Thread: old school Crown point barrel

old school Crown point barrel

I was wondering how the old school crown point barrel performs, i was thinking to myself, wouldn't it kick *** to have that barrel??? well if anybody knows tell me.
    "dude, keep going straight, where's my dope?"- Carter

Paintchucker Guest
    They are decent barrels. The odd thing is that because so much metal is cut out of the front of them, they kinda ring when you shoot the gun. Some people used to put Orings on the front of them to stop the ringing. I believe that they are just a hair bigger than .689 bore.

I got one for sale if you want it... I thought it might be cool with my 1993 mini, but that is camo splashed, so the black crown point doesn't really match.

i have a krown point barrel but im not shure if it is old school because it has a chrome krown
    ----------------------------------
    Jeff

Not very good barrels IMO. As one of the other posters mentioned, they ping when you shoot them and they can break paint in the crown.

As with any barrel, it depends on what paint you're putting through it. I own an old crown point barrel and it performs reasonably well under most circumstances. The finish inside the barrel is not mirror smooth, though it may well have been when it was first purchased. It does make a delightful "ting!" noise during firing, which is easily suppressed by slipping a couple of old barrel o-rings over the crown point tip.

Overall, a good new aftermarket barrel will probably perform better, but if you're going for that old school look, use the crown point.

Right now I'm using a 10 inch Armson barrel purchased back in the mid 1990s, and it's performing quite well. I don't think the rifling inside the barrel is doing anything to improve accuracy, but this barrel does seem to be more tolerant of different paint sizes than any other barrel in my collection.

BJJB

well in the old days, a Crown Point barrel was the cool accessory to have- it came with the powerfeed mag. it thought it looked cool, but never liked how it shot. in the 'old days' i rocked the J&J brass or the SP All American. ahh, the old days.
    sigs are overrated.

I bought a powerfeed mag 2 weeks ago and it came with a crownpoint barrel

http://picturesarelethal.homestead.com
    Shooting stuff is fun.

Originally posted by RedRtMag
    i have a krown point barrel but im not shure if it is old school because it has a chrome krown

how old are you? you spelled crown with a K

^ and thats the new crownpoint that comes stock on RTPs and E-Mags
    Proud Member Of The AO Cesspool Since 08-24-2002

I loved those crowns...

"He's over there! ting ting ting TING ting TING!!" lol

The first crown was aono'ed and then cut. So it was black and the cuts in the crown were bare aluminum. Then the 2nd generation was cut and then anno'ed so it was all black.

Now this new funky one. Shoots great, depends on how I look at it if I think it looks good, lol. I'll probably get a boomstick later on. Then again who needs accuracy when an e-mag throws paint like it does
    My cats bum rises when I pet it.

The crown point barrel is the most accurate barrel in existance. It also exhibits supreme range properties.

11. How could I have forgotten!?! Thank you for this great scientific revelation for I shall now go and immediatly depart with my freak kit, cp and 32 degrees carbon fiber on ebay for rock bottom prices in order that I may restore my marker to it's orginal glory with a crown "royal" point barrel!

since this was the thread i started i ahev to say, now i will look for a Krown point barrel. where cvna i find a hopper left old scool one for cheap??? nad i mean real cheap

See what you've done Miscue?

I bet you also started that whole closed bolt and low pressure hype as well, hehehe

Originally posted by Miscue
    The crown point barrel is the most accurate barrel in existance.
    Wouldn't that be TECHNICALLY correct? No other barrel is more accurate, right?

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant