Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The French are Evil!

Easy!

Originally posted by Collegeboy

HOW CAN YOU PUNISH SOMEONE FOR BEING AGINST YOU. THAT IS UNAMERICAN, UNDEMOCRATIC, AND PLAIN WRONG.

Yeah, I guess we shouldn't hold elections then? After all, when we vote someone out, we are punishing them for not agreeing with us. I guess we should get ourselves a king or dictator, that wat the punishment will be more even handed!

AM-
    I do not claim to be a guru. I also am not buying into variable rates. As a borrower, I refinanced my home to 5 1/8 fixed. As a lender, I want variable rates so I can take advantage of the upturn down the road. The economy will turn around, because it can't rain all the time.

Now as for the crystal ball comment, I am quite proud to say that I sold ALL of my Cisco stock in 1999 and put a very nice down payment on a beach house in OC, NJ. I did it not because I forsaw a drop, but because only a fool leaves all of his eggs in one basket. BTW, OC, NJ is a very hot market and the house has almost doubled in 3 years! Plus no dealing with renters, the real estate agents handle the weekly rentals which more then pay the mortgage for the year with 12 weeks of summer rentals!

"Rooster, no you are incorrect. By violating a peace treaty doesn't mean the war is back on, if that was the case we would be in a war everyday of our life. It means measures can be taken to get the country to stay in agreement with the treaty, but war it doesn't support."

This proves your lack of knowledge on this subject. There was no peace treaty. There was no treaty at all. There was a ceasefire agreement. Thats it. The whole reason there was no peace treaty was to make sure Sadam complied. When a ceasefire is violated, the war can resume.

How many years have we had troops in Bosnia. My mom’s friend has been there for a total of 5.

Bosnia wasn't sanctioned by the UN either, so I guess we should have just let the Serbs exterminate the Kosovars. I guess that made Clinton a war criminal too by your definition.

I want to know what you think true and what is not. Too many people are posting falsities that it isn't funny. So before I can go discussing with you what the French did and did not do or were they wrong, I have to know what you think they did.

The word is fallacies (SP) not Falsities!

The French did not just roll over in WWII. My father was born in France and lived in France from 1938 to 1940, then again from 1945 to his graduation in 1956. History tells us that the French are the first to fight for what they feel is right.

You are right. The French did not just roll over. They also played dead! If the French are the first to fight and Poland was their sworn ally, why did they not invade Germany? Instead, they hid behind their defenses and waited even after declaring war on Germany.

You are also right that the US did nothing in 1941. I guess our grandfathers should have begun the invasion of Fortress Europe in the 3 weeks left in 1941 after pearl Harbor

Your dad is from France. CollegeBoy is French! It all makes sense now!

And how did Bush get his MBA. It wasn't for his grades I can tell you that.

Ah more rumors and innuendo. Harvard with their tremendous reactionary right wing reputation surely bent over backwards to help their fellow conservative!

FOL answer the question.

I'll answer: Yes your honor it's true, this man has no dick! (who you gonna call )

Collegeboy Guest

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fool!

Originally posted by m-98

First, there was no seige of Moscow the Germans got close to it but there was no actual seige.

Second, Stalingrad was a turning point because it was the last major German offensive on the Eastern front.

Third, France did roll over, it took six weeks for the Germans to reach Paris. Also, France surrendered in May of '40 signifying their fall. By the way the Germans did not have to conquer southern France because the French had all ready surrendered so there was no point. If the Germans did not "conquer" France then we did not conquer Japan because we did not fight any battles on the main Japanese home islands.

Fourth, we couldn't start any major operations in '41 because we were still hurting from Pearl Harbor and you could't move troops fast enough for us to start major operations in 2 weeks and we needed to plan.

I take back some of the things about you not knowing things but you are still incorrect about things.
    Moscow was laid siege not to the extent of Leningrad or Stalingrad, but ti was laid siege.

I though Kursk was the last major offensive on the Eastern Front . And no the defense of the capital was more important then Stalingrad.

We beat Japan, we did not conquer Japan. And no the French did not roll over, they lost, but they went down fighting.

That is not the point. My statement was that the US went into France only when the Germans were weekend by the Russians. This is true.

Bosnia was sanctioned by NATO, it was a multilateral agreement with the backing of the UN.

No my father is not from France, he was born there, how many times do I have to say this.

Why didn't the US step in when Poland was invaded?

Re: Easy!

Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
    AM-
    I do not claim to be a guru. I also am not buying into variable rates. As a borrower, I refinanced my home to 5 1/8 fixed. As a lender, I want variable rates so I can take advantage of the upturn down the road. The economy will turn around, because it can't rain all the time.

Now as for the crystal ball comment, I am quite proud to say that I sold ALL of my Cisco stock in 1999 and put a very nice down payment on a beach house in OC, NJ. I did it not because I forsaw a drop, but because only a fool leaves all of his eggs in one basket. BTW, OC, NJ is a very hot market and the house has almost doubled in 3 years! Plus no dealing with renters, the real estate agents handle the weekly rentals which more then pay the mortgage for the year with 12 weeks of summer rentals!
    Sold all your Cisco stock in 1999! That was a good move. We actually sold a bunch of stock before the big drop as well but alas not as much as we should have! My family had a beach house while I was growing up and we used to HATE that place UNTIL we got there. Then we had a blast. Back when you are a kid it always seemed that the summer weekend action you would be missing back in the neighborhood was much more exciting than a weekend with the miserable family (even if you got to bring a friend). Looking back on it, however, some of our best childhood memories are from there and it will probably be the same for your kids.
    ULE Body Level 10 Automag intelliframe + retrovalve

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fool!

Moscow was laid siege not to the extent of Leningrad or Stalingrad, but ti was laid siege.

I though Kursk was the last major offensive on the Eastern Front . And no the defense of the capital was more important then Stalingrad.

We beat Japan, we did not conquer Japan. And no the French did not roll over, they lost, but they went down fighting.

That is not the point. My statement was that the US went into France only when the Germans were weekend by the Russians. This is true.

Bosnia was sanctioned by NATO, it was a multilateral agreement with the backing of the UN.

No my father is not from France, he was born there, how many times do I have to say this.

Kursk: I said succussful offensive, the Germans lost there.

The invation of France: I guess I didn't understand you; I though that you meant we didn't get involved in the war in general.

We invaded France because, as you said, the Germans were weakened but first we had to win the battle for the Atlantic so we could get the proper men and equipment into Britain and we were already in Italy.

The French did fight but they failed to learn the lessens of the Polish campaign. They should have massed their tanks as the Germans did. If the French were fighting why didn't they launch a major a major offensive into Germany when Poland was invaded, and they could have done this. They did launch a small offensive, I know.

Collegeboy Guest

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fool!

Originally posted by m-98

Kursk: I said succussful offensive, the Germans lost there.

The invation of France: I guess I didn't understand you; I though that you meant we didn't get involved in the war in general.

We invaded France because, as you said, the Germans were weakened but first we had to win the battle for the Atlantic so we could get the proper men and equipment into Britain and we were already in Italy.

The French did fight but they failed to learn the lessens of the Polish campaign. They should have massed their tanks as the Germans did. If the French were fighting why didn't they launch a major a major offensive into Germany when Poland was invaded, and they could have done this. They did launch a small offensive, I know.
    Just because you don't win a battle doesn't mean it isn't an offensive battle. (yeah I know double negative :P )

I will get to the rest when i get back.

Liberalism is a persistent vegatative state.
    Originally posted by aaron_mag
    FOL and I rarely agree on anything and he often ends our discussions with a smart *** comment. He is not, however, an idiot nor is he afraid of debate. I take his parting comments in our discussion in the spirit they were meant (at least I believe they were meant) which is basically that we are too far apart on our opinions so there is no need to continue rehashing the same points to infinity....Besides some of his smart assed remarks are creative and funny (even when they are against me)
    See? Here's someone that I rarely agree with, yet he hasn't even come close to earning the "Useful Idiot" title so richly deserved by The Boy.

I think we both have this country's interests at heart, how we go about them is the difference.

Unlike The Boy, who I suspect is a French Foreign Exchange student.

Collegeboy Guest
    Originally posted by FactsOfLife

See? Here's someone that I rarely agree with, yet he hasn't even come close to earning the "Useful Idiot" title so richly deserved by The Boy.

I think we both have this country's interests at heart, how we go about them is the difference.

Unlike The Boy, who I suspect is a French Foreign Exchange student.
    I guess they give out US passports, and Military ID Cards to exchange students now.

Another post, and yet FOL still doesn't answer the question that he backed, yet he doesn't answer the question.

Oh and your the pic in your sig is a shame to every service man who ever served in Vietnam. How dare him.

yes i agree, at least photoshop him holding a talon

Another post, and yet FOL still doesn't answer the question that he backed, yet he doesn't answer the question.

Oh and your the pic in your sig is a shame to every service man who ever served in Vietnam. How dare him.
    Screw pal, MY father served in VietNam and he likes the pic.

Your assumption that it's a shame is asinine. Just like yourself.

I'm done playing your "answer my question" BS. Everyone here has answered your 3rd grade questions. YOU don't like the answers.

If you don't like it, tough. Go pound salt.
    Last edited by FactsOfLife; 05-02-2003 at 12:15 PM.

Re: Re: Easy!

Sold all your Cisco stock in 1999! That was a good move. We actually sold a bunch of stock before the big drop as well but alas not as much as we should have! My family had a beach house while I was growing up and we used to HATE that place UNTIL we got there. Then we had a blast. Back when you are a kid it always seemed that the summer weekend action you would be missing back in the neighborhood was much more exciting than a weekend with the miserable family (even if you got to bring a friend). Looking back on it, however, some of our best childhood memories are from there and it will probably be the same for your kids.
    Believe it or not, I was quite against selling the Cisco stock. My wife pushed it. She wanted the beach house. We rent out the place June through August. My wife and kids use it for May and September and usually 1 or 2 weeks we keep for ourselves in July. I just wished she pushed me to sell WCOM!

CB,
    Yep, you are right. I guess it is a good thing that the Russian Bombers destroyed the German war machine! Those daring Russians took the ack ack and fighters and destroyed the German Armies ability to fight! Remember who stopped the flow of supplies to the German Armies the Russians were fighting. Boy if those Russian bombers hadn't stopped the German nuclear program, we could have seen a mushroom cloud over Moscow!

P.S. Moscow was never besieged. Attacked yes, encircled and laid siege to NO! The German army came within 50 miles of Moscow, but did not ever enter it.

And you fought in which unit again?

You have the right to speak for Vietnam veterans like I have the right to speak of Militant Lesbian Soccor Moms (kind of like Rosie O'Donnell)!

At least Bush served in the national guard. He did not run away like Clinton and hide in London bad mouthing the US! Hey, Bill was the Dixie Chicks forerunner!

As for the sig, Come on Facts. You can do better then that. How about Michael Dukakis in the tank? Now there is a funny picture!

Oh and your the pic in your sig is a shame to every service man who ever served in Vietnam. How dare him. [/B]
    First of all it is "How dare HE", not "How dare HIM".
    Second of all, my father served in Vietnam too and you'll notice that I am proud to use the pic in my sig as well.
    It HONORS my father's memory, it doesn't shame it.

Originally posted by 1stdeadeye

And you fought in which unit again?

You have the right to speak for Vietnam veterans like I have the right to speak of Militant Lesbian Soccor Moms (kind of like Rosie O'Donnell)!

At least Bush served in the national guard. He did not run away like Clinton and hide in London bad mouthing the US! Hey, Bill was the Dixie Chicks forerunner!

As for the sig, Come on Facts. You can do better then that. How about Michael Dukakis in the tank? Now there is a funny picture!
    Oh you mean "The Loser".

Yeah that is true. Dukakis is a loser for serving in the army while GW Bush is a hero for serving in the national guard. Does support for former service men depend on what party the are part of?

Yeah that is true. Dukakis is a loser for serving in the army while GW Bush is a hero for serving in the national guard. Does support for former service men depend on what party the are part of?
    Nope, Dukakis is a loser for having his butt handed to him the election.

The fact that he served isn't germain to me calling him that.

And NO, it make zero difference to me what party a servicemen is in. They still get the support they deserve.

That Dukakis took his chances and went Liberal Democrat is his problem.

Bush is a hero because he, unlike a certain President immediately prior to him, says what he means and does what he says he's going to do. He did what a President is suppposed to do first and foremost. Protect this country from any threat foreign or domestic.

The fact that he's been right about nearly everything in his Presidency so far, is no doubt galling to The Boy.

And that's icing on the cake.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fool!

Siege: A military blockade of a city or fortified place to compel it to surrender. (Webster's 9th New Collegiate Dictionary)

Moscow was attacked, not laid siege to!

We were not trying to conquer the Japanese. However an unconditional surrender comes pretty darn close. Our goal was to defeat the Japanese, not enslave them. Your arguement is thusly moot!

Some French went down fighting. Some fled to fight another day. Some capitualed far too easy. *cough* Vichy French *cough*. DeGaulle was a hero, French or otherwise. Mitterand(deceased) and Chirac are morally bankrupt cowards!

No it isn't. American Bombers destroyed Germany's industrial base, not the Russians. American bombers made resupply of German Armies impossible, not the Russians.

Hey Randy Moss scored the touchdown. All Dante Culpepper did was throw him a 50 yard pass!

Uhm, the UN did not back Bosnian intervention. That is the reason the US had to unilaterally intervene. Nato did not sanction Bosnia until after the fact!

Born in France=French!

We were not bound by a treaty to do so as Britan and France were. This is kind of like Korea now. If NK invades SK, the US is bound by a treaty to defend SK! Not to tough to figure out, eh?

And for any of you wondering exactly what The Loser did during his tour:

He served for two years in the United States Army, sixteen months of which he spent with the Support Group to the UN Delegation to the Military Armistice commission in Munsan, Korea.

Figures.

No

No, it is not based on party. It is based on the fact that Dukakis looked like a weenie in that picture, that is all.

Look at it! He is not a presidential candidate, he is weenie-man!

for The Boy

in case you wanted something to go with that cheap French Whine...

Just because you don't win a battle doesn't mean it isn't an offensive battle. (yeah I know double negative :P )

I will get to the rest when i get back. he will keep pursuing this subject

Excuse my brother, for he will keep pursuing this subject.

WILL HIM AND YOU STOP THIS I WANT TO READ SOMETHING BY DIFFERENT PEOPLE??????????AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I KNOW MY SPELLING SUCKS BUT IM NOT EVEN IN HIGH SCHOOL SO DON'T CRITISIZE PEOPLE.

And for any of you wondering exactly what The Loser did during his tour:

He served for two years in the United States Army, sixteen months of which he spent with the Support Group to the UN Delegation to the Military Armistice commission in Munsan, Korea.

Figures.
    1stdeadeye can you please explain to Facts here why celebrating one person as a national guardsman and deriding another because he was stationed just for sixteen months in Korea is hypocritical.

Collegeboy Guest
    This is how my father puts the Bush vs. Clinton military service argument. He said both men dishonored those who died to fight for a lost cause or no cause at all. He said that out of them at least Clinton stood up for what he believed in, he broke the law, but didn't hide his emotions to the war. Bush was scared to fight, he ran and joined the NG in order to make sure that he will not get drafted or will not go to war. He even went awol while on duty. Along with the AWOL issue the thing that pissed my father the most was when Bush during his election said he wanted to go to war, but since the NG unit never got called up he couldn't. Anyone who knows anything will know that Bush joined the NG because he knew they wouldn't get called up. He has disgraced all the Vietnam dead and living who had the guts to fight, while he didn't and proclaims he does.
    I have to agree with that to a certain extent.

FOL, you have never answered my question, so don't state that you have. And since you posted the question again I will ask you again.

When did Iraq ever pose a threat to the US?

Okay.. I have a very simple question for those that think joining the NG or Reserves is any less important, even if your unit is never going to get sent TO war, in a war time than those in units sent to the fighting……….. In a time of War, when troops are off fighting, who is left behind to defend our country? Are those who stay in the United States, or in other locations around the world NOT directly involved in the fighting, less “important”?

Does it show less courage knowing that at any given time, any soldier can be reassigned? And is any location really less important in the big picture?

Interesting question……

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman

Collegeboy Guest
    Originally posted by shartley
    Okay.. I have a very simple question for those that think joining the NG or Reserves is any less important, even if your unit is never going to get sent TO war, in a war time than those in units sent to the fighting……….. In a time of War, when troops are off fighting, who is left behind to defend our country? Are those who stay in the United States, or in other locations around the world NOT directly involved in the fighting, less “important”?

Does it show less courage knowing that at any given time, any soldier can be reassigned? And is any location really less important in the big picture?

Interesting question……
    No NG units deserve just as much respect as any other soldier. But Bush didn't join the NG to protect our nation incase it was invaded (For that was and still is a ludicrous idea). He joined that unit for he was afraid to go to war, he knew it wasn't going to get assigned and he could always say that he served his country. Even though he did go AWOL.

No NG units deserve just as much respect as any other soldier. But Bush didn't join the NG to protect our nation incase it was invaded (For that was and still is a ludicrous idea). He joined that unit for he was afraid to go to war, he knew it wasn't going to get assigned and he could always say that he served his country. Even though he did go AWOL.
    He did? And you can verify this? YOU know what was in his mind and heart? Interesting!

I also have known soldiers that have been AWOL, and some indeed could be called cowards, but most would be considered far from it.

I say that since every “slot” must be filled, we should be glad that SOMEONE was willing to fill it. You casting down someone’s service to this country because YOU somehow feel it was less than courageous shows a lot about yourself. Have you served? You stated you had a military ID, but that could be for many reasons. And I seem to remember you saying that you wanted to become an officer when you got out of school.

In times of war, we need people EVERYPLACE they were before that time. Did you know that during the Gulf War people were being assigned to Germany? Same thing with the Korean and Vietnam wars. Heck… even in WWII and I people were stationed IN THE UNITED STATES, and NEVER saw combat! WOW! But then again, it is ludicrous to think anyone would attack the US Directly, right? Then what a massive misuse of manpower! You had better get a letter off to the Department Of Defense… and QUICK!

FOL, you have never answered my question, so don't state that you have. And since you posted the question again I will ask you again.

When did Iraq ever pose a threat to the US?
    What part of "I'm done answering your inane questions" are you having difficulty understanding?

And here you say you're in college.

BTW, enjoy the cheese.

Collegeboy Guest

What part of "I'm done answering your inane questions" are you having difficulty understanding?

And here you say you're in college.

BTW, enjoy the cheese.
    Then stop making the statement that Iraq posed a threat to the US. If you can not asnwer the question of how they did so, don't make the statement.

To Shartly.

There are numerous sites out there, all of them bias of course, that show the peculiarities of Bush's military "service."

Here is just one of them.

http://www.realchange.org/bushjr.htm#vietnam

They are bias so should be taken with a grain of salt. Look at the evidence and skip the opinions.

My ID card comes from my father, he is retired from the army after 30 years in service, 5 of which was in Vietnam