Thread: The Future of Twist Lock ?

The Future of Twist Lock ?

I am planing on buying either a black powerfeed mainbody or a Blue ULE. now I've weighed both the pro's and cons of each and it pretty much comes down to the fact that I am not a fan of aluminum and love the high quality feel of the steel bodies, my only question is: with the ULE's using cocker theads and such and the use of twist locks slowly fading away, do you think it might soon get harder and harder to find twist lock barrels?? It seems that it's harder now to find them then it was 4 years ago, is twist lock fading away?
    Cockers and Shockers and Mags, OH MY !!

I think the twist lock is slowly fading out. I think a smart move would be to go with the ULE body. You yourself noticed that twist lock bodies are already hard to find. Why put yourself through the hassle of buying an already outdated product.

Tom made his Flag-Ship top of the line gun with cocker threads. Now he's made the ULE bodies for all mags. Say what you will, like it or not, I think even Tom is realizing threaded is the way to go. Down with twist lock!!
    WE ARE DEADCELL, AND WE WILL RUN THROUGH YOU

Dayspring - "We've had Clare at Shatnerball." "I'm confident that she can take 20 guys."

"I'd trade my cocker for some steady pu**y"

yes it is kinda i recommend getting a nice barrel for your mag if you wanna stick to twisty and make heavy use of it

I have to agree…. The twist lock is on its way out. This does not mean it isn’t a good barrel, but just that it isn’t economically sound to keep making them since the barrel companies don’t want to produce them for what they consider a niche market.

I love mine, but will more than likely have to get an adapter so I can get a nice set of Evil Pipes for my RT Pro at some point.

This does not bother me, but for anyone starting from scratch, I too would suggest not getting something that is outdated if at all possible…. Unless you WANT it.

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman

thats a shame cause I love twistlock, guess I'm just oldschool, I guess the smart choice would be a sexxy blue ULE. I do like vert-feed however and love the low-rise on them. if only they made a black low-rise vertfeed with cocker threads using 304 stainless steel. of well. maybe I can get Tom to produce one for me

One point however, is the number of barrels already out there. They've been making twist lock barrels for years, and with many people dumping them for ULE bodies, the used market is full of them... For those who don't need the absolutly newest barrel sets.

DOWN WITH TWIST LOCK!
    [Something Cool is Here]

SUNY Binghamton (or near middletown when i'm not there)
    how the hell do you aim with a vert feed though?..that's my problem with ULEs...and what's the lowrise?

Aim down the side of the gun.
    Originally posted by AGD
    What are some joys and struggles of your career?
    The joys are when you make it work well.
    The struggles are when they want it to be a different color

AGD

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thefifthmarker/

Originally posted by impostal22
    how the hell do you aim with a vert feed though?..that's my problem with ULEs...and what's the lowrise?
    vert feed... look down either side of the gun... and if you leave both eyes open, you can, in a way, 'see past the feedneck' <-- it has something do do with the way your eyes put 2 images together and forms them into one
    Proud Member Of The AO Cesspool Since 08-24-2002

Just a thought: the nice thing about a twist-lock is that you can make a twist-lock adaptor to allow the use of just about any type of threaded barrel. There are of course a few people making adaptors out there now... but I would imagine that the demand might well increase. Sounds like a business opportunity to me.

"The Future of Twist Lock ?"

maybe twist lock was good b4 the lvl 10 cause you would always have to clean the barrel. But now all of the shiz has them lvl 10s on, so y would you need a fast way to take off the barrel if u dont need to be cleaning it in the middle of the game
    OMG OMG OMG SHAKOW!
    CGNU-crazy go nuts university
    TEN HEAD!!!
    I want to try people meat

Originally posted by B00bzor
    maybe twist lock was good b4 the lvl 10 cause you would always have to clean the barrel. But now all of the shiz has them lvl 10s on, so y would you need a fast way to take off the barrel if u dont need to be cleaning it in the middle of the game
    EGGZACKLY! Twist lock is not, and will not be made by most companaies, like Evil.