Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom: 4500 Flatline Reg Seats?

Unhappy Tom: 4500 Flatline Reg Seats?

Alright, I HATE the posts addressed directly to Tom too. That's what email is for, but I feel my question will benefit the entire AO Community...

I called the factory today to inquire about some Reg Seats for my 68/4500 Flatline. One of the ladies in the office (didn't get her name) told me that they were discontinued indefinately. Uh... that's not good!

While I am not in desperate need for one, I'm afraid I will need it and not be able to get it. That will result in my $450 tank being useless...

I understand how the supply chain works, I'm a business major. If your manufacturer discontinues a product, so must you until you find a suitable replacement. However, how many 4500 Flatlines will be affected before something is done?

I know you are working on the issue, and I am NOT badgering or attacking. I am loyal to AGD, always have been, always will be. I currently own a RetroMag, E-Mag, X-Mag, 68/3000 Flatline, 4500 Flatline, and 2 Warps. I simply won't shoot anything else. But this is a metter that concerns me greatly!

If you could please let us 4500 Flatline owners know what is being done, I know I would be very appreciative.

BTW - I forsee another Warp 90* Adapter fiasco here!

Here's a related thread: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...=4500+flatline

Thanks ~ Dave
    David M. Jones
    AO Member #1111 - Formerly davej946
    Member of Team AO, MGO 2003

Wildfire :: Division III X-Ball
    www.wildfirepaintball.com

Supported by:
    Wildfire Paintball
    Nelson Paintballs

We have been waiting for weeks for them ourselves. Lots of broken promises. They come from as supplier in Europe so we can't go over there and beat them up. I should have had an answer last friday but haven't heard yet. If we have to find another supplier it will take months.

AGD

I have a few seats in my tool box. I'll give you a few this weekend.....You no PM answering jerk.
    Last edited by Load SM5; 04-28-2003 at 07:44 PM.

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

Originally posted by AGD
    They come from as supplier in Europe so we can't go over there and beat them up.
    Hey, thanks for the quick, HONEST reply Tom! You need to send someone like manike over to knock on their door...

Originally posted by Load SM5

I have a few seats in my repair kit. I'll give you a few this weekend.....You no PM answering jerk.
    Hey Jeff, I'm sorry. I need to get you some directions. I forwarded you PM to Trench in hopes he'd send you the directions. You need to hit the chat tonight, I have some good or bad news, depending on you mood...

Thanks Guys ~ Dave

I think I may have a couple too. I need to hang onto one and I think I promised one to Tunaman. So I may have one that can be spared if someone is desperate.

Originally posted by cphilip
    I think I may have a couple too. I need to hang onto one and I think I promised one to Tunaman. So I may have one that can be spared if someone is desperate.
    And THAT is why I love AO. That's the President of AGD and TWO mods offering advice/parts. Too cool!

Dave

We always glad to help out or fellow members. It's all comes back to you someday if you give give give ...

I truely believe that to be the case.

GROUP HUG!!!!

We always glad to help out or fellow members. It's all comes back to you someday if you give give give ...

I truely believe that to be the case.

GROUP HUG!!!!
    WATCH IT! I'll take you up on that group hug @ SCAO!

Dave

You got it Jonesie! And Jon is all about the AO hugs too....

And Clare!

Yep, look how much Jon loves Fatman!

Man boobs? I mean... Man Tubes? I mean what is that Fatman is playing with in his pocket?

(thats ezrunner off to the right there. aka Dorkwang!)

Man boobs? I mean... Man Tubes? I mean what is that Fatman is playing with in his pocket?

(thats ezrunner off to the right there. aka Dorkwang!)
    Look what I started?!?!?

THREAD HIJACK ALERT!!!!!

That's like, two in one week, Phil!

Dave

yea but I old an forget what we even talking about. Whats everyone elses excuse?

yea but I old an forget what we even talking about. Whats everyone elses excuse?

BEER!

Word of advice:

When you get a new seat, install it backwards. Install the tapered portion of the seat facing away from the tip of the piston shaft. The problem with the seats is that the taper they put on them is inconsistent and never matches perfectly to the piston. It's better to use a sharp corner as the sealing surface and let the piston create its own sealing surface. I've been using mine like this for awhile and RobAGD has been too (his idea) and they work much better.

No more creep problems and no flow issues. I've had my E-Mag up to 23cps with 1K input and it didn't skip a beat. The only problem I've found with doing this is that you can't crank the input much over 900-1K with the stock adjuster.

Originally posted by BlackVCG
    Word of advice:

When you get a new seat, install it backwards. Install the tapered portion of the seat facing away from the tip of the piston shaft. The problem with the seats is that the taper they put on them is inconsistent and never matches perfectly to the piston. It's better to use a sharp corner as the sealing surface and let the piston create its own sealing surface. I've been using mine like this for awhile and RobAGD has been too (his idea) and they work much better.

No more creep problems and no flow issues. I've had my E-Mag up to 23cps with 1K input and it didn't skip a beat. The only problem I've found with doing this is that you can't crank the input much over 900-1K with the stock adjuster.
    Thanks for the info, Black. There's nothing wrong with mine now, but I like to keep extra parts on hand... just in case.

I currently run about 800 into my X-Mag, so I don't think it will be an issue, trying to get my pressure above 1K.

Thanks ~ Dave

Back from the dead. Tom, what is the status on the reg seats???? The store is still out of stock.
    Jonathan Edwards-Captain,Damage Inc.
    2003 CPSA Novice Division Champions

Red/Black Fade Alais Intimidator
    Red Eblade GX3 Cocker-68/4500 AGD Flatline

Check My Feedback Here
    Visit Damage Inc's Home Field and Sponsor Fox Paintball
    Check Out Damage Inc's Team Website

Animal Mother Guest
    Same here...

Everyone told me to get a Dynaflow.. I stuck with AGD. Besides the cheap guages that cracked on me the Flatline has been great, but if the reg seat goes.. I have a $400 paper weight...

I need a spare as well.
    Last edited by Animal Mother; 07-31-2003 at 02:44 PM.

they're still waiting to my last word. I know the Blackcell guys have been waiting on tanks. For whatever reason, AGD can't get a relaible seal. They had some in that worked, but to replace the seal, it broke the piston...thus AGD wont sell it.

that's it I'm sellin and getting a good tank
    You are the Wormtongue of AO.~bofh

Reg.... seats... please... patience... failing.....
    WE ARE DEADCELL, AND WE WILL RUN THROUGH YOU

Dayspring - "We've had Clare at Shatnerball." "I'm confident that she can take 20 guys."

"I'd trade my cocker for some steady pu**y"

Originally posted by AGD
    They come from as supplier in Europe so we can't go over there and beat them up.
    Why not?

I'm sure manike or other UK AO'ers could find some free time

Now, I do not have a 4500 Flatline...but for the people who's tanks are working, why are you worried about the seal failing? I do not see this as being as high of a wear item as people think. Now the people who are waiting for tanks, sucks to be you

Animal Mother Guest
    Originally posted by Muzikman
    Now, I do not have a 4500 Flatline...but for the people who's tanks are working, why are you worried about the seal failing? I do not see this as being as high of a wear item as people think. Now the people who are waiting for tanks, sucks to be you
    Let's see.. because I don't want to be SOL if my reg seat does die at a tournament that I paid money to be in. I have every O-ring for every part of my gear... except the reg seat on my Flatline. They can and will wear out. When? Who knows..

Well...I don't know about you and the way you play tournaments, but I have a gun or two sitting in my bag chronoed and ready to go incase I have a problem. I do not try to fix a gun that has gone down during an event. This is the reason to have a backup that is as god as your normal marker. This includes; Tanks, loaders, etc...

Now, I do agree that it is good to have enough spare parts to rebuild every gun 3 times over (god knows I have enough parts cases) but to complain about not having something you do not need right now....

Now, I do agree that it is good to have enough spare parts to rebuild every gun 3 times over (god knows I have enough parts cases) but to complain about not having something you do not need right now....
    but mine does need one!
    i spent $400 dollars on a tank and i cant us it because of
    a $5 o-ring.
    yes a lot of people dont "need" them right now but some of us do
    "The Few Who Do Are The Envy Of The Many Who Only Stand And Watch"

Alway Remember *343*

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Now, I do not have a 4500 Flatline...but for the people who's tanks are working, why are you worried about the seal failing? I do not see this as being as high of a wear item as people think.
    Not a high wear item??? Let me explain. I went through 2 reg seats in my BRAND NEW 4500 flatline in 8 months. I bought 3 more of which one has already failed. That leaves me 2 reg seats and I have 2 4500 flatlines. I have not had a problem since I took BlackVCG's advice and installed my reg seat backwords. However, There is a problem with the reg seats, AGD knows it, it needs to be fixed. They have been out of stock for months.

yeah... well at IAO we tried holding an X-Mag hostage for 4.5k reg seats but we got thwarted.

But we got assurance that they are working on the issue. Once they finally get it resolved I can finally get my new tank!

AFTICA 4 Life! the low rent (unsponsored) AGD team at IAO
    Team Sandbaggers: 2k4 Texball Champs of the world!

SFL Emag
    RTP abomination
    Sydarm + scenario project VM-68 to be featured later.