image in your signature. Its too large and you are only supposed to use it once per thread.

Originally posted by deathstalker
    I beg to differ. I have a C/F Mini and the ONLY time I chop is when I forget to turn on my Revy. User error is no reason for me to buy one.
    I am talking about with this body. Low rise and center MAY end up feeding a little different than your used too. And without a Halo pushing it maybe even more so. Buy a level 10!

Originally posted by Halliday
    Does this affect ALL the new ULE's? Mine seems fine. I do have my detent only finger tight.....
    There are so few out we not sure how many are affected but I can tell you several have said they were not affected. Just not enough feed back yet to say one way or the other.

I applied this modification to my ball detent this afternoon. It seems to have fixed the problem. The force in which you tighten the detent is very important. Just snug it until you see the second O-ring (LX ring) squish a little. Look in your breach and confirm that there is no "detent housing/threads" sticking in past the wall of the body. Oil the ball lightly if you wish, and push it a few million times just to break it in. My balls now drop completely into the breach.

Sorry if I sounded like a fuming little girl, when I posted the initial problem. I've hated twistlock since before sliced bread. Getting a malfunctioning cocker threaded body was like opening a broken Lever Action Daisy Red Rider BB gun on Christmas morning. And then getting kicked in the balls on top of it.

Good luck to all who do this mod. Tom I know we all complain and nag you about getting stuff, but I'd rather wait the extra two weeks for a product, then to have to go through the frustration of quick fixes.
    Last edited by JEDI; 04-10-2003 at 08:55 PM.
    WE ARE DEADCELL, AND WE WILL RUN THROUGH YOU

Dayspring - "We've had Clare at Shatnerball." "I'm confident that she can take 20 guys."

"I'd trade my cocker for some steady pu**y"

Skoad - hey trying thinking a bit first before *****ing about something.

Ever thing to maybe use just a little but of blue or red locktite on the threads, set it so its not to far in and then letting it dry ?

See, I know it's killing you to think just a little bit but hey let's all pitch a fit because something isn't 100% idiot proof.

Blah

-Robert
    Serving AGD customers since 93, wishing I could beat some common since into some of them about 5 hrs later.

hehe....tell us how you realy feel Rob!

Seriously folks shimming detantes of various kinds is kind of a normal thing for Cocker and Angel owners and such things that use these styles of detantes. They run into this from time to time with various manufactuerers detantes and they are used to this. Your just not used to it is all.

The real permanent fix may be something along this same lines anyway. Most likely one thicker O ring or something. And lets not assume you have an issue till you have an issue. O rings vary from one to another and some of yours may end up being fatter and you not have a problem and some may need two.

Originally posted by RobAGD
    Skoad - hey trying thinking a bit first before *****ing about something.

Ever thing to maybe use just a little but of blue or red locktite on the threads, set it so its not to far in and then letting it dry ?

See, I know it's killing you to think just a little bit but hey let's all pitch a fit because something isn't 100% idiot proof.

Blah

-Robert
    Rob,

Amen, brother! I actually had a post typed up with a suggestion of blue - but then then decided "screw it." The moaning about the "releasing them to early" just pissed me off to much - The original thread said that they were being sold pre-production and everyone knew that.

Jeez, some people will complain about anything.

Sorry I didn't make it by the shop today - got caught up at work. I'll be in tomorrow (hopefully) to pick up that feed tube.

Thanks for saying what we all were thinking.

-Calvin
    From a poster at PB Nation:

""Jim, back to your cave. Bob Long is on the batphone..."

MY FEEDBACK

It wasn't hard to think of a fix... I had put 2 lvl x orings and the big one on it before I even checked the page. Some people just have a hard time thinking something through before they go cry about it. Anyways, very nice job Tom. I'm blowing off golf this weekend to go play with my new body

Sorry Skud-- You brought it apon yourself.

God...I would have hated to have had Skoad be a part the Original Delrin Superbolt test....aaaaarrrgggghhhhhhh