Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: AUSTIN TEXAS AO day 2 ! This ones the motherload!

well congrats postit

Re: Re: Yeah, but

Originally posted by postitnote
    I graduated college today
    congrats to you!

Originally posted by langrage
    when will you learn its the person not the gun?
    i love to read that line. thats why so many pro teams play with spiders and tippmans right.

and yes, aikman is a tool, a vastly overrated one at that.

Re: Re: Re: Yeah, but

Originally posted by logamus

congrats to you!

i love to read that line. thats why so many pro teams play with spiders and tippmans right.

and yes, aikman is a tool, a vastly overrated one at that.
    WTF, Aikman is the greatest QB in Cowboys history.
    My trader feedback
    My trader feedback 2
    My trader feedback 3
    Rooster "But such is the mentallity of the Arab people. Which is why as long as there are Arabs, there will be a terrorist problem."
    ^^^ known AO racists

Originally posted by Jon/xpm
    now if your talking about colorado and texas
    their is a difference

Texas compared to Colorado? ....you can't be colorado man!

werd

postitnote - MAN, i'm so jealous. I want to graduate college!!! Need to get out and work and then probably end up back in school for a graduate degree When will it all end? hehe

yeah...aikman is da bomb. thus i guess it makes oklahoma kinda cool in an indirect manner. But dude....barry switzer sure suxored as cowboys coach. didn't like him one bit and he is from OK right?

And colorado...ah man. Its gorgeous up there! only problem is i can't breathe with their high elevation and thin air.

Isaac

Re: werd

Originally posted by isaaclim
    And colorado...ah man. Its gorgeous up there! only problem is i can't breathe with their high elevation and thin air.

Isaac
    eh yeah, I'll give you that. You can't really be a huge fan of oxygen up here......

Okay

Yeah, congratulations Postit, sorry, I didn't mean to call you an Oklahoman.

As for Clare, she's not Mexican, she's Brazilian (that's where she gets the Capoeira) but she was born in Anadarko, she told me. She also told me she would deny it if anyone found out.

Okay, now for Barry Switzer...he's a good coach. He turned OU into a powerhouse in the 70's. Just because he joined Dallas when they were hungover from their previous SuperBowls-they were all on crack or other drugs, raping and killing women, injured, and violent...he was too busy trying to survive to coach well.

As for Colorado, I've never been there, I'm sure it's lovely.

Nick
    1Shot

[img]Only one image is allowed in a sig, not two combine the two and then edit accordingly[/img]
    Check my Feedback
    P.U.N.K (www.punkpaintball.com)
    1Shot Productions (www.1shotprod.com)
    Bigshot Paintball Supply
    Disaster Paintball Products
    Silverline Screen Printing

Dust Black Dye LCD Trix
    RTP, Red ULE, X'd, Blue Stickies

werd

werd....you're right nick dawg. Switzer did rock the kazbah back in the 70s. But still......he definitely left a bad taste in the mouths of Cowboys fans. Its like he took a dump in our collective faces

Isaac

well lets give barry some credit, he won a superbowl and should have beat the niners in the conference championship. thats not exactly "taking a dump" on cowboy fans. he just had the unfortunate position of being the guy to follow jimmy. whomever came after jimmy was not going to be terribly well liked. and as far as aikman goes, i cant knock his three rings but the guy has nothing else but a big bag of concussions. i would have been much happier if the boys would have taken barry sanders in 89 and went with walsh as qb. but thats my opinion.

i have never been to colorado, i might one day, but the cold is not a friend to me and its far too cold there for my liking.

[offtopic]i dont know about anyone else, but im sick and tired of this damn mexican smoke.[/offtopic]

Now You're Talking!

That's what I'm talking about. I am an Anti-Cowboy Fan. But my other favorite team...Detroit Lions. I've been through some stuff with that team. But, Barry Sanders made the NFL what it was. He is a god. If he had gone to Dallas, I would've HAD to become a Cowboy fan.

Barry Sanders makes Emmitt Smith look like a chump.

Now...tell me where Barry Sanders went to college.

Say it...say it...

Yay!

Nick
    1Shot

i'll say it ...

he sucks

what no Texans fans in here?
    lol, I HATE them!

i will say it without fear, he went to osu. he was recuited there by jimmy johnson and went on to be the greatest running back, perhaps the greatest player in nfl history.(some guys named elway and montana might argue with me on that one) no player has done more with less help than barry. my ultimate fantasy is to go back in time and see number 20 in the cowboys backfield. one can only imagine the records that would have fallen if barry was given emmits line. not to knock smith, he is a fine running back, but there is a whole other level that barry is on. props to oklahoma for barry sanders.

I (as would many of today's coaches) would take Emmit in his prime before Barry. Yes, Barry was one of the top running backs of all time in stats, ability, and the way he carried himself on the field... however, while Barry would have a higher average yards per carry, most of them came on a few break out runs. He could get 125 yards in a game, and 100 of them would be on 5 carries, the rest would be over 15-20 carries with a few TFLs. Emmit in the same situation could put up 100 yards on 25 carries, but have them evenly divided. While its definately nice to have a running back break loose and go for 30 yards and the first down, I'd rather have a 1st and 3rd back who could get me a first down EVERY time it was 4 yards or less. It helps more keeping the drive alive than putting 30 yards on the first carry, then having to punt a few downs later.

Not to mention, 3rd and goal at the 2, and your break out rusher is no better than a 3rd stringer.

So... go Smith!

back to the topic

has anyone updated the list of all the ppl attending?

well ladiesman, i would suggest to you that if barry was equipped with the line that emmit had, the 15-20 meaningless carries he had in detroit would be at least as productive as emmits. its the old question that can never be answered, just debated. would there be any difference if you were to swap teams? if emmit played for detroit and barry played for dallas, who would have the better numbers? i totally agree with you that often times barry would have less than stellar days, but emmit was not then and is not now capable of the runs barry did. its a good ol fashioned debate that i enjoy, and goes even better with beer!

Versatile

Part of what made Barry Sanders such a great back was his versatility. It's the same in any sport. He was talented to run any way he needed. He could run short yardage, long yardage, up the middle, off tackle, delay, around the end, sweeps, reverse, I even saw him pass the ball several times. He did all this with a not very good team, and one horrible coach after another. The owners of the Lions were even worse. ANYONE should know that if you've got the best running back in the history of the sport, that you can spread 4 recievers and throw deep ALL DAY LONG. Did the Lions? Nah, they stuck to a formula that didn't work. They wouldn't even invest in a decent QB until Batch...who came when Barry was leaving. I've seen Barry Sanders fly, but they pulled him out every time they were within 5 yards of the goal line. Barry was not used wisely, or correctly, and he still did what he did. He rocks! Emmitt, don't even start...Barry would rock his socks.

Nick
    1Shot

Capo, these were rad. Nice work
    Thank you!

has anyone updated the list of all the ppl attending?
    yeah, getting back on topic (*cough*Nick*cough)..I've been updating the first page pretty often.

Don't forget to include how many people you will be bringing with you!
    Last edited by Clare; 05-18-2003 at 09:12 PM.

mh53eplt Guest
    I'll be there. Also have a sister who lives there. Can kill two birds with one stone.

Recomended hotels relatively close to the field and good drinking establishments anyone?

werd

can't say about the hotels, but 6th street in the heart of austin will be more than enough for your drinking needs

Isaac

still trying to find out on the hotels, I'll let you know a.s.a.p.

do not stay at the ramada on 290 and 35. That place is a hole. Stayed there for buisness and had to but a towel under the door to keep the light out.

strip clubs?

Originally posted by kenndogg
    strip clubs?
    GOOD IDEA!!!

but if i went i would be missing pieces of my body the next day
    Black CnC Xmag Serial #XT00210

I don't know about you, but as for me and my house, we will serve the 'mag

Click Here to AIM Daroach...

Anyone missing a dysfunctional boyfriend? If so, I think I may have found him...

Don't even get me started on strip clubs...
    "I am a woman. We don't always say what we want, but we do reserve the right to get pissed off when we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating, if not a little bit scary."
    -Sliding Doors

Don't even get me started on strip clubs...
    that and other things...lemme tell ya, just check out her sig

okay...I'm going to open this can of worms and ask whats wrong with them.

For those of you on the 'waiting list' to get into my apartment for the Texas AO Austin meet, there may be a spot opening up in a few short minutes. I'll keep you all informed...

Kenndogg: I'll PM you so as not to bore others.

For those of you on the 'waiting list' to get into my apartment for the Texas AO Austin meet, there may be a spot opening up in a few short minutes. I'll keep you all informed...
    ummmmmmm....baby....sweetie.....cutie....they are only on yer "waiting list" so they can see my Xmag

so if i get the boot, you be having no company