Thread: new to mags, have a few questions

new to mags, have a few questions

i plan on purchasing a mag this summer, im trying to read as much as i can before i ask questions and there are a couple things i dont understand.

1) Stars on a mag. what are those? ive heard people say "how many stars are left"

2) What does the X-board do on a revvy?

thanks!
    Spyder Xtra
    JJ Ceramic

Looking to buy a cheap mag this summer!

3) also, what is some decent cheap paint, and is it better to buy at a store rather than online due to breaks. im thinking about buying some zap primer for $29 for a case. i really only play rec in the woods, and i cant afford marbilizer every time

or some nelson hot spot for $32

The stars are on the valve, and when you send your gun to AGD to get repairs, they remove a star (star=free fix). A classic mag has 1 I believe, and a minimag has 3.

The x-board increases the reliablity of your revy so it doesn't skip and turns everytime. It also adds about 2-3bps to the feed rate.
    minus

About paint, you get what you pay for. Try 'em & see how they shoot for you.

How come my mag never had any stars on it?? bought it back in '99
    Cockers and Shockers and Mags, OH MY !!

how often do mags need to be sent to AGD for repair? and what kinda problems do they have?

Mags are extremely durable. If you ever have a problem, you generally just have to clean and oil or replace some or all of the o-rings in the valve. However, if the problem is more than that(and you're willing to have a star removed) you can send it into AGD to get it fixed. When all is said and done, mags are probably the most durable marker money can buy; they're like the Glock of paintball markers.

i use core paint it is $29 for 2000 and its good paint ..........i just got my mag its a 68classic and i donot know a thing aBOUT IT SO I CAN'T HELP YOU
    They call me Trojanman, due to the fact that I used to wear alot of protection (clothes) on the field (2-3 layers)...

Mags are increadably durable. You can throw them against a tree, slap someone upside the head with it, and stab it through the heart of a vampire. Then, whipe it off, oil it, and your good to go. They very rarly break down, and if they do, just post a thread explaining the problem. You can almost always get it fixed yourself (by replacing an O-ring or something). The ONLY trouble I've had with my 'Mag is the macro line leaking, but that's not even the 'Mags fault. Great guns, great service, great price.

Originally posted by TCtheTank
    how often do mags need to be sent to AGD for repair? and what kinda problems do they have?
    to tell you the truth, I really don't know what could happen to a mag to where it would need to be sent to AGD. the only thing breakable on the gun are the O rings... and even then they last a LONG time, even after Co2 freeze down.

hey

macro line sucks! mine leaks too

awesome, thanks for the input guys